Winter Sanctuary Competition

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Zookeepers!

PZ_Winter_sanctuary_competition_960x540.jpg

A large part of Planet Zoo focuses on making the animals in your zoos feel happy, healthy and secure, and this can be a difficult task. The habitats that you create are where your animals spend all of their time: playing, sleeping, eating and so on. The challenge of creating a haven for your animals is most apparent in the Tundra biome - a harsh, bitter landscape that seldom allows animals to feel warm and safe.

In celebration of the Arctic Pack, we're looking for habitat creators who do whatever it takes to make their zoos a home for their animals. While in the Tundra biome, make a Winter Sanctuary for those in your care! Give them a place where they can be sheltered from the intense, blistering cold and can instead feel toasty and cosy. We want to see builders go above and beyond for all the animals in their charge!

Design your glorious habitats in the Tundra biome, save them as a blueprints, and then email us at community@frontier.co.uk with the blueprint link and a screenshot that shows off your wonderful habitat. All entries must be submitted by 5PM UTC on Friday 10 January, 2020.

You do not need Planet Zoo: Arctic Pack to take part in this competiton!

Prize:
The winner of the competition will receive a massive Planet Zoo goodie bag which includes:
  • Planet Zoo tote bag.
  • A Planet Zoo plushie.
  • Planet Zoo pin badge.
  • Planet Zoo signed poster.
  • Planet Zoo lanyard.
  • Planet Zoo USB flash drive.
  • Planet Zoo jigsaw.
  • Planet Zoo lunchbox.
Rules:
  • Your habitat must be in the Tundra biome.
  • The blueprint cannot exceed four thousand items.
  • The blueprint must be uploaded as a building blueprint, not a park blueprint.
  • You can use any scenery and building pieces, and you can terraform your habitat as much as you like.
Competition Terms and Conditions:
  • You only officially enter the competition when you have submitted your habitat blueprint to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject link: 'Winter Sanctuary'.
  • You can enter multiple times.
  • All entries must be submitted by Friday 10 January, 2020 at 5PM UTC.
  • Frontier have the right to remove any entry at their sole discretion.
  • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.
  • The competition will be judged by an independent panel of Frontier staff.
  • The winner will be contacted by the Frontier Community Team via email.
  • The winner has 7 days to respond and claim the prize; if no response has been received after 7 days, you forfeit your prize.
  • Frontier employees are excluded from participating in the event.
  • Frontier reserve the right to exchange any prize for a prize of similar value.
  • Frontier have the final say on the winner and prizes of the event.

I'm not artistic enough to have a shot at winning these competitions you guys are having, but I think it's awesome that they are being done and love seeing the work other people do.

Those prizes are pretty cool too. Do you guys have a merchandise shop where people can buy some of that stuff? Because if you don't....you should, you'd make money!!

I'm not artistic enough to have a shot at winning these competitions you guys are having, but I think it's awesome that they are being done and love seeing the work other people do.
I think I'm still too new to the game to have a chance at winning a contest like this but I can't wait to see pics of the entries! I'll bet there will be some really spectacular ones!
Doesn't hurt to have a crack at it though! You never know what you can pull off until you try. ;)

For me it's a matter of how much time is on my hands as I'm pretty busy nowadays (and Christmas is on the horizon so I'll likely be taking time away from gaming). If I can squeeze it into my schedule though I'll try my hand at it! :)

For me it's a matter of how much time is on my hands as I'm pretty busy nowadays (and Christmas is on the horizon so I'll likely be taking time away from gaming). If I can squeeze it into my schedule though I'll try my hand at it! :)

I'm still very much into my African zoo and, as you said, xmas just around the corner now, I dunno, we'll see how it goes. My next zoo is definitely going to be Artic anyway. If I get something cool enough made in time, maybe I'll give it a go. I'm having so much fun with Nubia on the Nile (aforementioned African zoo) right now I can't even think about anything else, even when I'm working :)

I feel much the same way. but I may be having some vacation time end of next week, so I may attempt something. Don't really have time before Christmas, but after. Maybe. I have made a few habitats that I am not unhappy with, so maybe.

Ooh exciting! Is there any way to check the amount of pieces in your blueprint instead having to nervously estimate how much you've used until the limit has reached? I know we could in Planet Coaster but now with the 'Everything inside 1 building is 1 object' method it can be confusing at times..

Ooh exciting! Is there any way to check the amount of pieces in your blueprint instead having to nervously estimate how much you've used until the limit has reached? I know we could in Planet Coaster but now with the 'Everything inside 1 building is 1 object' method it can be confusing at times..

Have it all in the same scenery group and you get a total object count in the upper right corner of the screen when the group is selected. Alternatively, just use the multi-select tool to select the whole thing with NO scenery groups. You get that interface element that tells you the object count.

Where this doesn't work is if some things are grouped and some aren't. Then if you select them all the object count for each group is only counted as "1" when you use multi-select.

Have it all in the same scenery group and you get a total object count in the upper right corner of the screen when the group is selected. Alternatively, just use the multi-select tool to select the whole thing with NO scenery groups. You get that interface element that tells you the object count.

Where this doesn't work is if some things are grouped and some aren't. Then if you select them all the object count for each group is only counted as "1" when you use multi-select.
Yep that's exactly the problem I have with the latter case, I mostly build using A LOT of different scenery groups because of course multiple grids can't be combined into one, and I use a lot of different grids to get the right look...

Do we save this as a building blueprint or habitat blueprint because you mention both in the rules which makes it tricky. I'm struggling to save the habitat vs. building as a blueprint. If I save it as a habitat all my scenery disappears and it looks dumb or if I save it as a building all the habitat barriers disappear... the paths also disappear. Can anyone shed some light on how to 'save' and submit for this?

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Do we save this as a building blueprint or habitat blueprint because you mention both in the rules which makes it tricky. I'm struggling to save the habitat vs. building as a blueprint. If I save it as a habitat all my scenery disappears and it looks dumb or if I save it as a building all the habitat barriers disappear... the paths also disappear. Can anyone shed some light on how to 'save' and submit for this?

Save it as a habitat, but make sure to take screenshots. It’s why we ask for both, as we know the pathing won’t be in the blueprint, but people spend a lot of time on them.

I know how to create a blueprint, but how do you create a link for it??

You’ll need to upload the blueprint onto the Steam Workshop and send that link to us!

Top Bottom