Biggest dinosaur

It says in the dino dictionary or whatever In the game that dreadnoughtus is the biggest dinosaur that ever lived. Scientifically it is not Argentinasaurus is. If you ever divide to add it to the game I would love a pack mechanic were 3 gigas hunt down 1 argentinasaurus as they did in real life😀

Argentinosaurus:
Length: 22 – 35 m
Height: 7.3 metres at the shoulder
Mass: 60,000 – 100,000 kg

Patagotitan:
Length: 37 meters
Height: 6 meters at the shoulder

Dreadnoughtus:
Length: 26 m
Height: 6 m (At Shoulder)

Argentinosaurus is not the largest dinosaur and neither is Deadnoughtus. The largest terrestrial LAND animal I believe is Patagotitan.
It is believed that Dreadnoughtus could be the largest according to some sources but Argentinosaurus DEFINATELY is not the largest dinosaur. It isn't the largest but it is my favorite. If you still don't believe me than NatGeo did a video on this in 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ59YJza4pk

Last edited:
It’s also been clarified that it wasn’t Giga that lived alongside Argentinosaurus. It was actually Mapusaurus, a very close relative almost the same size. They did hunt in packs as well!
Giganotosaurus lived with Limaysaurus(Rebbachisaurid) and Andesaurus a relative of Argentinosaurus a little bit later in the Cretaceous not far away.
Common mistake though, blame Nigel Marvin lol ;)

It’s also been clarified that it wasn’t Giga that lived alongside Argentinosaurus. It was actually Mapusaurus, a very close relative almost the same size. They did hunt in packs as well!
Giganotosaurus lived with Limaysaurus(Rebbachisaurid) and Andesaurus a relative of Argentinosaurus a little bit later in the Cretaceous not far away.
Common mistake though, blame Nigel Marvin lol ;)

Yea. Nigel Marven is one of the best naturalists out there! I still want the rest of the dinosaurs from Prehistoric Park lol. (Just the dinosaurs no prehistoric animals).

I would really like to see an argentinosaurus or patagotitan in the game! Hopefully a large sauropod that has a neck that is parallel to the ground, I think the supersaurus is a great candidate too.

Sometimes the dinosaur dictionary has weird exaggerations for some dinosaurs, the dreadnoughtus is not really the biggest dinosaur in game when you place him next to the brachiosaurus, as that dinosaur has a notably bigger body mass than the dread, not that it stopped me from enjoying having the sauropod around. Either make the dinosaur bigger to fit its description (which is a lot of work on the art, animation, and so forth like what they did to the carnivores in update 1.4) OR rewrite the description, that way we know that the dinosaur is big and there is potential for future dlc dinosaurs that surpass the sauropods in game in regards to size.

Sometimes the dinosaur dictionary has weird exaggerations for some dinosaurs, the dreadnoughtus is not really the biggest dinosaur in game when you place him next to the brachiosaurus, as that dinosaur has a notably bigger body mass than the dread, not that it stopped me from enjoying having the sauropod around. Either make the dinosaur bigger to fit its description (which is a lot of work on the art, animation, and so forth like what they did to the carnivores in update 1.4) OR rewrite the description, that way we know that the dinosaur is big and there is potential for future dlc dinosaurs that surpass the sauropods in game in regards to size.
A quick "wikiwalk" does make it seem that Brachiosaurus and Dreadnoughtus fairly close in size IRL and in game; though the latter is listed as being heavier. It does seem, visually anyway, that Brachiosaurus and Memenchiosaurus are both larger than Dreadnoughtus, but that just may be how the devs developed these dinosaurs.

I also want to mention that sauropods Maraapunisaurus (formerly Amphicoelias fragillimus) and Bruhathkayosaurus are often listed as contenders for "largest terrestrial animals" due to the descriptions made by the scientists describing their remains; Maraapunisaurus, for example, has been estimated to have been as much as 58m (190ft) in length. However, it should be noted that most scientists are dubious of these claims, due to the lack of actual material and detailed descriptions of said remains; the remains of both Maraapunisaurus and Bruhathkayosaurus were lost sometime after their discovery.

There is this cool picture by u/hiplobonoxa, the redditor made a scale comparison of all dinosaurs in game. If you are reading this, thanks for your picture! :D

dino sizes.jpg

If you look at the large herbivores, you could see the dreadnoughtus and brachiosaurus share almost the same height, with the brachi being a bit taller with its distinctive skull shape. The downside is that the brachiosaurus is visually larger with the extra bulk. The dreadnoughtus is very well built, but is skinnier looking than the brachiosaurus. If they wish to give it the biggest dinosaur that ever lived title, maybe having it scaled up to to look at the mamenchisaurus in picture eye to eye would work. The mamenchisaurus will still have a pretty long neck, and having the dreadnoughtus scaled juuuust a bit more than the brachiosaurus makes this statement of being the largest dinosaur in the JW universe more believable.

If you look at the large herbivores, you could see the dreadnoughtus and brachiosaurus share almost the same height, with the brachi being a bit taller with its distinctive skull shape. The downside is that the brachiosaurus is visually larger with the extra bulk. The dreadnoughtus is very well built, but is skinnier looking than the brachiosaurus. If they wish to give it the biggest dinosaur that ever lived title, maybe having it scaled up to to look at the mamenchisaurus in picture eye to eye would work. The mamenchisaurus will still have a pretty long neck, and having the dreadnoughtus scaled juuuust a bit more than the brachiosaurus makes this statement of being the largest dinosaur in the JW universe more believable.

That's what I've been thinking! I even made an idea thread a while back suggesting that they should give the dreadnoughtus a size buff. In my opinion, the dreadnoughtus should be at least a full head taller than the brachiosaurus.

That's what I've been thinking! I even made an idea thread a while back suggesting that they should give the dreadnoughtus a size buff. In my opinion, the dreadnoughtus should be at least a full head taller than the brachiosaurus.

Hopefully. Honestly, a part of me feels guilty as I don't like making such requests to work on a project that has already been submitted. The resizing of 1.4 is amazing as it made the carnivores higher in quality and made having them around the park amazing, but it sounds very taxing to make from the live stream they showcased. Hopefully the resizing of the dreadnoughtus should not be a priority, but it would be greatly appreciated if they could pull it off!

Argentinosaurus:

Patagotitan:

Dreadnoughtus:

Argentinosaurus is not the largest dinosaur and neither is Deadnoughtus. The largest terrestrial LAND animal I believe is Patagotitan.
It is believed that Dreadnoughtus could be the largest according to some sources but Argentinosaurus DEFINATELY is not the largest dinosaur. It isn't the largest but it is my favorite. If you still don't believe me than NatGeo did a video on this in 2017:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ59YJza4pk
These values show that Argentinosaurus is the biggest land animal.
I found these values with my massiveness method
Argentinosaurus: 35(lenght)x7.3(height)= 255.5
Patagotitan: 37(lenght)x6(height)= 222
Which shows Argentinosaurus is larger than the Patagotitan.
Patagotitan is just longer than the Argentinosaurus that's all.
I hope I helped you have a good day.

I thought it was Amphicoelias
A. fragillimus was determined to actually be a Rebbachisaurid and became Maraapunisaurus, Rebbachisaurids have different proportions to Diplodocids, so it's estimated as significantly smaller at 31 metres long these days.

There is this cool picture by u/hiplobonoxa, the redditor made a scale comparison of all dinosaurs in game. If you are reading this, thanks for your picture! :D

View attachment 126582

You're welcome! (Four years later!)

Argentinosaurus:

Patagotitan:

Dreadnoughtus:

It is believed that Dreadnoughtus could be the largest according to some sources but Argentinosaurus DEFINATELY is not the largest dinosaur. It isn't the largest but it is my favorite. If you still don't believe me than NatGeo did a video on this in 2017:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ59YJza4pk
Based on current research Argentinosaurus weighs 60 - 75 tonnes (66 - 83 short tons), Patagotitan weighs 50 - 57 tonnes (55 - 63 short tons), so even though Patagotitan is longer Argentinosaurus by a couple meters, Argent still weighs more so Argentinosaurus is still the largest confirmed dinosaur.

Isn't everything in regards to the largest dinosaur based on fragmentary remains and estimates? And therefore impossible to say anything with any real certainty?

Patagotitan or Argetinosaurus - only one accurate version of one of them in the game would make me happy! :D

But one thing is clear: the HIGHEST Dinosaur of all time is Sauroposeidon ;)

Top Bottom