Finally did it - made it to Beagle Point

Been meaning to go there at some point, and as my PS4 account is primarily exploration it made sense, except I keep getting caught up on the roof of the Galaxy (in as much as I love it there and find it hard to move on).

Finally meandered my way over to the rough location of where I remembered you can cross to the outer spiral arm (my jump range is 42ly - not the jumpiest of 'Condas :) ) and made it across. That left me just a smidge under 19,000Ly from Beagle.

I did it on New Year's Day. 19,000Ly, 600 jumps. Took me about 12hrs (with occasional real-life breaks) but I finally got there!

ENN1ZNtXUAEdb7u.jpg

(couldn't target Sol as I don't have the permit).

I had an extremely large whisky at the end of it - probably my longest single jonk. Fun, in a "I can no longer feel my buttocks" sort of way.

it is long trip i made it it there in my asp but lost it on the way back no shields bad landing lol well done cmdr if you got back
I'm still parked there, but I'll be in no hurry to set any speed records on the return to either Explorer's Anchorage or Colonia...haven't decided yet. I can repair my modules and the trivial hull damage, and the Power Plant is still at about 97% so it's all good.

Still haven't made it there on either of my accounts. Every time I start heading that way, I get sidetracked. Recently, was heading by way of Sag A, stopped at the station there to refurbish then on the way got sidetracked by all the Wolf Rayets and have been here ever since scoping out all the Wolf Rayets I can find. Have well over a hundred now and still have another 90 or so book marked.

Oh - just as an FYI, I didn't need Jumponium at all.

I went to Sgr A* and decided from there to go to Beagle Point. Of course, if I'm going to BP, I might as well hit Oevasy SG-Y d0, right? That's when I learned about Jumponium.... and that I didn't have any mats for synthesis. LOL

So, I headed for Colonia and am working on engineering my DBX for the Perseus Reach Expedition. We'll hit Oevasy SG-Y d0 as part of that. I'm fuel ratting for that expedition.

Still haven't made it there on either of my accounts. Every time I start heading that way, I get sidetracked. Recently, was heading by way of Sag A, stopped at the station there to refurbish then on the way got sidetracked by all the Wolf Rayets and have been here ever since scoping out all the Wolf Rayets I can find. Have well over a hundred now and still have another 90 or so book marked.

Man, I looked for WRs all over the place when I was near Sgr A* and XA and couldn't find a single one!!! #SuperJealous

Congrats CMDR! I'm heading up that way myself, but still a while off. I decided to take a circuitous route from SAG A* heading up the border of Rykers Hope before making a detour through Izanami and out over the Outer Orion Perseus Conflux. Currently half way across the Conduit, but I'll be turning towards Beagle once I hit the last region and follow the rim around from there. Only taken me 200 jumps from the center to get here so far. Be a while before I'm back in the bubble though...

Been meaning to go there at some point, and as my PS4 account is primarily exploration it made sense, except I keep getting caught up on the roof of the Galaxy (in as much as I love it there and find it hard to move on).

Finally meandered my way over to the rough location of where I remembered you can cross to the outer spiral arm (my jump range is 42ly - not the jumpiest of 'Condas :) ) and made it across. That left me just a smidge under 19,000Ly from Beagle.

I did it on New Year's Day. 19,000Ly, 600 jumps. Took me about 12hrs (with occasional real-life breaks) but I finally got there!

View attachment 157516

(couldn't target Sol as I don't have the permit).

I had an extremely large whisky at the end of it - probably my longest single jonk. Fun, in a "I can no longer feel my buttocks" sort of way.

I was going to rep this anyway because I also jumped to Beagle Point and then on to Semotus Beacon, which is as far as any of us can go for now, on New Year's Day. My last leg was only about 7,500LY though and my conda is a bit more jumpy than yours (around 75LY).

What sealed the rep though was the fact you travelled over 65K LY but haven't yet bothered unlocking access to the cradle of humanity :D

I was going to rep this anyway because I also jumped to Beagle Point and then on to Semotus Beacon, which is as far as any of us can go for now, on New Year's Day. My last leg was only about 7,500LY though and my conda is a bit more jumpy than yours (around 75LY).

What sealed the rep though was the fact you travelled over 65K LY but haven't yet bothered unlocking access to the cradle of humanity :D
{laugh!}

Silly With Words.jpg

Congrats CMDR! I'm heading up that way myself, but still a while off. I decided to take a circuitous route from SAG A* heading up the border of Rykers Hope before making a detour through Izanami and out over the Outer Orion Perseus Conflux. Currently half way across the Conduit, but I'll be turning towards Beagle once I hit the last region and follow the rim around from there. Only taken me 200 jumps from the center to get here so far. Be a while before I'm back in the bubble though...

I'm going to be heading back in to the core again, but this time I'm going to dive down to the basement area. May have to divert via Semotus Beacon before I get too far though. It's tempting and I think I have the mats. Got enough for 30 Grade 3's at least.

Top Bottom