ANNOUNCEMENT Happy Holidays! Thanks for a great 3305

Happy Christmas to you all!

I have to ask - what does the 'Guardian excavation hub' bit refer to? I've been to the sites, got the Guardian tech unlocked, but I've not seen any excavation. Am I missing, or misinterpreting something?
That's referring to the new stations and megaship ferry associated with the Bridging the Gap Initiative. In-universe, the reason that system was colonized was to be a base of operations for collection and exploitation of relic Guardian technology. "Excavation" is sort of an odd way to describe what's going on, but I suppose it does count as xeno-archaeology.

Terra6790

Banned

Greetings Commanders,

As we approach the end of 3305, we wanted to take a moment to thank each and every Commander who has joined us in our own slice of the Milky Way this last year!

This was a year of celebrations for the studio as we celebrated 35 years of Elite (1984), 25 years of Frontier Developments and our recent 5th year anniversary. These celebrations could not have happened without you, our community, passionately supporting us over the years, and as a special thank you, we are also running a competition with the chance to win an Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming PC!

Throughout this year, we've paved the way for new cadets to earn their wings with the introduction of the April and September updates, bringing in the New Starter Experience, Supercruise Assist and Advanced Docking modules as well as a number of quality of life changes and improvements. In preparation for next year's January Update, you joined us for the open beta and aided in the development of Elite Dangerous by and jumping into the beta, reporting issues and bugs and sharing amazing feedback!

3305 also saw the arrival of the Interstellar Initiatives; Bridging the Gap, The Enclave, The Scourge, and our most recent, The Golconda. With your very actions, you helped shape permanent changes to the galaxy, from the creation of a Guardian-excavation hub to the colonisation of the Witch Head Nebula; the introduction of new rare goods and BGS states, as well as shaping the future of a forgotten people found adrift among the stars.

While we'll be celebrating the holidays with loved ones in our home stations, don't hesitate to share your messages and get in touch with us through all the usual channels!

We are looking forward to the year 3306, with the introduction of the long-awaited Fleet Carriers and more details about what's in store for the future of Elite Dangerous! Join us for our first Let's Play livestream on the 6 January at 12:00 (UTC) on YouTube, Twitch and Mixer. We'll see you there!

The Elite Dangerous team
great year? great shame is on frontier and people like me are just waiting to see how you will adress our 'reports' and fix what needs fixing! as for you therapy session i mean livestreams lol i think ill just pass!

Terra6790

Banned
Lucky for some. Empire Day isn't until 2nd January but everyone leaves ordering their Imperial Slaves to the couple of weeks before hand. I've already got enough recyclable paperwork piled up to supply the Fed savages we've occupied with loo roll for years as they don't know how to use the three sea shells.

Have a very Merry Christmas and If you need any manual labour for any parties just give Lagerkvist Gateway's market a call & mention you know me. They'll give you a cracking deal.

o7
CMDR Justinian Octavius

perfect example of the worst type of person right here! and if federals are savage then you imperial slaver scum must give contradiction and barbaric a new meaning!

Unless FD are swapping gears, lunchtime streams are low key things. Thursdays are when FD announce things. I could and hope to be wrong!
Yup :D

Either they announce nothing on Monday - and we enjoy those confused about grammar losing their minds, or they announce something - and we have an announcement! Cannot lose.

The 6th is a lets play livestream, so they won't be doing any huge reveals or anything. Most likely we'll just get an announcement of another future announcement in typical Frontier Style, kicking the can further down that road and making us wait a bit longer to learn anything interesting.

I could be wrong of course. It would be very nice if I was.

Yup :D

Either they announce nothing on Monday - and we enjoy those confused about grammar losing their minds, or they announce something - and we have an announcement! Cannot lose.

Oh, nice. those. are you ordinary forum trolls? not well, I certainly guessed about it, but, thanks for such an explicit confirmation :giggle:

The 6th is a lets play livestream, so they won't be doing any huge reveals or anything. Most likely we'll just get an announcement of another future announcement in typical Frontier Style, kicking the can further down that road and making us wait a bit longer to learn anything interesting.

I could be wrong of course. It would be very nice if I was.

or maybe on the 6th, they will announce an event at which an event will be announced at which maybe something will be told about fleet carriers and the new era. 😂😂😂

Do some people really think there will be a big announcement tomorrow?

Tomorrow will be the first day back in the office after two weeks of vacation. There's no time to prepare the announcement.

Tomorrow will be the first day back in the office after two weeks of vacation. There's no time to prepare the announcement.
They may have scripted the announcement in December... Or as the wording in the OP is open to interpretation may have just been looking forward to that which is to come... At least we'll know tomorrow :)

They may have scripted the announcement in December... Or as the wording in the OP is open to interpretation may have just been looking forward to that which is to come... At least we'll know tomorrow :)

But then Frontier would have to be able to know what the state of the game would be in a month's time. :p

Jokes aside, I agree that they are just as much looking forward to the beefy 2020 updates as we are. That's what they meant. In the meantime, the Monday stream will still be the same as always and feature a let's play. Maybe some bounty hunting or ship outfitting. The only unusual thing will be that they'll probably mention that another Earth year has passed.

I think poor old Stephen and Will are going to regret that ambiguity come tomorrow.

Stephens going to switch on his work PC and go
1578256851733.png

I'll probably watch the stream on catch-up as it goes live at dog-walkies time, at least I'll have the fast-forward button available ;)

I'll probably watch the stream on catch-up as it goes live at dog-walkies time, at least I'll have the fast-forward button available ;)

Maybe the months and months (well...years) of being garrisoned on Powerplay hill has taken its toll, but the lunchtime livestreams are kind of fun- its like a mix of watching GemsTV and teaching your parents how to use a mobile phone.

Maybe the months and months (well...years) of being garrisoned on Powerplay hill has taken its toll, but the lunchtime livestreams are kind of fun- its like a mix of watching GemsTV and teaching your parents how to use a mobile phone.
Or in my geriatric case, teaching my wife...

As an aside, I think your PP ideas in the forum make a great deal of sense, maybe one day Frontier will read them through and think ".... yes!" :)

hmm ... usually, if they are not going to announce anything, someone from the community managers team appears and says "no, we will not announce anything"
which is remarkable, despite the fact that 16 days have passed since the posting of the message, and all this time the same Stephen regularly appeared online on the forum. and almost certainly went into this topic too, and if not, I doubt that he would not have noticed a personal appeal.
and yet, no reply with explanations has been received.

Top Bottom