Discussion How to deal with cached data and other popular bugs?

I'm working on a third party tool and it would be much easier if I had access to the following information:
  • how to deal with cached data? I mean, when data sent through EDDN is not fresh, from Frontier server, but cached on the player's machine? How does caching work? There is no info about that in journal nor EDDN documentation. Any advices on recognising cached data without complicated logic?
  • list of known bugs. While scanning through forums I've noticed there are some bugs present which should be handled by third party tool - for example, I've seen someone mentioning Faction info is sometimes blank in MissionComplete event. Is there some issue tracker/list which developer might look up to brace its tool for such cases?

To be honest it would be nice to have some Elite Dangerous 3rd party developers wiki. I'm sure most of these problem have already been dealt with by someone. Is there any such resource?

Thanks in advance. o7

I'm working on a third party tool and it would be much easier if I had access to the following information:
  • how to deal with cached data? I mean, when data sent through EDDN is not fresh, from Frontier server, but cached on the player's machine? How does caching work? There is no info about that in journal nor EDDN documentation. Any advices on recognising cached data without complicated logic?
  • list of known bugs. While scanning through forums I've noticed there are some bugs present which should be handled by third party tool - for example, I've seen someone mentioning Faction info is sometimes blank in MissionComplete event. Is there some issue tracker/list which developer might look up to brace its tool for such cases?

To be honest it would be nice to have some Elite Dangerous 3rd party developers wiki. I'm sure most of these problem have already been dealt with by someone. Is there any such resource?

Thanks in advance. o7
I’m not sure I follow you to be honest.
Can you be more specific with your actual issue? Perhaps describe what is wrong with the data you have and can’t be updated from the journal.

As for the wiki, perhaps you could start one off and if it’s of interest people may want to get involved.

Top Bottom