Framerate Drop

stabbing in the dark it could be strain on servers from the update ie if the gpu hasn't had the packets of data come through what does it do?
is it the same in solo?

I'm seeing occasional bad stutter/lag issues when coming in to the destination star from system jumps. Wasn't there before in 600+ hours of playing since Dec 2nd.

edit> solo

Last edited:
I have the same issue here, until today I played perfectly on ultra, with 60 fps locked no issues at all.
After the update I get a ton lot of stutter when fps drops to 50 .
This is on solo mode.

I5 2500K, VEGA 64, SSD

See Paige's Patch Update post... the January patch broke the entry into systems that you haven't previously visited, that have landable scenarios.
FDev are releasing yet another patch tommorrow 15/01/20 to fix the stutter (for PC).... patch to follow in a week for consoles.

o7

See Paige's Patch Update post... the January patch broke the entry into systems that you haven't previously visited, that have landable scenarios.
FDev are releasing yet another patch tommorrow 15/01/20 to fix the stutter (for PC).... patch to follow in a week for consoles.

o7

Cool, but it's not just systems that haven't been previously visited. Today, I haven't visited any new systems... all old systems

I'm seeing occasional bad stutter/lag issues when coming in to the destination star from system jumps. Wasn't there before in 600+ hours of playing since Dec 2nd.

edit> solo

same here...stuttering 3 or 5 times when entering systems. Are you doing assassination missions by any chance? I thought that maybe NPC generation related to those missions might be causing this stuttering upon entering system? not that i have tested jumping to systems without missions. i thought i'd mention this just in case.

I have the same issue here, until today I played perfectly on ultra, with 60 fps locked no issues at all.
After the update I get a ton lot of stutter when fps drops to 50 .
This is on solo mode.

I5 2500K, VEGA 64, SSD

I`m on VR, so it was going from 90 to 70ish with some stutter,
Until I put the game in full-screen mode.

This cured the stutter and kept the fps in 90`s for the time being.
Played for about 5hr tonight.🍻

280hours of game time. NEVER had any stuttering issues. As of yesterday, getting stuttering and FPS drops. It never goes below 60fps all high settings.

I have well over 300 hours in the game with no issues, but have been getting stuttering since the update that added ARX. flying around any instance that has planet rings, non-dockable stations or megaships, or planet surfaces,I get a periodic stutter. I also get FPS drops when dropping into any instance, and when going into hyperjump.

I have a 1070 Ti and 8600K, so its not like I should need to turn settings down for this game.

I have been having stuttering like this, in RES areas during shooting pirates. When I turn the ship fast it stutters and lags.

Ryzen Threadripper 1950X (in game-mode)
RX 5700

Top Bottom