ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Patch 1 Announcement

I agree - looks fine, a system name was searched & the map took you there, but the previously SELECTED system was still selected, until you deliberately select the newly searched system. That's how you search the map without losing system lock. Would be a real pain if searched systems were automatically selected.
OMG. The real pain is a current state.
Please take a look how it worked before it was broken. Timestamp 0:57
Edit: I incorrectly said "selected", it is rather "focused"

Last edited:
I hear you, but I think this is more of a matter of how one chooses to use the map. For me, the current setup is better than the old way - I get it's not a change that suits everyone (unlike fixing the stutter!) - but for me, for example, see it is a more logical and useful setup, not an error.
Either way, there are certainly bigger issues right now...

A PC patch to fix an annoying bug is nothing but normal, frontier did it numerous times before.

Again, while it hinders aiming rail guns, it's still not "broken". It's a bug, it's super annoying, sure. It's not breaking the game. You can do other things while waiting for the patch if you're on console, cause again the game is working. Not broken.

But maybe in english you use broken for things that aren't broken, it's not my native language so maybe it's just a use I don't know :p
All in all the game is still playable and enjoyable.

A few of us ran a some tests today. We saw the market prices changing by the minute which can be interesting to try and keep track of.

We did however find what we feel is a problem.

Test No. 1

Two ships loaded full of Painite land at the same location, at the same time. My cargo hold is at 256 (Anaconda) Wing ship had a cargo hold of 509 (Cutter). We checked the commodities market at the exact same time, my price on screen (Anaconda) at Ross 71 System - Hopkins terminal shows 931,370 CR , The Cutters price is 628,541 CR over a 300,000 CR difference between the two of us. The demand at the station is 1,190 units and we combined had less than this. To me that feels broken. This does not appear to be market demand driven price but a cargo size issue.

The Anacondas cargo gets sold and is set to zero.

Test. No. 2 - We both exit the station, transfer 102 Painite from the Cutter to the Anaconda and re-enter the station.
The Cutters Price on 389 Painite goes up 731,501 CR and the 102 Panite in the Anacondas hold is 931,370 CR. The same demand at 1,190

Test No. 3 - Once again, exit the station and perform the same procedure. Cutter is now 269 Painite - Anaconda at 210 Painite
Cutters Price is now gone up to : 842,460 CR at the same time the Anacondas price is at 895,049 CR Demand at 1,190

Test No. 4 - Make both ships carry the same amount of 210 Painite - Cutters price: 842,460 CR Anacondas Price : 895,049

Clearly the smaller cargo amounts are generating higher values. This needs to be looked into unless of course, this is being done by design.
Also note the Cutters 53,000 CR less per Ton in Test No.4 at the exact same.

Kerrygan

:eek::eek::eek:

A few of us ran a some tests today. We saw the market prices changing by the minute which can be interesting to try and keep track of.

Test No. 1

Two ships loaded full of Painite land at the same location, at the same time. My cargo hold is at 256 (Anaconda) Wing ship had a cargo hold of 509 (Cutter). We checked the commodities market at the exact same time, my price on screen (Anaconda) at Ross 71 System - Hopkins terminal shows 931,370 CR , The Cutters price is 628,541 CR over a 300,000 CR difference between the two of us. The demand at the station is 1,190 units and we combined had less than this. To me that feels broken. This does not appear to be market demand driven price but a cargo size issue.

Test. No. 2 - We both exit the station, transfer 102 Painite from the Cutter to the Anaconda and re-enter the station.
The Cutters Price on 389 Painite goes up 731,501 CR and the 102 Panite in the Anacondas hold is 931,370 CR. The same demand at 1,190

Test No. 3 - Once again, exit the station and perform the same procedure. Cutter is now 269 Painite - Anaconda at 210 Painite
Cutters Price is now gone up to : 842,460 CR at the same time the Anacondas price is at 895,049 CR Demand at 1,190

Test No. 4 - Make both ships carry the same amount of 210 Painite - Cutters price: 842,460 CR Anacondas Price : 895,049

Clearly the smaller cargo amounts are generating higher values. This needs to be looked into unless of course, this is being done by design.

Kerrygan

I'd simply like to applaud you for such a fantastic post:

1. You guys actually did some real testing
2. You presented it in a straight-forward way
3. You presented it in a professional way
4. You did not bring emotions into it

In my mind, this is how the forums should work when players experience an issue. Rather than just endlessly whinge about a problem, we should (gasp!) work with the developers to improve the game.

Of course, some will respond to this with "But it's their job! Not ours! They have testers!". It's a matter of scale. They have a couple dozen people testing the game in-house. Then, they release the beta and they have a couple hundred people consistently testing it and providing constructive feedback. They release it and have tens of thousands of people playing it.

Anyway, kudos to you and your mates.

o7

Excellent bit of testing! If I was to guess, it would almost seem that the market is reacting to your intent to sell X amount before you actually sell it. Cart before the horse. Pure conjecture but it seems to behave like it's anticipating a glut in the market before it happens.
Looks like a bug to me as well, no market should ever 'guess' on an action you haven't done yet.

Last edited:
so ..like gas prices. has nothing to do with demand or supply...but merely guessing at what the demand and supply is going to be in the near future.

Sounds ok to me. What's broken is that it's a place paying 10+x market value for something that is in huge supply (and nearby even). That makes no sense and is a bug.

Well I see we have the usual 'expert' bedroom developers slagging Fdev off. Guys we run ED on a wide assortment of hardware over a bunch of variable network connections. I have a home built system connecting over mobile broadband and I had the stuttering bug which was very quickly fixed and this on a game I bought 5 years ago that has expanded massively for no cost (apart from horizons). Personally I am very happy with my purchase and I think some of you need to mellow out a bit.

Well I see we have the usual 'expert' bedroom developers slagging Fdev off. Guys we run ED on a wide assortment of hardware over a bunch of variable network connections. I have a home built system connecting over mobile broadband and I had the stuttering bug which was very quickly fixed and this on a game I bought 5 years ago that has expanded massively for no cost (apart from horizons). Personally I am very happy with my purchase and I think some of you need to mellow out a bit.

Somebody talking sense on the forums, we're gonna have to shoot that down right away!

I'm on PC, windows 10 64bit and experiencing stutter and frame drops consistently everywhere I go despite my beefy rig. I'm new to Elite and have been playing for about a month and this has been an ongoing issue that does seem to have gotten worse since the patch. I am just sharing because it seems like some issues were addressed about planet side stuff but for me as of the 16th I can simply float in space and slowly rotate and stutter continuously regardless of the background complexity. Thanks.

I'm on PC, windows 10 64bit and experiencing stutter and frame drops consistently everywhere I go despite my beefy rig. I'm new to Elite and have been playing for about a month and this has been an ongoing issue that does seem to have gotten worse since the patch. I am just sharing because it seems like some issues were addressed about planet side stuff but for me as of the 16th I can simply float in space and slowly rotate and stutter continuously regardless of the background complexity. Thanks.

What are your system specs, I don't get any of that.

i7 8750h, RTX 2060m, 32 GB 2666 DDR4 ram. Everything's updated, none of the in game settings or nvidia control panel settings make a difference and Elite is the only game that I have issues on. I've tried all kinds of suggestions on older posts about CPU core unparking and task manager high priority forcing but nothing has worked. Here is a recording of what I'm experiencing on my 144hz monitor:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XW_ygU5GlM

I also tried this at 2 separate internet connections (2nd being much faster than my home connection) and I still experience the same thing. Someone suggested that it might be a network issue and I hadn't tested for that till now.

Last edited:
i7 8750h, RTX 2060m, 32 GB 2666 DDR4 ram. Everything's updated, none of the in game settings or nvidia control panel settings make a difference and Elite is the only game that I have issues on. I've tried all kinds of suggestions on older posts about CPU core unparking and task manager high priority forcing but nothing has worked. I was thinking of making a recording and submitting a ticket when I came across this video that demonstrates exactly what I experience (no VR for me on 144hz monitor):

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYcshC2O8gY

My stutters are more subtle for the most part but do include large drops like shown in the video and are frequent while my FPS stay stable above 120. The video was also recorded after the April patch last year so I wasn't sure if this was some post patch stuff or an issue that is still lingering or if my case is unique.
You aren't the only one still experiencing this on PC after the update and patch.
There is an open ticket you can contribute to https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/11974

Thanks everybody for testing all these Betas for us. I look forward to trying out the January update when the official release goes live.

When you run a Beta to test new features and fixes, once those features and fixes have been reported and fixed, You run ANOTHER BETA to test the fixes you just added. Then you run ANOTHER BETA because we will have found bugs with your fixes. After the third Beta you release the product.

As you found, one Beta is not sufficient.

In fact, you should be running Beta Tests quite often, since apparently your Validation Team is too small to validate all of your changes. I HOPE you have a Validation Team and don't expect your developers to validate their own fixes.

Last edited:

Test No. 1

Kerrygan
Federation bias, clearly a case of partisan politics! Slaveholders always get the short end of the stick. I am fine with that.
;)

January update for Xbox failed still have stuttering issues . Also can't log it on bug tracker as it won't let me input the details ?? Stuttering is more noticeable when near a star or station . Happening all the time .

Top Bottom