Thargoid caustic damage

Bring decontamination limpets, as they will let you get rid of the caustic effect without losing your shields in the process, which overheating while using Silent Running will do. And as Jmanis suggested, it's a good idea to bring extra hull reinforcement modules as well.

Is there any way of avoiding or minimising caustic damage when engaging Thargoid scouts?
You can outrun them with pure speed.
You can sort-of prevent them from being fired in the first place by killing Inciter variants first, before they trigger the others to launch them.
I fought in a bugged CZ yesterday that had scouts only and didn't get even a single missile fired at me this way.

I fought in a bugged CZ yesterday that had scouts only and didn't get even a single missile fired at me this way.
Ah, good to know they are still around - I was trying to trigger one yesterday but failed - I was hoping was because my T-10 is just too slow (y)

I haven't figured out how to stop the missiles but you can try and keep out of the toxic cloud after you smoke a scout. I have 4 decon limpets and that's generally been enough for multiple encounters. As long as I don't get missiled usually no caustic damage at all after a battle. I did have the mats to synth some new ones without having to go back to a station so that helps too. Just for fun I tried the silent running to burn off the caustic material (after the battle) and it didn't seem too cook me too much. I do have the guardian reinforcement module which may be helping.

When hit with caustic goo from Thargoid SCOUT ships:
(1) Engage Silent Running.
(2) Keep fighting (firing weapons) or boost to increase heat to around 175-200% and "cook off" the caustic goo until you receive the "caustic damage removed" message.
(3) Disengage Silent Running and use either heat-sinks (or beam lasers with thermal vent) to cool the ship.
(4) Carry on.

Last edited:
Uh, Has anyone mentioned: AVOID THE DEATH CLOUD! ?

Seriously,
When those Thargies pop they spray nasty goop everywhere, and you don't want to get it on your paintwork.
I'm a habitual rammer, because that's how my Krait is tanked, but my AX Chieftan - I've had to learn to uh -

When Thargoid hull close to 0%:
Pips to engines. FA ON. Keep firing.
Wait for it, wait for it. 0%
TURN AND BOOST RUN RUN RUN

Just recognising and preparing to avoid the DEATH CLOUD has extended my life expectancy in AX CZs.

Uh, Has anyone mentioned: AVOID THE DEATH CLOUD! ?

Seriously,
When those Thargies pop they spray nasty goop everywhere, and you don't want to get it on your paintwork.
I'm a habitual rammer, because that's how my Krait is tanked, but my AX Chieftan - I've had to learn to uh -

When Thargoid hull close to 0%:
Pips to engines. FA ON. Keep firing.
Wait for it, wait for it. 0%
TURN AND BOOST RUN RUN RUN

Just recognising and preparing to avoid the DEATH CLOUD has extended my life expectancy in AX CZs.
Isn't the problem more the caustic missiles, rather than the death cloud though?

Also... just realised something. DOLPHIN'S TOTALLY BEEN NERFED AGAINST THARGOIDS!

I mean c'mon... if it gets corrosive damage, you can't overheat it anymore! Quick, someone write an open letter!

Top Bottom