Vengance of the DBX!!

Source: https://youtu.be/5x3IzYdGxTc

I can't tell you the number of times I've lost valuable cargo to these darn Interceptors that keep hyperdicting me...especially the dreaded Hydra. If you only knew the number of Thargoid Probes I've lost to them while flying my trusty DBX.

So I decided pump some iron and get back at these s. I went all the way out to WHN and found me a nice, unsuspecting Hydra Interceptor...and I made it my .

The original fight lasted 1 hour and 24 minutes, but I edited the video down for your viewing pleasure.

The challenging part of using a DBX is its slow acceleration speed, which can make it difficult to orbit the goid.

Build: https://is.gd/Tlb02r

Wow. I was thinking a while back that the DBS might be good for a cold AX build, but I didn't think the explorer would have the speed to do it.
Then again my DBX is an explorer build with undersized engines so it's not the fastest.

Wow. I was thinking a while back that the DBS might be good for a cold AX build, but I didn't think the explorer would have the speed to do it.
Then again my DBX is an explorer build with undersized engines so it's not the fastest.

Yeah, the DBX's speed was the biggest drawback and what made the fight so challenging. It takes a long time to build distance from the goid due to its lack of acceleration. But at the end of the day, the thrusters were strong enough to allow for fairly good orbiting.

I think the DBS can get it done, but there's very little room for error. I think a Viper mk3 might have a better chance.

Weapon focused, shiedless... Perhaps.
I'm fairly sure that all weapon focused does vs charge enhanced is increase the energy pool which will only give a few more shots, the recharge is roughly equivalent for both mods, unless there's something I'm missing?
As you say shieldless would be the way.

Is there any data on how fast a Hydra regens?
If I've got my maths right a DBS could output 30.4 dps with premium ammo, but I've no idea if that would be enough. Would be good to know when I get back into the AX groove.
(Hydra vanished from the Pleiades just at the point I was ready to get some proper test data, then I stopped playing for a bit and am now very out of practice.)

I'm fairly sure that all weapon focused does vs charge enhanced is increase the energy pool which will only give a few more shots, the recharge is roughly equivalent for both mods, unless there's something I'm missing?
As you say shieldless would be the way.

Is there any data on how fast a Hydra regens?
If I've got my maths right a DBS could output 30.4 dps with premium ammo, but I've no idea if that would be enough. Would be good to know when I get back into the AX groove.
(Hydra vanished from the Pleiades just at the point I was ready to get some proper test data, then I stopped playing for a bit and am now very out of practice.)
More charge left in wep cap = gauss heat up the ship less than they would if only a bit of charge is left. So having lots of wep definetly helps with staying cool.

Can a class 3 distributer put out enough damage to deal with a hydra?

I think the answer to that is yes. I'm gonna do it one of these days with an iCourier or a Viper mk3.

DBS can get pretty tanky and still keep its speed, I've got 3k hull on mine, but that's without limpets. Can't fault the hardpoint placement though.

Once you put in limpets and MRPs (which are a must), your total hull goes way down, hence the lack of room for error.

Last edited:
Top Bottom