Shinrarta Hacker

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So... is this an embarrassment that FDEV don't want highlighted?
No, they obiously want to protect the poor CMDRs rights and prevent a witch hunt, see above :eek:
I'm pretty sure that guy had that invincible trainer installed by gankers, and put the immortality slider to full by accident.

You meet someone you think is cheating in game, stick 'em on your block list, report 'em to FDev, leave the instance, carry on with your life.

No llama's need be dramatised.
I would love to have other hackers/cheaters named and shamed so I don't have to have the risk of having them in my session, so I can preemptively block them while they have yet to be banned in the meantime.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
If the video title does not contain the hacker name, does that pass the N&S firewall?

Not according the the ToS set by FD.

It's as mentioned above better to report the player to FD who will investigate, then if you want block the other player and move on.

FD have the tools to look into the incident and act accordingly if warranted.

Best to just block and enjoy the game without that particulae player able to interact with you.

i'll expect fdev to get on top of banning players that hack right after they get on top of fixing the lopsided credit windfalls that popup almost weekly and let players make hundreds of millions of credits in an hour doing basically nothing.

They're totally fine with just letting both exist...they dont make their money on monthly subscriptions so it makes no difference to them.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
The last time I even typed the word "hack", I was banned from the forum for a year (okay, I did slightly more than that, but not much). Frontier is a bit bipolar on this topic IMO.

Really?

After much pleading, begging, and sobbing, I got a pardon from the man himself. I had posted an article that proved consoles can't be hacked like PCs. Unbeknownst to me, that article was on a website that offered tips on how to hack PCs (I found the article through Google), which I guess is a huge no-no.

Moral of the story is, I won't be posting links to anything that even smells of the word "hack" in the future!

Players like OP mentioned don't deserve dignity. Period

careful. when you strip someone's dignity it's actually yours which suffers the most. two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

@frontier, if you are really unable or unwilling to fix this at least put a working policing system in place. that this has to be done by players and even requires video evidence is bad enough, it implies you don't control your own game, but at least react promptly to those reports. seems you learned nothing from the g1-5 exploit you kept under wraps for half a year until it exploded in your face. how many invulnerable t9s blocking jameson's memorial on livestream do you need? have some dignity! 🤡

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom