Shinrarta Hacker

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
After much pleading, begging, and sobbing, I got a pardon from the man himself. I had posted an article that proved consoles can't be hacked like PCs. Unbeknownst to me, that article was on a website that offered tips on how to hack PCs (I found the article through Google), which I guess is a huge no-no.

Moral of the story is, I won't be posting links to anything that even smells of the word "hack" in the future!

Ohhh yeahhh I remember that.... ;)

#notmyfault

that doesn't work if you are already instanced. also, it can prevent you from sharing the instance with other players you might be ok with. besides it's just hiding the problem: you might as well recommend 'play something else and enjoy yourself'.
And when the video shows unmistakable hacking, tanking vs station guns and ATF, at least 5 cmdrs are killed (probably more, I lost count after 5), it stands to reason that other players should be notified of the risk. There's no risk of retaliation in-game vs this hacker. He can't be killed. I can't even name the channel where this video can be found. Crazy.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
And when the video shows unmistakable hacking, tanking vs station guns and ATF, at least 5 cmdrs are killed (probably more, I lost count after 5), it stands to reason that other players should be notified of the risk. There's no risk of retaliation in-game vs this hacker. He can't be killed. I can't even name the channel where this video can be found. Crazy.

Not on the official forums of the developer of said game.

Frontier's house Frontier's rules I'm afraid.

Interesting to read this. I did some casual checking on reddit(?) and other places and I think that between this nonsense (cheating, inability to call them out, etc.) and my experience last night near Jameson, I'm going to close the door permanently on playing in open in this game. It's a joke show.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Note to all - please discuss the topic, not the participants. Failure to comply will result in reply ban(s), warning(s) and/or thread closure.

Interesting to read this. I did some casual checking on reddit(?) and other places and I think that between this nonsense (cheating, inability to call them out, etc.) and my experience last night near Jameson, I'm going to close the door permanently on playing in open in this game. It's a joke show.

fair enough, but keep in mind this is a bit like the flu, it comes and goes. not trying to say it's inevitable, it very much is, and it's also poor behavior, but if you really enjoy open that measure might be a bit too drastic. actually, this happening and being discussed is the best players can do for it being addressed. true, not much hope anymore at this time ...

time for an open letter maybe? they seem to work wonders!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom