Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

I am very rarely now on the forum.. so I might have missed messages somewhere else. I update EDD always to the latest version, currently running 11.2.3.0
Has anybody reported maybe that the right side panel (System Information) stopped updating?
The correct information is sent to Inara (and I bet EDSN, EDDB etc.), but the panel does not reflect the changes after jump..

I am hoping that this is not an isolated issue, because I know that you react very quickly to such problems and the new/patched version will be there shortly

That happened to me in a previous version (can’t remember which one, think an update or reinstall cured it), but this version seems to be working fine for me. If you’re using a VPN that can mess things up, I have NordVPN and EDD won’t work with it for the last 6 or so vpn updates. Have you tried disabling any other running programs to see if there’s any interference. Are you on PC or console?
The devs don’t seem to check this thread as often as they used to; you would be better to raise this issue on the EDD discord channel.

EDD does not know how your internet is configured.. it just opens a connection via standard windows calls and use that. Any problems are outside its realm.

Remember to have the cursor to top button clicked on the history tab - its the big green up arrow. The system info tracks the current cursor position selected in the travel history. If you don't have that clicked on, then a new entry won't update the system info.

Hello I have started using Eddiscovery and I am having an issue getting it to import all my journals to edsm. It seems like it only imported some of them. I assume there is a setting I have to change to fix this but I cant figure out what to do. Any suggestions?

What happens if you click the highlighted button to start a manual upload of unsynced events?

Anmerkung 2020-02-11 145444.JPG

EDD does not know how your internet is configured.. it just opens a connection via standard windows calls and use that. Any problems are outside its realm.

Remember to have the cursor to top button clicked on the history tab - its the big green up arrow. The system info tracks the current cursor position selected in the travel history. If you don't have that clicked on, then a new entry won't update the system info.

I have to apologize.. it was "the big green arrow".. I saw that option before and I wondered why would you not like to have it always on top record..... and then I must have accidentally clicked

Thank you and sorry

Ah, that jogs my memory, same thing happened to me. Easily done. I’d clicked it off accidentally & perhaps my eyesight isn’t as good as it once was but that arrow icon selection state wasn’t very obvious. I remember suggesting a darker shade to indicate the state.

I should make that green arrow change change to red when its unclicked. I'm also going to make it non persistent and always be on when you start the program. its not the first time this has confused and confounded.

The reason why you would unclick it is if your looking at the history lower down and events are coming in, and you don't want the grid to jump.

Thanks for the report.

Last edited:
Had a devil of a job updgrading the latest version. The exe I installed on 7thFeb refused to uninstall, even though I was admin it kept saying I needed admin approval. In the end I had to put the PC into Safe mode to delete it.

Edit: but it eventually installed ok & seems a lot quicker.

Last edited:
To upgrade to a new version - uninstall/reinstall?
When I uninstall through WIndows it says the app and all related information will be uninstalled. I'd rather not have to redownload all of the data from EDSM again.
Apologies if this has been covered somewhere. I searched here and checked out the wiki, nothing jumped out at me in regards to upgrading to a new version. I'm almost certain I had to have overlooked it.

I now use the portable.zip version, so install is just a matter of copying all the files from the zip to overwrite the older files which are in a folder on a second hard drive; however before I moved to the porable version I used to uninstall via the Windows control manager/software uninstall.
Never had a problem till Sunday-think Windows had got its underwear in a twist with the previous install.

Mmm. Last couple of days the update has been starting up much quicker. Today it doesn't seem to want to start at all. The start up little window showing "11.2.5.0 checking databases" has been showing for over 30 mins. Have stopped the task & restarted twice.
???

Ha, spoke too soon. The main window has just opened, but a very long startup (& no data showing yet!)! Maybe the database got corrupted when I shut it down last session??

OK after another end task & restart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom