PVP vs. PVE

I recently attempted to dock at a station "STJEPSEN..." and was attacked by two CMDR's (not NPC's). One blew most of my shield apart and when I out ran him/her and got close to the station the other CMDR rammed me. These were "hollow" square/triangle players as they appear on sensors. I thought there were separate areas for PVP and pilot's doing "player vs. environment" would be free from unprovoked attacks. At least NPC's warn me via comm messages.

I managed to dock at the station and complete my mission by re-entering the game in "SOLO" mode. When I want combat or need it to raise my level I go to a conflict zone or a RES (High) area.

Just saying...
Bizz

Last edited:
I recently attempted to dock at a station "STJEPSEN..." and was attacked by two CMDR's (not NPC's). One blew most of my shield apart and when I out ran him/her and got close to the station the other CMDR rammed me. These were "hollow" square/triangle players as they appear on sensors. I thought there were separate areas for PVP and pilot's doing "player vs. environment" would be free from unprovoked attacks. At least NPC's warn me via comm messages.

I managed to dock at the station and complete my mission by re-entering the game in "SOLO" mode. When I want combat or need it to raise my level I go to a conflict zone or a RES (High) area.

Just saying...
Bizz
I'm impressed you avoided the rebuy screen. Well done and consider it a win. These gankers are usually more brutal. Trust me, by getting away you really fried their bacon.

Just saying...
Bizz

Open is free-for-all deathmatch.

There are no rules, though players may occasionally abide by some from time to time.

If you don't want to to be attacked by them, it's better to choose a mode that supports your preferred playstyle. Solo removes players entirely while, as pointed out above, a Private Group of your own making allows you to curate who you play with.

Also, the power curve for players follows a pretty standard MMO progression, if your ship isn't engineered, you exist only to feed in a protracted fight. A couple HRP's, and remembering to keep 4 pips into your shields will help (but not always guarantee) your survival in such situations, at least until you at least have a comparably upgraded ship.

If you're looking for a mode that is "Large Open World with random player encounters and no chance of those encounters being hostile," this might not be the game for you.

Open is free-for-all deathmatch.

There are no rules, though players may occasionally abide by some from time to time.

If you don't want to to be attacked by them, it's better to choose a mode that supports your preferred playstyle. Solo removes players entirely while, as pointed out above, a Private Group of your own making allows you to curate who you play with.

Also, the power curve for players follows a pretty standard MMO progression, if your ship isn't engineered, you exist only to feed in a protracted fight. A couple HRP's, and remembering to keep 4 pips into your shields will help (but not always guarantee) your survival in such situations, at least until you at least have a comparably upgraded ship.

If you're looking for a mode that is "Large Open World with random player encounters and no chance of those encounters being hostile," this might not be the game for you.
What I do not like most is that if you play in the open world and choose a ship for random encounters (PVP), then you will only play PVP, since in essence these ships are not suitable for anything else.
More or less with a stretch, you can still do BH missions on these ships, but no more. The conclusion follows from these 2 modes are not compatible.

What I do not like most is that if you play in the open world and choose a ship for random encounters (PVP), then you will only play PVP, since in essence these ships are not suitable for anything else.
More or less with a stretch, you can still do BH missions on these ships, but no more. The conclusion follows from these 2 modes are not compatible.
Your average PvP ship is perfectly capable of completing every Assassination, Bounty Hunting, Combat Zone, and Data Courier mission the game throws at you. Many have enough leeway that a small cargo rack would permit them to do most light salvage missions, as well while retaining enough capability in PvP to be a credible threat to other players.

Virtually all ships have the ability to carry shields strong enough to allow them to go about their business and survive an interdiction, though perhaps not win a fight. Certainly, they may not be as hyper-optimized as they could for the task at hand, but there's your trade off of econ-vs-survivability.

I flew for a long time in Shinart and СG and I do not agree with YOU. The only thing more or less is that it is more likely to have time to make a high wake but no more.
This applies not only to ships but weapons and modules installed on ships.

I flew for a long time in Shinart and СG and I do not agree with YOU. The only thing more or less is that it is more likely to have time to make a high wake but no more.
This applies not only to ships but weapons and modules installed on ships.

It's okay, you're entitled to be wrong. You're also entitled to have bad reading comprehension.

I never said you could kill a PvP ship, only that you could escape.

Just saying...
Bizz

Yeah, no safe zones (once you leave the new player area)

I'd prefer consensual PvP, but open is a Galactic wide PvP zone.

It's okay, you're entitled to be wrong. You're also entitled to have bad reading comprehension.

I never said you could kill a PvP ship, only that you could escape.
When you are not attacked by the 4 best gankers armed with torpedoes to remove the shield, missiles to stop the FSD, then there is one instant that you can run in time and no more.
Moreover, all their assemblies are practically useless in PVE missions, which they do not do.
Those. Only 2 options:
either you are a ganker and only play PVP or you play the Elite but always run away (if you have time) from the gankers.

Yes, I can fly on a ship and oppose gankers to not all but some, but on such a ship I will deal only with THIS and nothing more.

When you are not attacked by the 4 best gankers armed with torpedoes to remove the shield, missiles to stop the FSD, then there is one instant that you can run in time and no more.
Moreover, all their assemblies are practically useless in PVE missions, which they do not do.
Those. Only 2 options:
either you are a ganker and only play PVP or you play the Elite but always run away (if you have time) from the gankers.

Yes, I can fly on a ship and oppose gankers to not all but some, but on such a ship I will deal only with THIS and nothing more.

Are you complaining that your highly engineered, specifically fit killing machine can't be used to go and run mining ops?

You drop into a system and don't question the four hollow squares already there... your ship wasn't the problem.
Substitute and what's next? What should be my actions?
(I'm flying to take the completed mission to Shinartu)
What am I supposed to do highway and then hope the next jump I get to another instance?

Last edited:
Are you complaining that your highly engineered, specifically fit killing machine can't be used to go and run mining ops?
vice versa.
(sorry for my English)
I can’t resist a man at my miner who can easily cope with NPCs with pirates.

And I think that I will be right when I pretend that all the top gankers who need money or materials just do IT in solo.

So you want a ship that can do everything at the high end of performance?
Not.
I am for there to be no separation in the game on PVE and PVP.
Is it a PVP session or all such MMOs?
Why are NPC ships so light in battle? Why are people and the NPC (hollow square) separated on the radar?
etc.
Why in a secure secure system when support arrives they can not kill all the gankers?
Is it difficult to track in which mode the player? solo or open? Why not open the NPC in 10 times more complicated?

Last edited:
And yet Distant Gank or beagle point gank happened.It provides a different conclusion.

Top Bottom