Delete the dumb account linking association

This is archaic at best, the buggy account linking will not send out the proper email verification link to play the game I bought in 2016. I does not matter that I have the game in my Steam or that I have the key for the game, ED has to be special and require account linking. There is a chance that the gmail account I used is no longer active, hell I don't even know. Been trying to get some help from the developers from this but can't... so I give up....This might be the only game I have that I request is prema deleted from my Steam....What a poor system, ban me.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is archaic at best, the buggy account linking will not send out the proper email verification link to play the game I bought in 2016. I does not matter that I have the game in my Steam or that I have the key for the game, ED has to be special and require account linking. Welllllll gently caress that. There is a chance that the gmail account I used is no longer active, hell I don't even know.

Every online mp game I have ever played relies on the email address you joined up with to send validation codes to in case of problems. That email address is your primary validation address and security failsafe. If I purchase XP packs for LOTRO I have to confirm my purchase through my email address by clicking a supplied link, this is basic security protocol to stop people stealing your account. You say the buggy account linking won't send out the email verification, but then admit you don't actually have access to that email account so you don't actually know if it is sending out the emails. If someone steals your steam password that is the only thing basically stopping them from stealing everything you have on steam.

Two factor authentication, which this is a form of, is a minimum basic security protocol that every game should be following, you forget your email, or your secret question which is another method, then you are out of luck, you have no supporting evidence you actually own the steam account you are trying to access.

So suck it up, use your new email address and buy a new copy because that's all you can do.

The old way was great.. its heaps worse now. Email is 2 factor authentication without using steam....

Anyone who wants to have multiple accounts now that frontier force steam authentication has to deal with real on their computers now, where before you could just copy the installer.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
The old way was great.. its heaps worse now. Email is 2 factor authentication without using steam....

Anyone who wants to have multiple accounts now that frontier force steam authentication has to deal with real on their computers now, where before you could just copy the installer.

That is news for me, I have 4 accounts, 1 on steam, and I can log into any account on any installation (steam or not) on any computer? Maybe I misunderstood?

That is news for me, I have 4 accounts, 1 on steam, and I can log into any account on any installation (steam or not) on any computer? Maybe I misunderstood?

My 3 accounts on pc were fortunately from before this occurred, but people have confirmed / complained it is as the support faq since.

Haven't experienced it myself, but pretty sure if you have a key or some bit set in your steam account, it doesn't prompt you for a frontier store username and password and uses steam authentication.

I also bought via Steam, I also don't have access to my original E-Mail account that I used for ED. I think the fact that people buy through Steam should be sufficient to play the game.

You can still copy the installer. I have 3 installers and can switch between accounts without logging in or out.

I also bought via Steam, I also don't have access to my original E-Mail account that I used for ED. I think the fact that people buy through Steam should be sufficient to play the game.

It is sufficient to play the game, unless something happens that triggers the account verification process, which could be something as simple as someone trying to access you account via the FDEV store using the wrong password credentials to many times, which then may trigger a verification requirement in case someone is trying to steal your account, which will require a verification link sent to the email account linked to your user name. The email verification processes are there for a reason and there will be certain events that trigger them, and if you no longer have access to that email account you can't get them. This is why it is important in modern games that if you change your email address you log in and update your account details with the new email details right away, preferably before you close the old account down in case there is a verification link sent to that address for the update.

The only other option is to just remove all security checking and risk people losing their accounts to hackers.

You could try contacting Support with your current email address and asking them to change your account email address, a few questions to answer and Bob will be your auntie's live-in lover...

Or you could just come here and have a rant and do nothing at all constructive, you choose :)

It is sufficient to play the game, unless something happens that triggers the account verification process, which could be something as simple as someone trying to access you account via the FDEV store using the wrong password credentials to many times, which then may trigger a verification requirement in case someone is trying to steal your account, which will require a verification link sent to the email account linked to your user name. The email verification processes are there for a reason and there will be certain events that trigger them, and if you no longer have access to that email account you can't get them. This is why it is important in modern games that if you change your email address you log in and update your account details with the new email details right away, preferably before you close the old account down in case there is a verification link sent to that address for the update.

The only other option is to just remove all security checking and risk people losing their accounts to hackers.
Steam already has account verification. There isn't really a need to have a second account to play a game.

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
This is archaic at best, the buggy account linking will not send out the proper email verification link to play the game I bought in 2016. I does not matter that I have the game in my Steam or that I have the key for the game, ED has to be special and require account linking. There is a chance that the gmail account I used is no longer active, hell I don't even know. Been trying to get some help from the developers from this but can't... so I give up....This might be the only game I have that I request is prema deleted from my Steam....What a poor system, ban me.
Hello @AnnoyedAF,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues, would you be able to head to our Customer Support here and create a ticket, so that someone can look into this for you?

Thanks

Top Bottom