Still waiting......

It seems to me that there might be a simpler explanation. It could be much easier to allow solo FCs than Squadron FCs. If you want to limit them to squadrons, then that's a whole new thing you have to put into the server databases. You need to have permissions and stuff for moving the carrier.

That's not necessarily the case of course. It depends totally on what the server database looks like.
Well, as already said in reply to @zimms , there'll have been multiple factors which will have been taken into account in the decisions, it won't just have been a single one. The feedback with regard to having non-squadron FCs, will have been one of those factors, but it's certainly possible (probable might even be a better word :D ) that the stuff you're describing will have been another one of those factors. (y)

and uncaring.
Hi everyone,

We’d like to take a moment to update you all on what’s happening at Frontier with regards to COVID-19, and what you can expect from us in the foreseeable future.

In order to safeguard the health and safety of all Frontier employees, we are implementing a work from home policy across the studio.

Frontier’s games and channels bring joy to the community, and we are all united in our love of these fantastic worlds and the positive impact they produce; this is why we are working hard to avoid any disruption and will do our very best to keep you updated and entertained throughout this challenging time.

Our games will continue to be supported (including online functionality), and at the moment we do not anticipate any major changes to our plans across all titles. However, with the situation changing daily, we will keep you informed and appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to bring the best gaming experiences to our players. Our Communications team will continue to be active across our channels, including forums, Reddit, Discord, and social media; our Customer Support team will continue to offer help and support through our dedicated support channels, and game teams will continue their work on future updates and releases.

As an added precaution, we are restricting work-related travel for the time being, which means we are not attending any events at the current time.

Our hearts and minds are with you and your family; we will continue to monitor the global situation and will adjust our operations as necessary, and keep you posted.
Please stay safe and healthy, and thank you for your ongoing patience and support.

Take care,

The Frontier team 🧡

Ehh....you can post information on a blog while working from home. That's hardly an excuse. It could be hurdle to actually releasing the content itself, but no excuse for not giving information.

Ehh....you can post information on a blog while working from home. That's hardly an excuse. It could be hurdle to actually releasing the content itself, but no excuse for not giving information.
Paige explains FDev's policy here:
I would just ask - then why can't you? You obviously want to I guess. If you can't give any info then why not just say why can't you?
That’s a good question!

While we’d love to tell you everything as we find it out, the reality is that we need to show things when they’re ready, and in the best shape possible. Every single feature, in every single game, goes through multiple iterations, bug tests and redesigns before they’re released to the public. As such, if a company were to release all the information they have, you’d end up with a lot of convoluted and eventually incorrect content.

We know it’s exciting to get a sneak peek at things in development, but as mentioned, things change and when that has to happen, we wouldn’t want to let anyone down. You also have to understand that you can’t just speak about a feature, you have to show it. That requires development time to teach the feature, tech time to set up the build, creative services time to make images and videos and community time to design a release plan and get that information out.

To do all that for information which will change very quickly doesn’t make a lot of sense. So, in order to make sure that what we present to you is as correct as possible, sometimes we have to hold our secrets to our chest and ensure it’s right before we show it off to you all.

TL;DR – Games development is constantly in flux and features constantly change. Showing off information early leads to misinformation and potential disappointment. There’s also a lot more to releasing info than simply putting a post on the internet.

We hope this information helps explain the situation a little!

Paige explains FDev's policy here:
Thanks for digging this up, Stuart. This isn't directed at you, it just so happens your quote sparked my rant.

...we wouldn’t want to let anyone down...

Full Paige quote
While we’d love to tell you everything as we find it out, the reality is that we need to show things when they’re ready, and in the best shape possible. Every single feature, in every single game, goes through multiple iterations, bug tests and redesigns before they’re released to the public. As such, if a company were to release all the information they have, you’d end up with a lot of convoluted and eventually incorrect content.

We know it’s exciting to get a sneak peek at things in development, but as mentioned, things change and when that has to happen, we wouldn’t want to let anyone down. You also have to understand that you can’t just speak about a feature, you have to show it. That requires development time to teach the feature, tech time to set up the build, creative services time to make images and videos and community time to design a release plan and get that information out.

To do all that for information which will change very quickly doesn’t make a lot of sense. So, in order to make sure that what we present to you is as correct as possible, sometimes we have to hold our secrets to our chest and ensure it’s right before we show it off to you all.

TL;DR – Games development is constantly in flux and features constantly change. Showing off information early leads to misinformation and potential disappointment. There’s also a lot more to releasing info than simply putting a post on the internet.

We hope this information helps explain the situation a little!

Oh, the irony... "we wouldn't want to let anyone down"?!?! This is not a dig at Paige, this is a dig at FDev's policy.

This was Paige's post from nearly a year ago. Since that post, FDev has done nothing but let people down with their radio silence, delays, and excuses. I can't imagine how depressing it must be for community managers to spend every day not being able to do what should be a huge part of their job. I just perused Ed Lewis' Twitter account. He seems to be having a blast actually getting to TALK ABOUT HIS GAMES!

And, I know its not the community manager's fault for the lack of communication. It's clear their hands are tied. I'm certain every single one of them would be ecstatic to talk in detail about what's coming down the pipeline and actually get to engage in enjoyable ways with the community about FDev's games. It's a shame FDev corporate policy keeps them on a tight leash locked in a cage in the basement of the studio only to come out when there is a need for a punching bag to announce the next major disappointment from FDev's ivory tower.

Wow! First world problem, a software update for a game is critical...
I'm far more concerned for my wife and family (we are all in the 'wrong' age group) than what may or may not be added to this game, even though I have been looking forward to 'new' stuff coming - somehow that all pales into insignificance at the moment, I can't possibly think why :eek:

Frontier have their staff working from home to protect them as much as is possible, they do not anticipate issues and will update us, the users, if that changes - if it does that is fine by me, it is just a game.

Wow! First world problem, a software update for a game is critical...
I'm far more concerned for my wife and family (we are all in the 'wrong' age group) than what may or may not be added to this game, even though I have been looking forward to 'new' stuff coming - somehow that all pales into insignificance at the moment, I can't possibly think why :eek:

Frontier have their staff working from home to protect them as much as is possible, they do not anticipate issues and will update us, the users, if that changes - if it does that is fine by me, it is just a game.

You're on a forum for a game. Of course we're going to discuss the game here. You're also on this forum talking about this game with everything going on in the world. That is very hypocritical.

I don't think anyone in this thread is asking Fdev to endanger themselves. Nor are we asking community managers to announce stuff without their superior's blessing (I'm addressing other posts in this thread). It's ok for people to not be absolutely 100% happy with the game. I love this game and have put about 2000 hours in, but it isn't immune from criticism and neither are Fdev. We aren't being unreasonable expressing that opinion in a perfectly calm manner. We aren't harassing anyone and frankly I'm tired of the people being so hostile to anyone with the slightest critique of this game or fdev on the forum. Get over yourselves, you're not going to get a pat on the back from Frontier for deflecting criticism for them..

Whereas a developer that charges up to thousands of dollars to purchase spaceships that you can't even fly yet in a video game that hasn't even left alpha after 7 years in development seems very professional and caring, lol
i dont really care how much the games cost, i want to have fun, there has been nothing new to do in elite for years, ive done everything, i have fun playing star citizen, so i play it, if elite becomes more fun to play then ill play that, im just sad that they just leave the playerbase in limbo.

You're on a forum for a game. Of course we're going to discuss the game here. You're also on this forum talking about this game with everything going on in the world. That is very hypocritical.

I don't think anyone in this thread is asking Fdev to endanger themselves. Nor are we asking community managers to announce stuff without their superior's blessing (I'm addressing other posts in this thread). It's ok for people to not be absolutely 100% happy with the game. I love this game and have put about 2000 hours in, but it isn't immune from criticism and neither are Fdev. We aren't being unreasonable expressing that opinion in a perfectly calm manner. We aren't harassing anyone and frankly I'm tired of the people being so hostile to anyone with the slightest critique of this game or fdev on the forum. Get over yourselves, you're not going to get a pat on the back from Frontier for deflecting criticism for them..
Yes, it is a forum for a game, and players (or not) are bleating that they have 'heard nothing' from the developers - despite recent posts to the opposite - as they either can't be bothered to read announcements, or just have an issue with comprehension - then further bleating that a global pandemic might give the developers 'an excuse' not to release this critical content...
As for being hypocritical allowing 'real life' happenings to influence my comments in a game forum... Priceless :ROFLMAO:

Yes, it is a forum for a game, and players (or not) are bleating that they have 'heard nothing' from the developers - despite recent posts to the opposite - as they either can't be bothered to read announcements, or just have an issue with comprehension - then further bleating that a global pandemic might give the developers 'an excuse' not to release this critical content...
As for being hypocritical allowing 'real life' happenings to influence my comments in a game forum... Priceless :ROFLMAO:
You know what ticks me off? People buy the game, pay no subscription fees, maybe upgrade to the latest dlc, again at a fixed price and with no subs, and then have the sheer gall to complain, complain mark you, that there isn't any new info about potentially upcoming content. I just wonder whether Ford or General Motors suffer from this. Or Proctor and Gamble, or, well, you get the picture. I get that people like the game and 'please Sir, I want some more', but how did we ever reach this point of entitlement? This era of 'I want it, I want it NOW, and there is no reasonable reason why I shouldn't get WHAT I want WHEN I want it', whether couched in terms of sweetness and light, or rampant demand is the new norm?

Pah.

If/when something new comes along I'll take it with open arms. If it NEVER happens, I shall still consider myself a satisfied Frontier customer.

i dont really care how much the games cost, i want to have fun, there has been nothing new to do in elite for years, ive done everything, i have fun playing star citizen, so i play it, if elite becomes more fun to play then ill play that, im just sad that they just leave the playerbase in limbo.

I am courious: what did you find funny in SC?
because once in a while I try to play it but I get bored after the first minutes.

You know what ticks me off? People buy the game, pay no subscription fees, maybe upgrade to the latest dlc, again at a fixed price and with no subs, and then have the sheer gall to complain, complain mark you, that there isn't any new info about potentially upcoming content. I just wonder whether Ford or General Motors suffer from this. Or Proctor and Gamble, or, well, you get the picture. I get that people like the game and 'please Sir, I want some more', but how did we ever reach this point of entitlement? This era of 'I want it, I want it NOW, and there is no reasonable reason why I shouldn't get WHAT I want WHEN I want it', whether couched in terms of sweetness and light, or rampant demand is the new norm?

Pah.

If/when something new comes along I'll take it with open arms. If it NEVER happens, I shall still consider myself a satisfied Frontier customer.

It was Fd which promised feature in the kickstart.

It's quite normal, for those who has a brain and like to use it, being a bit… unpleasent for how things went in last 3 (!) years of (almost none) development of Elite...

last 3 (!) years of (almost none) development of Elite...
1ye4QdT.png

Poor form than Cmdr, what.

There is no foul in a simple question, what what.

I am also excited about the possibility of jamming the kite in a mobile hangar.

Tatty bye

It was Fd which promised feature in the kickstart.

It's quite normal, for those who has a brain and like to use it, being a bit… unpleasent for how things went in last 3 (!) years of (almost none) development of Elite...
Really? I'd have thought the exact opposite 🍌

(unpleasant, by the way, I've a bit of a brain...)

Top Bottom