General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I had heard before that the UK has an ongoing youth delinquency serious problem, but never though it was so widespread. I wonder how this happens in such a large scale, in an age where most young europeans go to school all the way to college, and on the other hand there's so much youth delinquency, I wonder what is causing this divide in the UK.
Poverty...class divisions. An age old drama that's been going on in Britain since the Normans kindly invaded and set up their socially divisive class structure. The haves do the educational thing, the have nots and never will haves slash ambulance tyres.

It's a lot more complicated than that of course ;)

Attacks on first responders aren't a new phenomenon as has been mentioned...for some of the spotted yoof in this country it's almost a long standing E-sport and has been going on since the 1970's...I first experienced it during the Fireman's strike in 1977-78 where groups of feral youths would attack us as we were attempting to exinguish the fires they had started...didn't work out too well for them at that time since as soldiers, we had a tad less tolerance and good will than civilian firefighters... as well as riot training derived from the long standing troubles in Norn Iron (Northern Ireland)...we beat the crap out of them with pick handles and left them hog tied and bleeding for the cops to dispose of.

Last edited:
Yeah, correct. Oh, wait, there's also the fact that China never let anyone in to look at the situation in Wuhan, lying to the international community for weeks. Doesn't mean that it was a bio-weapon, but just stop it with this nonsense that we have all (or hardly any) "evidence" on the matter. Conservative estimates are that if the CCP weren't engaging in such a high level cover up for the month directly following the outbreak as much as 95% of the global spread could have been mitigated.

And Ralph, that's not a conspiracy theory. It's a sad, unavoidable fact.

Conservative estimates + as much as 95% of the global spread could have been mitigated = unavoidable fact ???

nah man...

Poverty...class divisions. An age old drama that's been going on in Britain since the Normans kindly invaded and set up their socially divisive class structure. The haves do the educational thing, the have nots and never will haves slash ambulance tyres.

It's a lot more complicated than that of course ;)

Attacks on first responders aren't a new phenomenon as has been mentioned...for some of the spotted yoof in this country it's almost a long standing E-sport and has been going on since the 1970's...I first experienced it during the Fireman's strike in 1977-78 where groups of feral youths would attack us as we were attempting to exinguish the fires they had started...didn't work out too well for them at that time since as soldiers, we had a tad less tolerance and good will than civilian firefighters... as well as riot training derived from the long standing troubles in Norn Iron (Northern Ireland)...we beat the crap out of them with pick handles and left them hog tied and bleeding for the cops to dispose of.

Unfortunately we couldn't get away with that in Fresco. There were a couple of infantry lads who got into serious hot water over dealing with them.

Grumble Bloody touchy feely world.

Conservative estimates + as much as 95% of the global spread could have been mitigated = unavoidable fact ???

nah man...
And here we go riding in to provide cover for the CCP once again. You realize when you do that you become culpable in the lie, too, don't you? If you haven't considered that it might be a good time to do so; The CCP is directly responsible for the vast majority of the suffering going on around the globe. I'm not sure whether you're hitching your wagon to their star or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it's just wokeness, to which I'll just say: political correctness kills.

Therapeutics

On March 28, 2020, FDA issued an EUA to allow hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate products donated to the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) to be distributed and used for certain hospitalized patients with COVID-19. These drugs will be distributed from the SNS to states for doctors to prescribe to adolescent and adult patients hospitalized with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible. The EUA requires that fact sheets that provide important information about using chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate in treating COVID-19 be made available to health care providers and patients, including the known risks and drug interactions. The SNS, managed by ASPR, will work with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to ship donated doses to states.

Unfortunately we couldn't get away with that in Fresco. There were a couple of infantry lads who got into serious hot water over dealing with them.

Grumble Bloody touchy feely world.
Most of our lot were serving the poverty stricken North East of England during the fireman's strike in the midst of the start of government gutting of the mining industry by the Labour government at that time through enforced mine closures that decimated the local working folk (carried on by Thatcher's lot in 1979)...We were in Hartlepool. A few of us from that time had also arrived there fresh from a rather hectic and troubled tour in Norn Iron, I had just arrived back from 8 months in Belize where we were dealing daily with bandit encursions from Guatemala...they used to attack the local Amish folk resident in Belize, steal their stuff including their womenfolk so our negotiations with them were usually settled by us killing enough of their number to persuade them to release their captives and desist from further visitations...

Consequently, we weren't in much of a mood to deal with local feral teens chucking rocks and Molotovs at us as we struggled with 30 year old mothballed civil defence 'Green Godesses', no breathing aperatus or proper equipment and very little fire training to fight those immense and often very dangerous blazes deliberately set by those cretins .

The local constabulary were thankfully very understanding and just swept up the refuse we left behind with nary a word said ;)

The years between '75 and '79, I handled the Dustmens strike, the firemens strike, the tanker drivers strike and the ambulance drivers strike not to mention the massive defence cuts and armed forces wage freezes dished out by a government that seemed intent on decimating the entire working class of the UK... a government elected on their supposed working class roots that repayed that electoral trust through a winter of discontent that our country has never fully recovered from....I'm a lifelong Scots nationalist in case anyone mistakes my political affiliations, service to the Crown not withstanding...I took the Queen's shilling as a debt to family tradition like many of my countrymen before and since.

Perhaps we would have better served the country at that time by taking the pick handles to a few politicians :unsure:

Last edited:
And here we go riding in to provide cover for the CCP once again. You realize when you do that you become culpable in the lie, too, don't you? If you haven't considered that it might be a good time to do so; The CCP is directly responsible for the vast majority of the suffering going on around the globe. I'm not sure whether you're hitching your wagon to their star or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it's just wokeness, to which I'll just say: political correctness kills.

Read this :
Relevant to your question: a key difference between us is that I don't lay blame/point fingers/denigrate leaders/denigrate forum posters/put on airs/promote negativity/criticize the way other people are coping. Yes I have done research, I spend a stupid amount of time looking into this from all angles. I have a poster of Dr. Fauci on my wall. I know as much or probably more than you. I was smart enough to stock up on tp before it was cool. I'm well prepared to deal with this crisis regardless of what form it takes, either worst, best or in the middle. I mean that physically, spiritually and psychologically. My question was rooted in "how do you think you have a better perspective than me if we're all just sifting incomplete data?" whilst yours to me is rooted in "you so dumb!"

Quit trying to divide us man. That's all you've been doing. You preach that we should fight this together, but all you do is denigrate opinions and evaluations that don't align with yours. Even just a minor detail like acting as if I (or American's in general) don't take thousands of people dying seriously is just downright nauseating. The hospitals in New York are full. The morgues in New York are full, They're building big tents with coolers in parking lots to store the dead in New York city. What g part of this don't you think I get?

That is YOU ! Yesterday !!!

Serious man ? Serious ?

Last edited:
Read this :

That is YOU ! Yesterday !!!

Serious man ? Serious ?
That doesn't constitute an answer to my charge; an obvious exception is made for the CCP for obvious reasons; after you guys gang piled me the other day I decided to change my tactics to be more blunt.

This idea that the CCP isn't responsible for how they covered this up in the international community directly leading to the rampaging spread we see now would be laughable if it were not so sickening. Look around you at the devistation and then look at how this was handled where it originated. Anybody who actually thinks that has simply not been watching the news. I know that you and many others thrive and gain strength by pointing fingers...why do you all refuse to point the finger where it actually deserves to be pointed?

Can we kill the conspiracy theories, until we have hard evidence? This is worse than fleet carriers.

I knew it - Vargr's involved.

That doesn't constitute an answer to my charge; an obvious exception is made for the CCP for obvious reasons; after you guys gang piled me the other day I decided to change my tactics to be more blunt.

This idea that the CCP isn't responsible for how they covered this up in the international community directly leading to the rampaging spread we see now would be laughable if it were not so sickening. Look around you at the devistation and then look at how this was handled where it originated. Anybody who actually thinks that has simply not been watching the news. I know that you and many others thrive and gain strength by pointing fingers...why do you all refuse to point the finger where it actually deserves to be pointed?

Keep fighting the good fight against those filthy liberals, Jase😂

DaB5al2.gif

I have used this analogous gif to make the same point previously...but that post was deleted because I did not show sufficient respect to Stigbob! I now realise the error of my ways.

All hail Stigbob The Wise & Witty!

In other news....

I suppose I can now plan my armed forces military coup...now that all the sycophantic and destructive politicians are conveniently hiding in one place ;)

Are we close to a cure?

I remember when the British army gave us all Dequanine in the 70's before deploying to Brunei and Belize...unfortunately the side effects of dequanine turned us all into potential psycopaths with a large store of weapons...changing the drug to another quinine derivative solved the issue of us killing large swathes of the innocent population of those countries of course...but 20% of us over there contracted some form of malaria due to the late change.

I still drink Indian tonic water (with the natural quinine additive still included) to deal with the effects of the malarial parasite....but to be fair, the effects of long term malaria are less troublesome than the side effects of the anti-malarial drugs...plus the tonic water tastes pretty good.

Last edited:
I remember when the British army gave us all Dequanine in the 70's before deploying to Brunei and Belize...unfortunately the side effects of dequanine turned us all into potential psycopaths with a large store of weapons...changing the drug to another quinine derivative solved the issue of us killing large swathes of the innocent population of those countries of course...but 20% of us over there contracted some form of malaria due to the late change.

I still drink Indian tonic water (with the natural quinine additive still included) to deal with the effects of the malarial parasite....but to be fair, the effects of long term malaria are less troublesome than the side effects of the anti-malarial drugs...plus the tonic water tastes pretty good.
Yeah it’s like wanna go bunkers or get the virus? I remember the side effect of the malaria drugs too 🙀🤪

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom