Connection Issues

Anyone else having problems with shipyard and outfitting loading taking forever or not at all?

Network test shows solid 100+ mbps
Nope
Network speed means Zero..
its HOW and WHO your ISP buys access to amazons servers from and how good that third party is at increasing or decreasing capacity due to load and if they even bother..
Its the server hoops from ISP - Third party server to third party server to third party server till you finaly connect to the amazon hosted server that holds Fdev game data the client on the console is accessing...
Amazon provide a quality check for most of there servers but I cant currently remember the URL ..
This shows up trace routes issues from the connections back bones that ISP actualy buy your access from...

Last edited:
Comcast xfinity fwiw
Edit if comcast are using IPv6 better use this url as well.
Try the link and see if any thing comes up as failing and not green tick ..
Other wise its likely local State capacity failures slowing it down...

Websites work fine in browser
Load quickly
So far it seems only to be limited to this game
web sites likely use a completely different third party server paid for access that load balances Http/https/port 80 correctly just like Speed test sites that are white listed and not data capped or packet filtered... But other services are sent via bargin bin third party server that only gets replaced on terminal failure no mtter what load its put under...

Ipv6 all red
realy all red would point to your connection or browser not supporting IPv6 at all..
So you have to fall back to IPv4 server limits...
Cant help more as IPv6 will over rides IPv4 on my router were available...
So looks like IPv4 capacity issues during the crisis may be ineffect

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Anyone else having problems with shipyard and outfitting loading taking forever or not at all?

Hello there,

Thank you for the report!

The team have looked into this particular issue and it appears to be linked with certain internet service providers, rather than the Elite Dangerous servers directly.

If you are experiencing connection issues at this time, we recommend reaching out to your ISP.

Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:
@Will Flanagan
Any way for service providers/ publishers / platform holders to give them a virtual telepresence kick up the back side...
Aka As SIEE or microsoft did to VM when they traffic shaped/bandwidth cap the services again...

There are loads of people with connection issues. Anything to do with the API is grabage. Forever to connect, drops, Mission Retrieval Incomplete, etc.

It would be nice to see Fontier offer a little more guidence on what is happening, since this has persisted for 2 days and is perhaps due to Comcast Xfinity (just a common trait in the growing reddit and ticket reporting). Comcast claims its nothing different on their end, but /shrug.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/g5ebhm Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/g5ebhm/elite_servers_inaccessible_from_xfinity_usa/

Last edited:
UPDATE: I contacted comcast, and they acknowledged an issue and claim that a gateway reboot will resolve this.
"I’ve noticed an issue that may be impacting your internet experience. A gateway reboot should be able to resolve this issue and will take up to 12 minutes to complete. If you have Xfinity Voice, you will not be able to make or receive calls, including emergency 911 calls, until your gateway is back online. Are you ready to start now?"

UPDATE: I contacted comcast, and they acknowledged an issue and claim that a gateway reboot will resolve this.
"I’ve noticed an issue that may be impacting your internet experience. A gateway reboot should be able to resolve this issue and will take up to 12 minutes to complete. If you have Xfinity Voice, you will not be able to make or receive calls, including emergency 911 calls, until your gateway is back online. Are you ready to start now?"
Is that there way of saying it will reconnect you to a less over loaded trace route to account for capacity issues due to down fibre links...

Top Bottom