What other games are we all playing?

Spent these last days divided between Elite, X4, AC: Origins and Project Cars 2, and today I just finished downloading Mechwarrior 5. I have high hopes about this last one. Mainly, that I could be able to spend more time actually playing than grabbing screenshots, as in all the other games mentioned. I totally hate AC photo mode, it makes playing it almost impossible!

20200514224153.jpg

20200514231703.jpg

20200518163717.jpg

20200518001053.jpg

Spent these last days divided between Elite, X4, AC: Origins and Project Cars 2, and today I just finished downloading Mechwarrior 5. I have high hopes about this last one. Mainly, that I could be able to spend more time actually playing than grabbing screenshots, as in all the other games mentioned. I totally hate AC photo mode, it makes playing it almost impossible!

20200514224153.jpg

20200514231703.jpg

20200518163717.jpg

20200518001053.jpg
I'll have to go back and have a play in Origins...kinda forgot all about it after Odyssey released. I loved old Egypt.

gLhN04J.jpg

SyiTRCP.jpg

o3D5eqq.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have to go back and have a play in Origins...kinda forgot all about it after Odyssey released. I loved old Egypt.

Also grabbed the Odissey Virtual Tour from Uplay while they still gave it out for free...Origin's VT is a fantastic thing, can't wait to try Odissey's...I'm probably more interested in actual history than the games one, and they made a great technical and visual work with those recreation.

Bought Origins for the PC in the Steam sale and rage refunded 30 mins after installing.
The control set up was completely borked and wouldn't recognise the mouse and keyboard and was setting my rudder pedals and joystick to the mouse function.
A quick google found it to be a common issue on the PC version and the solution was to unplug all other peripherals and edit an .ini file. At that point I had a paddy like a small child in a supermarket and gave up :)
Shame as it looks like a really good game otherwise and seems to get well reviewed.

First time I launched it I had the hotas, vJoy device and BT Xbox controller all plugged in and active, and the game worked without issues on m+k...it must be one of those things that come down to luck with your setup mostly, but I totally get the frustration.

A bit like me, not being able to play the Halo MCC from the Game Pass anymore because their overwhelmingly crappy app management system (that is, Microsoft Store) isn't able anymore to recognize if I had it installed or not, so it simply decided to show it available for installing, then starting a dummy download ending with a generic error after a few seconds. For ever and ever, even after complete removal of any folder and powershell reinstall and re-registering of the entire store.
At least everything else still works good.

IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad, with all the DLCs. This game is just absolutely brilliant, the best military flight sim ever released.

And completely unrelated, Renowned Explorers - International Society. A true gem, casual friendly yet quite deep in it's rather unusal mechanics.
We’re a group of people, men and women who play every Sunday, tank and planes in historical battles from WW2, it’s great fun.

Spent these last days divided between Elite, X4, AC: Origins and Project Cars 2, and today I just finished downloading Mechwarrior 5. I have high hopes about this last one. Mainly, that I could be able to spend more time actually playing than grabbing screenshots...

...scratch that, turns out MW5 is an Nvidia game and fully supports their Ansel tool, with free camera, filters, 8K+ grabs and all the rest. I'm doomed.

EYi6apZ.jpg

By the way, I didn't know I much I missed autocannons, PPCs and overheating reactors until I took one of these toys out of a dropship again. Ah, the memories.

Snowrunner is one of the best game's I've ever played. I love trucking sims in general, but the aesthetics, mechanics and visuals of this one really make it stand out. Basically it's to trucking games what Dirt Rally is to racing games.

Some people are reporting bugs but so far I've encountered none and my play has been an uninterrupted stream of pure gaming bliss. And the game world is vast, easily hundreds of hours of play even without the eventual dlc that will probably come close to doubling the size of the world. Can't recommend this one highly enough if you're even slightly interested in the trucking style genre. And that isn't even going into the puzzle angle inherent to the gameplay, where every load, every mission require a new and creative solution besides just jumping in the cab and driving to your destination.

Snowrunner is one of the best game's I've ever played. I love trucking sims in general, but the aesthetics, mechanics and visuals of this one really make it stand out. Basically it's to trucking games what Dirt Rally is to racing games.

Some people are reporting bugs but so far I've encountered none and my play has been an uninterrupted stream of pure gaming bliss. And the game world is vast, easily hundreds of hours of play even without the eventual dlc that will probably come close to doubling the size of the world. Can't recommend this one highly enough if you're even slightly interested in the trucking style genre. And that isn't even going into the puzzle angle inherent to the gameplay, where every load, every mission require a new and creative solution besides just jumping in the cab and driving to your destination.
I have mudrunner 2 in my Steam library...not installed yet though. I'll have a look for snowrunner.

Yeah, same. I've spent a considerable amount of time in Mudrunner: Spintires (or what it was called). It a heap of fun and very unique game in general.
I didn't even know Snowrunner existed. I'm gonna have to check that out. :)

Im new to this series, but my impression is that if you play and enjoy Mudrunner you'll have a pretty decent idea what Snowrunner is all about.

Bugs aside, I have found dropping into random peoples games quite the thing as you never know what hiccup you will be joining to over come

Hi everybody. To be honest. I like X Serie. I played it before the release of ED from the first part of X:Beyond the frontier. I would buy Star Citizen if it was cheaper and more stable. And if anyone revived Wing Commander series with new story, that would be a gem! That was the first space simulation I fell in love with. You can't forget Maniac! :) Or to revive Privateeer, Starlancer, Freelancer or Freespace - what a great games with beatifull stories and gameplay.

I don’t have that “problem” these days. Sooner or later, the little ones will start demanding attention. ;)

The definition of “sandbox” is kind of like the definition of “grind.” It’s drifted over the years. The definition I’m most familiar with is a game without a plot to follow or built in victory condition. YMMV
We need an official "YMMV games" category. YMMV RPG sound much better than "grindy sandbox RPG" :)

Hi everybody. To be honest. I like X Serie. I played it before the release of ED from the first part of X:Beyond the frontier. I would buy Star Citizen if it was cheaper and more stable. And if anyone revived Wing Commander series with new story, that would be a gem! That was the first space simulation I fell in love with. You can't forget Maniac! :) Or to revive Privateeer, Starlancer, Freelancer or Freespace - what a great games with beatifull stories and gameplay.
Try Star Citizen :D

..No...really...don't even go there, it's a cesspit. Believe me, I'm one of them :oops:

I'm in total agreement with you!!

At first I was put off by the huge number of (gamebreaking) bugs reported and decided to put tge game aside untill it would be patched.
However, the little amount of time I did play got me hooked and I started playing again, taking the risk of getting a corrupted savegame for granted.
I've encountered exactly two bugs, one truck that I can't claim and I couldn't deliver a certain trailer but after a reboot of the game it worked.

Snowrunner is incredibly addictive, one more run, one more challenge, oops I got stuck in the mud or I tipped over, cant drop the game untill I got that solved now can I?
The graphics are great, and next update brings 4k to the Xbox One X, the trucks look even better.
I'm totaly sold to this game, best fun I've had in a loooong time, I'll definitly buy the season pass too.

I looked into Mudrunner too since it's on sale atm on Xbox but I've read quite a couple SR vs MR reviews and they all say that SR has what people wanted to see in MR, better graphics, all licenced trucks, tons more types of cargo and way more types of missions. Plus the map is incredibly larger then in MR.
So I'm holding off of Mudrunner but use that money for the SR season pass instead.

Highly recommended when you like trucks and a challenge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom