What other games are we all playing?

I'm in total agreement with you!!

At first I was put off by the huge number of (gamebreaking) bugs reported and decided to put tge game aside untill it would be patched.
However, the little amount of time I did play got me hooked and I started playing again, taking the risk of getting a corrupted savegame for granted.
I've encountered exactly two bugs, one truck that I can't claim and I couldn't deliver a certain trailer but after a reboot of the game it worked.

Snowrunner is incredibly addictive, one more run, one more challenge, oops I got stuck in the mud or I tipped over, cant drop the game untill I got that solved now can I?
The graphics are great, and next update brings 4k to the Xbox One X, the trucks look even better.
I'm totaly sold to this game, best fun I've had in a loooong time, I'll definitly buy the season pass too.

I looked into Mudrunner too since it's on sale atm on Xbox but I've read quite a couple SR vs MR reviews and they all say that SR has what people wanted to see in MR, better graphics, all licenced trucks, tons more types of cargo and way more types of missions. Plus the map is incredibly larger then in MR.
So I'm holding off of Mudrunner but use that money for the SR season pass instead.

Highly recommended when you like trucks and a challenge.
Yeah, I've heard that some of the bugs are definitely teeth grindingly bad and some people are legit upset about it. I've been very fortunate and my game play has been un-interrupted, allowing me to focus purely on the positive aspects which are quite amazing. I adore trucking and driving sims, but what puts this one over the top for me is the quality of the world which just looks and feels insanely good and serves as more than mere window dressing, as well as the hard bitten puzzle aspect to all of the missions and tasks that require you to concentrate on skillful solutions far more than say American Truck Sim or it's Euro bigger brother which are far more passive in their gameplay. Honestly, I can say that I'm quite obsessed at this point, can't wait to see how it evolves with expansions.

Yeah, I've heard that some of the bugs are definitely teeth grindingly bad and some people are legit upset about it. I've been very fortunate and my game play has been un-interrupted, allowing me to focus purely on the positive aspects which are quite amazing. I adore trucking and driving sims, but what puts this one over the top for me is the quality of the world which just looks and feels insanely good and serves as more than mere window dressing, as well as the hard bitten puzzle aspect to all of the missions and tasks that require you to concentrate on skillful solutions far more than say American Truck Sim or it's Euro bigger brother which are far more passive in their gameplay. Honestly, I can say that I'm quite obsessed at this point, can't wait to see how it evolves with expansions.
After playing hundreds of hours of Mudrunner and its spinoffs/DLCs one bad thing I have to say is the dev's apparent inability (maybe even unwillingness) to improve the game or support the game in general. I haven't tried Snow Runner, yet, because I can't find in on Steam so I'm gonna have to go and buy it locally, but from what I've seen so far, I think I can tell most of the problems the MudRunner had (namely physics bugs) and that were never fixed are still present in Snowrunner.
And with that - the expansions and new content will most probably be simply new maps and new vehicles.

Nonetheless, like I said, I've spent hundreds of hours with MudRunner. And I bloody loved every second of it, so even if the SnowRunner is simply a bigger Mudrunner with more cars, I'm gonna be beside myself playing it.
Looks like a good ol' winch is still the most essential tool and the game looks amazing.
Plus if the orginal MudRunner modding community picks up where it left, I am more excited about what THEY are going to come up with, not the devs. :)

After playing hundreds of hours of Mudrunner and its spinoffs/DLCs one bad thing I have to say is the dev's apparent inability (maybe even unwillingness) to improve the game or support the game in general. I haven't tried Snow Runner, yet, because I can't find in on Steam so I'm gonna have to go and buy it locally, but from what I've seen so far, I think I can tell most of the problems the MudRunner had (namely physics bugs) and that were never fixed are still present in Snowrunner.
And with that - the expansions and new content will most probably be simply new maps and new vehicles.

Nonetheless, like I said, I've spent hundreds of hours with MudRunner. And I bloody loved every second of it, so even if the SnowRunner is simply a bigger Mudrunner with more cars, I'm gonna be beside myself playing it.
Looks like a good ol' winch is still the most essential tool and the game looks amazing.
Plus if the orginal MudRunner modding community picks up where it left, I am more excited about what THEY are going to come up with, not the devs. :)
Out of curiosity, what improvements would you like to see from Mudrunner to Snowrunner?

Out of curiosity, what improvements would you like to see from Mudrunner to Snowrunner?
The thing I would appreciate the most I think would be a general precision of "doing stuff". Loading and unloading for example was always a PITA not because it was time-consuming (everything is time-consuming in this game but the "foot by foot" uphill battle and getting out of sticky situations is what makes it fun) but because of the wonky physics it was downright frustrating.
Better waypoint system and general map navigation would also be appreciated, as in MudRunner, until you've simply learned the whole map, you weren't able to navigate the environment efficiently.
And possibly more importantly - I would love to see the small off-road vehicles to play a bigger role. Or to HAVE an actual role, in fact. In MudRunner, small vehicles are useless. They are too hard to drive in rough terrain (which is 98% of the map, let's be honest) and you can't DO anything gameplay related with them. Sometimes I used them for scouting uot the maps (the map needed to be uncovered and logging sites, garages, etc. needed to be discovered first, don't know how SnowRunner will handle this) before I went there with the heavy stuff, but in the end they proved to be too frustrating and unwieldy and it was easier and quicker to discover the map with a normal truck.
So I'd like the small jeeps and whatnot to be more agile and fun to use so I can actually use them.

The thing I would appreciate the most I think would be a general precision of "doing stuff". Loading and unloading for example was always a PITA not because it was time-consuming (everything is time-consuming in this game but the "foot by foot" uphill battle and getting out of sticky situations is what makes it fun) but because of the wonky physics it was downright frustrating.
Better waypoint system and general map navigation would also be appreciated, as in MudRunner, until you've simply learned the whole map, you weren't able to navigate the environment efficiently.
And possibly more importantly - I would love to see the small off-road vehicles to play a bigger role. Or to HAVE an actual role, in fact. In MudRunner, small vehicles are useless. They are too hard to drive in rough terrain (which is 98% of the map, let's be honest) and you can't DO anything gameplay related with them. Sometimes I used them for scouting uot the maps (the map needed to be uncovered and logging sites, garages, etc. needed to be discovered first, don't know how SnowRunner will handle this) before I went there with the heavy stuff, but in the end they proved to be too frustrating and unwieldy and it was easier and quicker to discover the map with a normal truck.
So I'd like the small jeeps and whatnot to be more agile and fun to use so I can actually use them.

I don't know how Mudrunner did this but when you've discovered all watchtowers in Snowrunner all roads are visible so plotting a route is quite easy imho.
There are also missions you'll have to do with your scout, retrieving certain trailers etc.
I just got a six wheeler scout (forgot the name) and used it to pull my Paystar out of the mud, the thing is a beast.
I read about Mudrunner that Logs are the only cargo you have to move around?
In Snowrunner you've got twenty-one different kinds of cargo plus some very huge heavy stuff you have to move around.
Also many types of cargo can be auto loaded at distribution points when you don't like the manual loading.

I can't make a personal comparison to MR but imho the physics in SR are realy good, the effect mud, snow or frozen roads have on your vehicle.
The only thing I find cluncky is the crane controlls and the camera when using the different cranes, it works but it's not very intuitive imho.

I definitely hope the devs will solve all the bugs that are reported atm even though I haven't experienced many of them (yet).
Up until now SR has been a pure blast.

Having not played the previous game i can't really compare, but I can tell you that I happily do all of my map exploration, and there's a whole lot of it due to the massive size of the maps, in a small truck or scout, including fun challenges designed around the small trucks. And there's an auto-load feature whenever loading/unloading cargo.

But no Steam version yet, unfortunately. I recently broke down from my previous rule of boycotting Epic because honestly, it just felt silly after all the stuff that's been happening in the world recently. I just bought the game, fell in love and never looked back.

Last edited:
Having not played the previous game i can't really compare, but I can tell you that I happily do all of my map exploration, and there's a whole lot of it due to the massive size of the maps, in a small truck or scout, including fun challenges designed around the small trucks. And there's an auto-load feature whenever loading/unloading cargo.
That's good to hear!
(There was an automatic loading in the previous game as well, but you had to play on lower difficulty, so fewer rewards and less fun)

That's good to hear!
(There was an automatic loading in the previous game as well, but you had to play on lower difficulty, so fewer rewards and less fun)
No difficulty classes in this one, which brings me to my one complaint: if you want a true "hard" difficulty it must be self imposed because the game is currently calibrated towards the easier end of the play spectrum.

No difficulty classes in this one, which brings me to my one complaint: if you want a true "hard" difficulty it must be self imposed because the game is currently calibrated towards the easier end of the play spectrum.
Well, the "difficulty" was kind of ham-fisted anyway. It was things like manual gearbox only, easier to damage, etc. The REAL difficulty of this game is pretty much given and can't be really changed. I mean, if you get stuck in the mud, you get stuck in the mud. No matter how difficult or easy it was to get there, you better have a good buddy who's gonna pull you out of there. :LOL:

No matter how difficult or easy it was to get there, you better have a good buddy who's gonna pull you out of there. :LOL:

Maybe I'm wrong here but did you need a buddy to pull you out of trouble in MR?
In SR I can switch to my garage get another truck and drive to my stranded one and pull him out.
The fun thing is that as soon you start pulling the stuck truck starts it's engine and helps, you can also switch to the stuck truck and the other will help pull you out when you're winched to each other, pretty cool imho.

As I recall correctly a hard mode for the game is in the planning, no recovery to the garage etc.
At least I read that somewhere I think.

Maybe I'm wrong here but did you need a buddy to pull you out of trouble in MR?
In SR I can switch to my garage get another truck and drive to my stranded one and pull him out.
The fun thing is that as soon you start pulling the stuck truck starts it's engine and helps, you can also switch to the stuck truck and the other will help pull you out when you're winched to each other, pretty cool imho.

As I recall correctly a hard mode for the game is in the planning, no recovery to the garage etc.
At least I read that somewhere I think.
Yes, getting another truck and pull your first one out of there was also possible in MR (and yes the towed truck does drive itself and "helps" - you could even tether two trucks together and drive them all the way there, the AI was quite good at this) and I'm glad it's an option in SR too. It's a good feature.
But a buddy is a buddy. :)

We’re a group of people, men and women who play every Sunday, tank and planes in historical battles from WW2, it’s great fun.

I've got to say I am completely in love with this game, in a way I didn't feel about any other game for a very long time. The more I play it, the more fantastic details I notice. Even something as mundane as a cargo delivery mission (the Ju-52 DLC brings cargo delivery and paratroop drops) can become absolutely fantastic.

My very first career mission with the Ju-52 cargo lift plane was a simple mission to take some cargo from one airfield to another closer to the frontline. For immersion, I imagined I was carrying adult magazines to deliver to the men in the frontlines, to lift their morale and perhaps other things.

On my way back I saw I was being pursued by 3 russian fighters (mig-3's I think). Now my Ju-52 is a cargo plane, very slow, and with only a single gunner on top as defence. "I'm toast", 3 enemy fighters, no allied fighters in sight... I remembered the weather report, said low clouds at 700m, so I quickly climbed to use clouds as cover, seemed to be working... Only problem, there wasn't that many clouds, so I was vulnerable when hopping between clouds...

Meanwhile the enemy fighters got into close range, started landing a few shots . I was still far from my airfield, so hopping between the scarce clouds wasn't going to help me all the way back... Saw a german airfield somewhat close to my route on the map, the airfields usually have anti-aircraft guns and artillery, so I thought to use it as a diversion and dived to gain speed in the airfield direction, with the 3 fighters making passes at me landing occasional hits...

Arrived near the airfield, the plan worked, the airfield anti-aircraft defences started to fire on the enemy mig's that started taking evasive manouvers, time for me to bolt for the final leg to my own airfield... Climbed up again, meanwhile only 2 of the mig-3's remain, started hopping between clouds again on the way to my airfield... My gunner meanwhile managed to take another mig down, awesome, but after a few minutes he got hit and killed by the last remaining mig, and I get a warning message that my plane is leaking fuel... Fortunately I'm now getting close to my own airfield.

So now I'm approaching my airfield, salvation is in sight, however I have a Mig-3 on my rear, have no defences whatsoever and now it's time to fly down and land, which poses another problem... To land I'm gonna need to reduce speed, while flying in a somewhat straight line. I'll be a sitting duck ready to be pounded on by the mig still on my tail. I decided to land from the farthest direction, that way I can descend a bit later, dive at bigger speed, and shed the speed while sharp turning 180º back, making myself harder to hit... Also it will put the mig in the airfield's guns range, giving it something else to worry about.

The plan works, I touch down a bit too fast, but keep control and stop my damaged plane, while looking out the canopy and seeing my airfield guns still trying to take down the mig. I open the canopy and listen to the air raid alarm still playing. My plane has holes, but I'm alive and those adult magazines reached those poor frontline soldiers who need them...

Absolutely fantastic experience, and this was just a simple cargo delivery mission!

This was the game that made me finally bite the bullet and purchase a Tobii Eye Tracker 4C, which only made the game feel even more fantastic.

Last edited:
Back into ETS2 again, got a nice mod with F1 trucks from the workshop:

20200526163333_1.jpg

Bought Assassins Creed Odyssey last week for the princely sum of £6.49. What a bargain...
Never been into those open-world explore/quest/rpg style games before. Didn't "get" the Witcher games or one of the earlier A.C. games I tried a few years ago.
But thought I'd try Odyssey because it seemed like a good deal with the discount (it's cheaper than the earlier Origins with the £10 epic voucher).
Really enjoying it - Great graphics/quests/story and it's huge ! Exploring the world is a joy.
Apart from the main quests and story, there's a load of stuff to keep you busy; side quests, naval battles, conquests, mercenaries and obviously the upgrading of abilities/weapons/armour.
Recommended...

Top Bottom