only cc reward community challenge?

Hello everyone, I hope you all are ok? :)

I've searched for information about this, but I couldn't find an answhere.

I started with the challenge today and I have released 55 5-star animals so far. But I was wondering if there is something changed with the rewards, because I've only got CC rewards, an not the outfit for the avatar? Normally when I participate in a challenge you have the whole outfit after approximately 17 animals.

Does someone know where I can find a changelog about the community challenges? :)

Last edited:

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hey LillidarAn!

It's great to see that you're participating in the community challenge! There's been some changes to the rewards and we're currently giving out albino animals to players who complete the challenge. Avatar outfits/items won't be given out as rewards going forward.

Hi Jens Erik,

I hope you are enjoying your time as a new community manager? :D

Thanks for the update! So when you end up in the top 3 bars you will recieve albino animals. That is a nice update :giggle:

Oh I was super excited to get my hands on a snow leopard outfit. Glad I noticed I couldnt see any outfit pieces even after 20 animals and decided to look it up.

Albino animals? Not a reward that I am thrilled with. I like the challenge of the community challenges, but my incentive for doing them has been the outfits and the possibility of an animal that I don't have. I already get albino animals which I feel guilty releasing to the wild. I have plenty of CC and don't find it hard to earn more when I need to. So now I really don't feel the push to try to succeed in the challenges. Continuing to do them will be hit or miss. Just my opinon.

As someone who doesn't play Franchise, and therefore doesn't take part in the challenges, I find this to be an odd development; I was under the impression based on what people talk about around here that albinos were super easy to come by in Franchise Mode, so is it really worth the effort to take part in the challenge for something you can get your hands on in the market relatively quickly?

In all honestly I would still participate if there wasnt the chance of getting albinos that are already super cheap on the market like peafowl and warthogs. I'd be thrilled to get most of the albinos in the game but I just dont know if I want to take the risk of getting something I can buy for 7 cc in exchange for lots of time and quality animals.

I think its a good idea overall but I personally really liked the outfits since it was something you couldnt earn any other way. If I want an albino I go on the market and fork over 10k cc, the community challenge is fun because you get to watch and contribute to the progress but idk it just feels like a more expensive way of getting albinos,

People in sandbox or challenge-mode would be so much happier for getting an albino, because there you hardly have a chance, unless you pervert the game (sandbox) or near zero chance in challenge (as you can't turn off animal welfare there).

Hey @Dinocanid, we currently don't have another system in place for people to earn them. If that changes, we'll let you know!
I hope there will be a Way to get them someday. I think I had a Bug when there was the Giant Panda Challenge and I reached the Goal but got no Panda Hat.

Also something else I thought about regarding the Community Challenge Clothes: It would be nice if we could sell the Stuff that we earned in a Community Challenge also in the Souvenir-Shops. This would make it way more enjoyable to see People with Hats from the Souvenir-Shop because if we do have Orangutans in the Park, we could sell Orangutan Hats to the Guests instead of only Hats of Animals that maybe don't even live in the Zoo that sells the Hats

How many animals do I need to release for the challenge to receive animals? Is it possible to get more than one albino? What are the thresholds to get more of them? @Jens Erik do you maybe know?
Also - how can I quickly find 5-star animals in my zoo? Do I need to click on every one, or is there a method to do this?

Btw, you know what would be super-duper cool?
You know the zoopedia, when you see the entry for an animal, you can see conservation status of the animal from endangered to least concern. Except the scale starts from "extinct". For obvious reasons we did not see any extinct animals, but... what if they were rewards for the community challenges? How cool would that be? Extinct animal, only for your zoo - you cannot buy it, you cannot trade it, you don't find it with pokedex - you must do the challenge to get one. And when you do, you have unique animal in your zoo that noboty else can have. How cool would that be?!?

Last edited:
This does seem kind of odd as this is the only way I played franchise. But I did skip out on the last two anyway. I do imagine this will be a game changer for some.

Hey LillidarAn!

It's great to see that you're participating in the community challenge! There's been some changes to the rewards and we're currently giving out albino animals to players who complete the challenge. Avatar outfits/items won't be given out as rewards going forward.

I'm actually really disappointed about this. I personally don't understand the facination everyone seems to have with albinos and have no real interst in them. I would much rather have gold star animals as a reward. This really reduces my enjoyment of the challange.

How many animals do I need to release for the challenge to receive animals? Is it possible to get more than one albino? What are the thresholds to get more of them? @Jens Erik do you maybe know?
Also - how can I quickly find 5-star animals in my zoo? Do I need to click on every one, or is there a method to do this?

You know the zoopedia, when you see the entry for an animal, you can see conservation status of the animal from endangered to least concern. Except the scale starts from "extinct". For obvious reasons we did not see any extinct animals, but... what if they were rewards for the community challenges? How cool would that be? Extinct animal, only for your zoo - you cannot buy it, you cannot trade it, you don't find it with pokedex - you must do the challenge to get one. And when you do, you have unique animal in your zoo that noboty else can have. How cool would that be?!?
That would be fantastic as long as it is immortal and you can't trade it.

That wouldn't be very cool at all, because it would add a wholly new and unique animal to the game that is only available to those who play Franchise Mode.

When Zoo Tycoon 2 Extinct Animals was released they tried to do this with the quagga, and the very first thing that happened was that someone created a downloadable hack to make it available to Freeform players without having to do the challenges. I deliberately don't take part in the challenges because that isn't the reason I play the game. I don't discourage others from playing those modes because different people have different priorities and different ideas of what they consider 'fun', but for me and others who are exclusively Sandbox players it would be pretty upsetting to know that a limited-time only animal exists that we can only get our hands on if we play Franchise.

That wouldn't be very cool at all, because it would add a wholly new and unique animal to the game that is only available to those who play Franchise Mode
These things are in many different games... Like in warcraft, some people never play pvp, but there are some rewards that are only obtainable when playing that mode...

Or in overwatch, where there is 1 week where you can earn a skin, and after that there is no way of getting it.

besides: The reward system is already that way, since you can only get the animal/outfit (in the past) when playing franchise

I agree with NZfanatic, new/exclusive animals wouldn't be a good move. I don't want to call the animals a "sensitive" subject but I don't think you want to make this a discussion.

I think skin rewards in other games are a different discussion - that's something like we already had with the clothing for our Avatar.

Understandable they changed the rewards, didn't expect it this soon but albinos aren't that exciting to me. But a lot of people are huge fan of albinos, so I'll just have to accept it.

My preference: A golden, silver or bronze statue/sign/plaque of the challenge animal or with the current challenge just a trophy cup or a trashcan (example) with 5 stars on it.
Something you could place in a zoo as a trophy.

Top Bottom