Game Discussions X4 this looks Very good

I just bought and started in May, and I believe that there have been many changes relating to crew stats.
I don't know if you've started a new game recently, but I've been reading about experience, and all posts that relate to skill leveling/hiring crew with 3 stars seem to be from 2018.
Also, auto explore requires a decent star rating, and 1 star isn't enough.
Sorry I should have been clearer about the explore option. There is auto explore and you are correct that it requires a 3 star pilot. There is also manual allocation of any level pilot to explore an area. You just have to select the ship, click on the area of space to explore and select the explore option. Works on any sector that you have opened up and I have been able to get it to work on unknown jump gates and accelerators.

It seems that 3.x patches have got xp to work however it seems that maybe they have been undone again in beta.

And I've unlocked Paranid and Split quests. Started the Split one right off the bat. Still collecting money, just playing couple of quests. I'd need to buy blueprints and am such a pennysaver.
However, I grudgingly bought a couple storage BPs and made at least energy production at HQ possible.

I enjoy station building.
Limited funds, going slow, but still managed to put storage, energy, microchip, and adv electronics factories, along with 2 med teladi habitats, a whole lot of defense rings, and a large ship dock on my HQ.
It's hilarious trying to fit a large dock on the HQ with that gigantic asteroid in the middle.

I don't understand "Venture" pieces that came with the HQ, who are they? Because I can't mix pieces from different races, I have a mish-mash of Argon storage tied to basic dock, teladi pieces tied to a different section of the station for teladi L storage and habitat, and factories tied to Argon pieces again.

And I've unlocked Paranid and Split quests. Started the Split one right off the bat. Still collecting money, just playing couple of quests. I'd need to buy blueprints and am such a pennysaver.
However, I grudgingly bought a couple storage BPs and made at least energy production at HQ possible.

You do know that you can unlock BPs by more nefarious means, don't you? Spacesuit + bomb launcher + EMP bombs are your friends.

https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/comments/a598tg Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/comments/a598tg/guide_to_stealing_blueprints/

Yes, I think the EMP ammo can be bought at Free Havens? Got some security hacking tools from ingredients but no EMP yet. I kept that for the really expensive stuff in my plans

Black market reps will sometimes sell it. Easier to do a bit of Crystal mining and cargo container hunting to get the parts, just craft them

Havent picked up any black market contacts yet. May have seen missions but didnt want to do them or hadnt any hacking tools.
2 days my HQ refused to produce energy cells. I added two more storage even. Then I found out I had bought and built solid cargo storage...

Havent picked up any black market contacts yet. May have seen missions but didnt want to do them or hadnt any hacking tools.
2 days my HQ refused to produce energy cells. I added two more storage even. Then I found out I had bought and built solid cargo storage...

Had a similar problem to you.
Again im discovering some head scratching changes in the last expansion. Ice refined to water is no longer stored in "liquid storage" its in "solid storage now. Liquid storage now holds harvested gases only from miners. Combined with the recipe changes my old saves would have been screwed.

Had a similar problem to you.
Again im discovering some head scratching changes in the last expansion. Ice refined to water is no longer stored in "liquid storage" its in "solid storage now. Liquid storage now holds harvested gases only from miners. Combined with the recipe changes my old saves would have been screwed.

Water was always stored in container storage. As you said, liquid storage is only used for the mineable gases Helium, Hydrogen and Methane.

After the latest exploit of an I and two K in Hatikvah's Choice, requiring me to relocate my tiny fleet from Ianamus in a hurry, but not before having the three completely obliterate the fleet the Argon threw at them, I decided to give to the local Xenon branch the same Ianamus treatment reserved to their Matrix #451 siblings. So I laid out plans for a new Debugger to give a warm welcome to toasters in Hatikvah too.

Things might have gotten slightly out of hand though.

Enter the Deadlock.

20200514170252_1.jpg

20200514171014_1.jpg

And it goes from P to non-P in under 4 seconds!

Source: https://imgur.com/a/Z6jp8Ar

That's awesome.
I'm getting a but annoyed right now, I have a small fleet, found an out of the way unclaimed sector, and built a station.
It keeps getting stomped by Ks, one destroyer is enough to destroy 95%, the k dies, then another magically comes out of the gate to finish me off.
I'm trying to load a gamesave that's far enough back in time to add more turrets to my station in time to fight these.
It took many hrs to get where I am, I'm feeling too stubborn to ditch the sector.

Started me first station now. By accident I included the pier that was to be added later, but I let it play out now. No idea which production I add. It used to be important which faction the production was from. Not sure I can identify that in the build screen. Then again - I might need to EMP some stuff first and the research is still going for that. Finally unlocked teleportation. Looking for crew is my greatest annoyance.
Split quest has been advanced to the point I need to gather fleet and it's 6 or so Rattlesnakes, lol. I don't have any yet.
Earnings been OK with 1 Nividium miner, two ore miners and a methane guy, that I need to order manually because he fricken is not 3 stars and none to be found. Makes good dosh per run with 1/3 of a million. Considering now to have my station serve as anchor point and maybe have methane as trade good? But that would need manager I can't bloody find. Wel I did find 2 star but got cocky and thought I'd find better one. I was planning to build ore refining and gas. Then make a couple basic goods from that, not branching out too much. Last session saw major offensive in distributing satellites to PoI in a couple of sectors.

Considering now to have my station serve as anchor point and maybe have methane as trade good? But that would need manager I can't bloody find. Wel I did find 2 star but got cocky and thought I'd find better one. I was planning to build ore refining and gas. Then make a couple basic goods from that, not branching out too much. Last session saw major offensive in distributing satellites to PoI in a couple of sectors.

Selling raw resources has never worked for me. Only ship able to transfer raw resources from station to station are other miners. No point for the AI to send out mining ships to trade for resources when they can just mine it for free.

If your looking for a station manager I would look to the teladi. They seem to have a highe spawn rate for npcs with management skill, that or just buy a few training books and train a random crew member.

So, I found the manager - almost 3 stars. Then I (rediscovered) how to reveal good stocks and modules on stations. After robbing Teladi of some BPs I turned to analyse the location of my station and demand doesnt look too hot. My primary choice was ease of materials and proximity to docks and wharfs. And anticipation conflict of course. Argon Prime ord demand has plummeted too and I'm rellcating the miner to 18 Billion.

I have committed to the location now. Screw demand. I have 55 million to burn and I intend to. Storage in build now - I'm doing this intuitively and probably wrong. The only thing I care is that it looks OK with the limited tools. HQ saw extension with venture base and send-off. Took me a while to figure out the Venture base connects to the vanilla base. Like 2 weeks. I sent a Tuatara I had left lying at HQ on the first Venture and followed up with a long mission before logging off. We'll see how that goes.

Then I realised tier two research of the teleport already reaches 3 sectors. Wow. I thought it would increase range to maybe 60km in sector - didnt the helptext say that T1 teleport was short range? It's actually the whole sector you're in. Very handy.

Does anyone know if setting certain goods as "illegal" in sectors you control have any benefit? Do they get confiscated? If so, by whom?

Does anyone know if setting certain goods as "illegal" in sectors you control have any benefit? Do they get confiscated? If so, by whom?
I don't know, but teladi is building factories willy-nilly in my sector, and they're not paying me to do so, so judging by this, I would also guess a vanishing act.

Top Bottom