ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers Update - BETA BLOWOUT

Not sure what you mean by 'rush'. There are only 2 Carrier Admin systems 'MARKED' on the Galaxy Map. All the other ones are not marked in Yellow like the others, so for those who don't see the list that Frontier posted (instead of doing it properly by marking it on the Galaxy Map), then it's best guess.
Besides the other systems are mainly full too.
It has been widely reported that effectively non of our known system data makes it into the betas which causes trouble when trying to find things in Gal Map as it only shows stuff in known systems and makes system maps unavailable for the same reason.
There really ought to have been some way to fake this information up in the beta seeing as the real data from live isn't available to FDev as it is stored on our machines as I understand it.

If you mean Vendor and Admin systems, you have to visit them first for them to show up (which is daft).

Not saying it isn't daft but it is the same mechanic for Black Markets and Interstellar Factors etc in live, beta just doesn't have access to our visited systems database.

I'm done with my stress test. Back to my regular main account. Anyone who wants to use my FC can find it in Dryooe Flyou DH-I c24-10. I'm not clogging up the main systems, at least. :)

Remove decommissioning... It was rendered contradicting when we all seen you have a system that places the carrier into another system when one system is full. Or have them at beta prices as they are not worth the money they have them listed as so far

Didn't read topic

I assume this will completely fail because every single carrier vendor is 100% full of carriers, so nobody will be able to purchase any services?

Just for the heckuva it, I went mining in a tritium hotspot.

There are two in the GG rings above me. Both had rocks with about 20% or less concentrations, when there was tritium to be had. Most of the goodie mining is subsurface, just to raise your blood pressure more. No cores detected.

Simple laser mining is the less stress inducing procedure. Don't bother with the PWS/abrasion blasters.

It takes a very long time for this individual to fill that tank.

With no customers, the market is a dead end. You could use it personally to store goods (setting buy/sell prices), but then there is the trip back, either by cargo ship, or finding a system with an open slot.

This ship needs a dedicated group to work. And, I do mean work.

I'll be using someone else's carrier as my repair port, and UC vending machine. If, they don't lock me out. If locked out, I just return to a normal port. Carrier owners will need customers.

Remove decommissioning... It was rendered contradicting when we all seen you have a system that places the carrier into another system when one system is full. Or have them at beta prices as they are not worth the money they have them listed as so far
So your happy for systems to get so clogged up that nobody can jump to that system? Why would moving your FC to another system that you don't want to go to help in any way at all.

Due to the delay of the Next Era, along with the temporary abandonment of community goals and interstellar initiatives, there doesn't seem to be much coming down the pipeline this year for the great number of pilots who cannot afford to spend 5 billion credits on the down payment of a fleet carrier. Perhaps some enterprising ship builder could offer a cheaper, no-frills, bare bones version of the FC which is currently in production.

Purchase Price
  • Fleet Carrier, Deluxe (Fully Loaded): 5 billion credits
  • Fleet Carrier, Standard (Bare Bones): 3 billion credits

The bare bones FC would come without engineering, repair or refueling services. It would still be capable of traveling 500 light years per jump but would only provide docking space and storage (to include storage for items salvaged and ore obtained while mining) for owner and passengers. When the owner could afford it, the bare bones FC could be upgraded but, to be fair, a complete upgrade would come to more than the additional 2 billion of the fully loaded carrier.

The reasoning behind a bare bones FC is this: it allows a squadron or other group to conduct a long-term mining or exploration mission. But, since the bare bones FC carries nothing for sale, pilots would need to plan ahead, buying and storing the proper equipment before the FC departs.

The advantage of using the bare bones FC in such an endeavor is this: the pilots and their cargo (to include the accumulated items placed in storage aboard the FC) are protected from interdiction and damage while on the return trip.

Due to the delay of the Next Era, along with the temporary abandonment of community goals and interstellar initiatives, there doesn't seem to be much coming down the pipeline this year for the great number of pilots who cannot afford to spend 5 billion credits on the down payment of a fleet carrier. Perhaps some enterprising ship builder could offer a cheaper, no-frills, bare bones version of the FC which is currently in production.

Purchase Price
  • Fleet Carrier, Deluxe (Fully Loaded): 5 billion credits
  • Fleet Carrier, Standard (Bare Bones): 3 billion credits

The bare bones FC would come without engineering, repair or refueling services. It would still be capable of traveling 500 light years per jump but would only provide docking space and storage (to include storage for items salvaged and ore obtained while mining) for owner and passengers. When the owner could afford it, the bare bones FC could be upgraded but, to be fair, a complete upgrade would come to more than the additional 2 billion of the fully loaded carrier.

The reasoning behind a bare bones FC is this: it allows a squadron or other group to conduct a long-term mining or exploration mission. But, since the bare bones FC carries nothing for sale, pilots would need to plan ahead, buying and storing the proper equipment before the FC departs.

The advantage of using the bare bones FC in such an endeavor is this: the pilots and their cargo (to include the accumulated items placed in storage aboard the FC) are protected from interdiction and damage while on the return trip.
I like the avatar reference. :)

I've tried the fleet carrier at the blowout prices. It's not for me. You need a group to make it work. A single player would need to be in the Forty Billion Club to not have to constantly work.

We are waiting for the DLC, plain and simple.

A coupla questions...pc only? And do you get to keep them after it goes live?
No and no
I assume this will completely fail because every single carrier vendor is 100% full of carriers, so nobody will be able to purchase any services
Also no

Greetings Commanders,

Tied up too many credits in ships and modules to buy a Fleet Carrier this Beta? We have you covered with the BETA BLOWOUT!

Starting from 21 May at 10:00 UTC and lasting until the end of the Beta (26 May), Fleet Carriers will cost a mere 1 million credits and ALL Additional Services will be reduced to 100 credits per service!

We hope that you all get a chance to jump into the Beta over the weekend and show us what you can do with your very own Fleet Carrier!

Please note: The Beta Blowout costs for Fleet Carriers DO NOT reflect the final prices when they are released in June.

o7 Commanders!
Is this for consoles to as we would like to try FC for that price

Other than fleet carriers - which may as well be in an entirely different game on a platform I don't own for all I care - what else is in the recent update?

The only thing I like about F/C is the inclusion of "Wear and Tear", which in my view should be a feature of all modules on all ships and which gets better or worse as you engineer the modules.

Top Bottom