Alliance factions!

I've been playing awhile now and I've noticed that on the whole Alliance factions are more sneaky in how they play the BGS. Can anyone enlighten me politely why this is the case.

eCrQrhK.jpg

I think you are lol, which is interesting when they target independent factions.

Last edited:
Or Alliance factions. Alliance player groups are the biggest threat to Alliance factions, which is just a sign that there's a weird disconnect between those groups and the Alliance they think they serve.
I agree, it would make more sense for them to target only Federation/Empire factions that are a threat to Alliance factions, especially lore wise. Picking on other independent/Alliance players imo makes them feel like griefers.

I agree, it would make more sense for them to target only Federation/Empire factions that are a threat to Alliance factions, especially lore wise. Picking on other independent/Alliance players imo makes them feel like griefers.
Hudson and Aisling called, they're unhappy about being called griefers.

I think you're entirely missing the point.
Independent factions are no-more Alliance than they are Federation or Imperial factions.
Independent factions that decide to sign-up to the Alliance become part of the Alliance.
Independent factions who decide not to sign-up are not part of the Alliance.
And player groups who intentionally insert Indepedent factions have made a concious decision to NOT be Alliance.

The reality is that in-game, systems ruled by Alliance factions are under daily threat from Independent factions (often player groups - of which there are now 1000s I would guess) who think nothing of flippng Alliance systems to Independent and then cry about being oppressed when Alliance player groups defend those Alliance factions. Often those Alliance groups have worked hard to promote those factions previously.

Independents are by far the largest collection of factions in the game - The Alliance is by far the smallest collection!

Alliance Player Groups promote Alliance factions. We're surrounded by many Independent factions, a few Federation factions, and due to geography, hardly any Imperial factions. Just by pure numbers, the chances are that Alliance factions will be taking control of systems previously ruled by Independents.

Despite the rumours and myths spread by others, AEDC in particular doesn't seek out player group conflict. We will however, defend Alliance factions that come under attack from other groups (those groups are usually "oppressed" Indies). That is especially true of Alliance factions we've previously pushed against NPC factions. It's rarely, if ever, AEDC that attacks but "oppressed" Indies who we're defending against!

Look at all the battles you think we've been the aggressors in and you'll probably find we've been defending the status quo rather than attacking!

Can someone explain to me why every months we see supporters of independent factions complaining about the Alliance’s oppression while everyone sees on the statistics that independent factions are the ones with the most territory and earn even more each months when the Alliance is still the smallest of all and really small faction compared to the others?

EoreXsr.png

I told you, we are the bad guys! (it’s ironic for those who don’t understand...) Poor oppressed independents!

Regarding the Alliance factions over others Alliance factions or some disagreements between Alliance groups...
You will told me that this isn't the case for Feds, Imps or Indeps ?
Press [X] to doubt

Please stop spending your time watching us and always tell us how we should play the game with your own rules...

Just play the game with fun, not salt!

Fly safe commanders ;)

I've been playing awhile now and I've noticed that on the whole Alliance factions are more sneaky in how they play the BGS. Can anyone enlighten me politely why this is the case.

And you'll have to describe what you mean by sneaky.
We generally just get on and play our game without shouting about it on the forums/reddit.
How exactly does that make it sneaky?

Or do you just mean we're good at it?

Oops I think I hit a nerve lol. The reason I mentioned it was our faction has a understanding with an Alliance faction and have for a while. but it appears AEDC don't like that and are working against us. No salt here just stating facts and yes you seem to be doing a good job at it lol.

Oops I think I hit a nerve lol. The reason I mentioned it was our faction has a understanding with an Alliance faction and have for a while. but it appears AEDC don't like that and are working against us. No salt here just stating facts and yes you seem to be doing a good job at it lol.

Their self image is very strong, and we can only hope for the day when reality decides to resemble it.

I think you intentionally went in that direction.
No clue what's prompted it today though, you'd better let us know which faction we're supposed to be working against because we're unaware of any issue.

Their self image is very strong, and we can only hope for the day when reality decides to resemble it.

I guess we've come up against you previously. Nice of you to criticise AEDC on here without giving any semblence of evidence on which we can defend ourselves. Easy to attack someone without giving any facts isn't it.

I guess we've come up against you previously. Nice of you to criticise AEDC on here without giving any semblence of evidence on which we can defend ourselves. Easy to attack someone without giving any facts isn't it.

That wasn't an attack; but thanks for going on the defensive!

Of my three commanders, one hates the AEDC because they destroyed the Reorte Mining Coalition (an Alliance faction) by using it as nothing more than a goad to bother The Code. The Reorte Mining Coalition was well placed to flip a couple of Empire systems - which would have been an unusual opportunity - until you used the faction to poke the Code... and then you just walked away. The Code whipped up a torrent of anarchy-loving oppositiuon that attacked RMC in all of its systems, beating it into the ground. It's only lately begun to come back. And where were you? Well, like I said, you just walked away. You'd already had your fun.

My second CMDR hates the Alliance Office of Statistics because of the way they've overthrown Alliance factions in a quest to apparently own everything, particularly in the area of BPM 89444 last year.

The third just doesn't like you very much, but her focus is slightly different.

Overall it's even worse with Alliance Squadrons - that's more understandable, since Squadron leaderboards reward them for conquest. So they establish a player faction and then simply take over every system they can, regardless of who they're attacking, Alliance or not.

The Alliance was founded to establish a common defense against colonizing aggressors, which is what you are. I don't expect you to see the dissonance.

That wasn't an attack; but thanks for going on the defensive!

Of my three commanders, one hates the AEDC because they destroyed the Reorte Mining Coalition (an Alliance faction) by using it as nothing more than a goad to bother The Code. The Reorte Mining Coalition was well placed to flip a couple of Empire systems - which would have been an unusual opportunity - until you used the faction to poke the Code... and then you just walked away. The Code whipped up a torrent of anarchy-loving oppositiuon that attacked RMC in all of its systems, beating it into the ground. It's only lately begun to come back. And where were you? Well, like I said, you just walked away. You'd already had your fun.

My second CMDR hates the Alliance Office of Statistics because of the way they've overthrown Alliance factions in a quest to apparently own everything, particularly in the area of BPM 89444 last year.

The third just doesn't like you very much, but her focus is slightly different.

Overall it's even worse with Alliance Squadrons - that's more understandable, since Squadron leaderboards reward them for conquest. So they establish a player faction and then simply take over every system they can, regardless of who they're attacking, Alliance or not.

The Alliance was founded to establish a common defense against colonizing aggressors, which is what you are. I don't expect you to see the dissonance.

We pushed RMC maybe a couple of years ago in an attempt to flip Orrere. At that time, as I explained to The Code at the time, we believed The Code was an inactive PMF. Our long-term influence charts for Orrere showed no obvious sign of movement to suggest an active PMF and we didn't know of anyone pushing RMC either. The Code was NOT in control of Orrere and we'd intended to push RMC in to control instead of whatever NPC faction currently was in control without going in to conflict with The Code. As soon as we realised The Code faction was still being supported by the player group we backed away - exactly as we told The Code we would do.

We stepped back because that's what we told The Code we would do. There was no reason for The Code to attack the faction, it wasn't hurting them and hadn't hurt them in any form while we were pushing it. I don't see how we get blamed for The Code subsequently doing anything.

We haven't touched RMC since.

In terms of AOS, they promote Mahon's interests, not necessarily the Alliance. Two different things. Powerplay is brilliant at introducing conflict within Superpowers, and even with a single Power, Mahon manages to do that within the Alliance (God knows we've had enough arguments on that topic with AOS ourselves). But that's how the game is set up - to create conflict. Take offense at that if you feel the need, but all it really comes down to is different points of view. "Hate" is a bit of a strong word for that :-(

Last edited:
I don't see how we get blamed for The Code subsequently doing anything.

No, you just put the bomb down and lit the fuse.

See, people don't judge you by the quality of your propaganda. They judge you by your actions and their consequences.

In terms of AOS, they promote Mahon's interests, not necessarily the Alliance. Two different things.

Have you been paying attention? Lately they seem to be bored with Powerplay and are just spreading their player faction as widely as possible, often at the expense of other Alliance factions.

But that's how the game is set up - to create conflict. Take offense at that if you feel the need, but all it really comes down to is different points of view.

It would be less offensive if you didn't lead with high-minded descriptions of yourselves.

No, you just put the bomb down and lit the fuse.

What bomb?
We expanded RMC in to Orrere.
The Code came and complained about it.
We walked away - and told them: "we will walk away".
Where's the bomb? And if it was a bomb, why is RMC still sitting happily in the system?

This was March 2018 - are you sure this is what you're talking about?

What bomb?
We expanded RMC in to Orrere.
The Code came and complained about it.
We walked away - and told them: "we will walk away".
Where's the bomb? And if it was a bomb, why is RMC still sitting happily in the system?

"The Bomb" is the Code's overwrought appeal for help, posted here and elsewhere, which drew players from all and led them to murder RMC ships in all its systems until it was practically destroyed. I fought like hell to counteract the drop in influence but even when I pulled back to a single system there wasn't any way to stop it. That's the part when you had already walked away.

Gurney Slade flipped to the Feds, where now a Fed player faction in in control. Nice win there for AEDC! Of the other systems Flechti had rebounded, last I saw, but I stay out of that neighborhood these days unless I have no choice.

This was March 2018 - are you sure this is what you're talking about?

Yes. I am very sure. It's not something I'm likely to forget. Because unlike AEDC I was paying attention to the aftermath. See "consequences", above.

Okay, well if you want to apportion blame for the actions of The Code on AEDC so be it.
I can't stop you.

Top Bottom