ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carrier Update - Game Maintenance

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager

UPDATE - 13:24 UTC

The issue affecting carrier jumps has been resolved. Additionally, we're aware of recent server disruption which should also now been resolved.

UPDATE - 18:21 UTC

Players whose missions were cancelled due to being accepted after the update have had credits added to their balance based on average reward for each mission type as compensation.

UPDATE - 16:35 UTC
Mission boards should now be filled with available missions.

UPDATE - 15:35 UTC
The maintenance is now complete, thanks for your patience!

UPDATE - 15:10 UTC

The maintenance has started as planned at 15:00 and is expected to last around an hour, finishing at 16:00 UTC.

Greetings Commanders,

Yesterday we launched the Fleet Carriers update. Thank you to all the Commanders who have shared issues you've faced so far. To address the key ones, we are planning maintenance later today at 15:00 UTC which will require some downtime, expected to last up to an hour. This post describes the key issues we intend to resolve during this downtime.

Missions
Some Commanders had their missions removed unexpectedly. This especially affected Commanders undertaking longer missions. We will restore missions from before the update to minimise the impact on players. Due to the structure of the missions system, this means that any missions taken after the update will disappear. We'll implement this in a way to make this as fair as possible - more details will be shared on this after the maintenance.

Powerplay
A server issue meant that Commanders were able to unfairly advance their chosen Power rapidly. Knowing the importance of Powerplay to many of our more experienced players, we have thought carefully about which steps to take next. As such, we have decided to rollback the Powerplay system to undo the effects of the disruption. This means that Powerplay will return to its state from before the update. This decision was made in the interest of maintaining fair play throughout the community.

Missing Sites
The same server disruption caused an issue whereby sites such as Dav's Hope, the Jameson Crash Site, Guardian sites etc. were not present after the update. These will be restored gradually throughout the course of today, with the bulk being re-added after the downtime.

Thank you for all your feedback! Please continue to use the Issue Tracker and sharing any new issues on the Known Issues thread.

Thanks for your understanding,

The Elite Dangerous Team

Last edited:
@Bruce Garrido
Will it only be missions rolled back to pre-update?
I've just mined a whole 25t of goodies (don't laugh) that are sitting on my ship to go to another system after the update... As I'm not a fan of mining I really wouldn't like to do so again :)

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
@Bruce Garrido
Will it only be missions rolled back to pre-update?
I've just mined a whole 25t of goodies (don't laugh) that are sitting on my ship to go to another system after the update... As I'm not a fan of mining I really wouldn't like to do so again :)
Missions and the Powerplay state, your mined goodies should be just fine :D

Thank you.
Hopefully this won't change the Guardians Sites data via the Obelisk... I don't feel like re-re-re-reupdating the very complex guide for the 101 data :(

Top Bottom