Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Hi Eventure

I'm currently using TCE v1.8.0.8 and following the ED Fleet Carriers update I notice that the station market type is not being picked up by TCE and is consequently resetting all stations to 'None'. I seem to remember that I saw somewhere there were some changes to the ED log file and assume that this may account for the omission.

Also I have noticed for a while that some of the TCE ship hangar stats are resetting after every TCE update, those I have noticed specifically are 'mileage' and 'utilization'.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Confirm (the first part), patch will be released soon.
@Do you update through the launcher or by installing a new version and transfer your database?

Last edited:
Confirm (the first part), patch will be released soon.
@Do you update through the launcher or by installing a new version and transfer your database?
I always update via the launcher unless I hit a problem, and then I would install the new version and transfer the database (although I rarely encounter a problem).

I always update via the launcher unless I hit a problem, and then I would install the new version and transfer the database (although I rarely encounter a problem).

Thanks for the info.
You encounter the issue every update? Because I have trouble to recreate the issue here, but will continue to look further, if I can find something.
BTW, could you send me a report incl. your player.data file from the CMDR folder? Would like to take a look. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
first of all thank you for your wonderfull tool, for me Tritium is missing. I will think you will patch it soon in.

Or is there another sollution, does it work to add manualy im missing the frontier id.
Mabe someone can provide a pic how to do, or give a tip what to update

thank you all

Version [1.8.0.9] released
Changelog:
  • Added Tritium to the commodities database.
  • Fixed an issue with the proper service and economy detection of stations, which have a market when docked.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
first of all thank you for your wonderfull tool, for me Tritium is missing. I will think you will patch it soon in.

Or is there another sollution, does it work to add manualy im missing the frontier id.
Mabe someone can provide a pic how to do, or give a tip what to update

thank you all
Thanks for the feedback, if you required any assistance, please let me know!
@You can add missing commodities quickly by using the Database panel.

thank you ill try im missing the frontier refe id and the eddb ref id for Tritium.

can´t add it to the database because those 2 ids are missing so no save button apears

Last edited:
thank you ill try im missing the frontier refe id and the eddb ref id for Tritium.

can´t add it to the database because those 2 ids are missing so no save button apears
ED ID is 128961249 and EDDB is 362.
Have updated the above patch with the new ID's actually.
I attached the new resources.db file. Extract it into the DB folder of TCE, if you have updated to 1.8.0.9 before this post.

Attachments

• Resources.zip
    71.9 KB · Views: 237
Thanks for the info.
You encounter the issue every update? Because I have trouble to recreate the issue here, but will continue to look further, if I can find something.
BTW, could you send me a report incl. your player.data file from the CMDR folder? Would like to take a look. Thanks in advance.

Hi Eventure

It dosen't appear to happen everytime (the playerdata files in the links below are pre & post undate v1.8.0.8 to v1.8.0.9) but it has happened on a number of occasions over the various updates and the update itself appears to be the only possible reason why.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eg5pxdrglkx83o4/ErrorReportFiles_V1.8.0.8.7z?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjjsde5xp0e4kar/postupdate_player.data?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d2j1smw7fs497r/preupdate_player.data?dl=0

Whilst I have your attention can you please remind me how to delete any duplicate/wrongly spelt markets from the database. I thought at one time that there was an option in the markets panel but I can't find it.

Thanks

Hi Eventure

It dosen't appear to happen everytime (the playerdata files in the links below are pre & post undate v1.8.0.8 to v1.8.0.9) but it has happened on a number of occasions over the various updates and the update itself appears to be the only possible reason why.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eg5pxdrglkx83o4/ErrorReportFiles_V1.8.0.8.7z?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjjsde5xp0e4kar/postupdate_player.data?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d2j1smw7fs497r/preupdate_player.data?dl=0

Whilst I have your attention can you please remind me how to delete any duplicate/wrongly spelt markets from the database. I thought at one time that there was an option in the markets panel but I can't find it.

Thanks
Enter the Database panel, select Trade Markets, Delete Market, then enter the first letter of the market. A list is shown, select the market and hit the Delete Maket button.

Enter the Database panel, select Trade Markets, Delete Market, then enter the first letter of the market. A list is shown, select the market and hit the Delete Maket button.

Found it!! Thanks

Sorry to be a pain but on another note I am having problems with TCE's connection to EDMC. As usual I have EDMC open when playing ED and the status shows here as 'Authentication Successful'. However on the TCE extensions screen it shows as 'Invalid Credentials' and when in game when trying to update market details TCE comes up with a 'Login Error' and takes me to my browser to log in with my Frontier ID. Even after logging in here it still does not solve the problem.

My Frontier login details have not changed recently so I am a little confused as to what the problem may be. Hopefully you will be able to come up with an answer 🤞

Last edited:
Found it!! Thanks

Sorry to be a pain but on another note I am having problems with TCE's connection to EDMC. As usual I have EDMC open when playing ED and the status shows here as 'Authentication Successful'. However on the TCE extensions screen it shows as 'Invalid Credentials' and when in game when trying to update market details TCE comes up with a 'Login Error' and takes me to my browser to log in with my Frontier ID. Even after logging in here it still does not solve the problem.

My Frontier login details have not changed recently so I am a little confused as to what the problem may be. Hopefully you will be able to come up with an answer 🤞
First off, please use the default font size, it's hard to read your post. I'm getting old...

I can recommend the following to your issue (it's not an issue of TCE, btw):

Here is a step-by-step procedure of authorization:
1. Start EDMC alone to get to the login page to authorize EDMC.
2. Login and approve the authorization once.
3. EDMC should thereafter confirm the success.

This has to be done every update of EDMC.

If you having trouble authorizing EDMC, deauthorize it first here (https://auth.frontierstore.net/).

Hey i have a problem... whenever i move the mouse from box to box (icon menu), my ingame controlls takes action and roll my ship... (and im on fokus)

Same thing when im not on focus and roll my ship up then my mouse shows up in the box... its bit annoying in a fight...

can anyone help me?

Hey i have a problem... whenever i move the mouse from box to box (icon menu), my ingame controlls takes action and roll my ship... (and im on fokus)

Same thing when im not on focus and roll my ship up then my mouse shows up in the box... its bit annoying in a fight...

can anyone help me?
I didn't use the mouse for flying, so i could be possibly wrong, but play around with the mouse deadzone or sensitivity, maybe it could help.

Just started with Elite: Dangerous and TCE.

When I want to alt-tab out of ED to check my web browser or other programs, how do I make TCE go away temporarily so it doesn't interfere with that?

Hi,
I would guess that problem is caused by the focus being on the wrong program at a guess?

Although you have said that you have the focus correct?

Is there anything happening to steal the focus from the game when the mouse shows up in the icon box?

Martin

Hi,
I would guess that problem is caused by the focus being on the wrong program at a guess?

Although you have said that you have the focus correct?

Is there anything happening to steal the focus from the game when the mouse shows up in the icon box?

Martin
Do you mean when I switch focus from ED/TCE to another program by alt-tabbing and especially after clicking on an external window and typing in it, the TCE interface should disappear ?

Because it doesn't. I'm typing this reply into my browser now and TCE is on top of everything. All the interface features. I can't access most of the browser including the tab bar and menus because TCE is in the way. The only way I can find to get it out of the way is to exit TCE. Considering how long it takes to start up, that's not a useful workaround.

Last edited:
I was also wondering if there is a part of TCE that provides a simple log of where you've been and when. It seems to record a lot of information. I was wondering if it created a traditional ship's log at least in outline. Or do I have to do that manually?

Top Bottom