Animated Avatar for VR players to use just now...

They're going to add VR once Odyssey has been deployed and stabilized. Or do you want an immediate release that is stuffed up and gets stuffed up with every patch to Odyssey, needing another Odyssey VR patch afterwards? VR is an extension of Odyssey and it needs a solid foundation to get established on properly. No amount of complaining will erase this technical fact.

So all the shouting is to achieve what, exactly? An "It'll definitely come eventually"?

Not trolling - honest enquiry.

Keeping VR as a topic on all the key channels just keeps it on the CM’s lists, with the most common themes being taken up the chain.

In a best case scenario FDev could decide that the bad PR within the community is worth assuaging with some new action. (The VR community seems to be more sizeable than average for ED. This reddit poll suggests possibly up to a third of hardcore players).

It could mean: Allowing more new Odyssey tech to be accessible in Horizons than initially intended; tackling an MVP version of VR for Odyssey launch; allowing basic offline modding which turns on the native VR support etc.

Stop-gap stuff like that.

Personally I think the only community act that could accelerate or increase the odds of a fuller-fat VR delivery is a big poll displaying willingness to pay more for a VR version. (Which is the norm in the VR marketplace generally, to offset the lower purchase numbers).

Not at launch means it will be in the future ;)
Ask PS4 VR players how that worked out for them, or those waiting for multiple SRVs or landable volcanic planets during horizons or srv use in multicrew or .......... Let's just say features "not at launch " compared to features coming a little bit after launch is about as reassuring to me as the government saying we are absolutely NOT going to do something compared with "we have no current plans to do something" (one is a commitment the other potentially a platitude

Last edited:
Do they ? I dont know any more, I have found it great way to prune out the crazier posts by putting all these [VR] people straight on my ignore list
Jog on then!. What I don't get is why would you take in interest in a VR thread then if you have no interest in it? Was the OP not clear to you what the topic is concerning .

As for the OP sorry but not me. I don't mind putting VR on my title as a show of support but actually making the forum look uncomfortable for everyone else is a step to far and seems a bit like the digital equivalent of causing criminal damage at a protest.

Last edited:
Annoying the entire community is probably not the way to win them to our side, LOL.
64439317.jpg

Top Bottom