Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 - Downtime and Patch Notes

After this patch update I am going to restore my Universal Cartographics. Sell a system then see of my name is on that system. What I expect is that it will not be.

This game is BARELY an MMO, whoever made their billions the easy way good for them, I hope they purchased something shiny and new that makes them happy to play their game their way.
As long as FC's are persistent this DOES affect everyone. Even prior to the exploit its been borderline impossible to get into Skeggiko O for instance.
And its goina get MUCH worse with thousands more of theese clogging up spots you occasionally have to visit.
Claiming none of this would affect others is just ignorant.

They can simply write a query for their API and see whose wallet skyrocketed by billions in a manner of hours,
to then delete the excess money earned that way. And maybe dish out a week or so of ban for the offenders.
Some people sitting on 100's of times the money they would without exploits WILL affect future prices.

Humans have no effect on prices at all whatsoever.

It never ceases to amaze me just how ungrateful and entitled some people are.

If you know re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter is an exploit which allows you to accrue credits at a rate far in excess of anything else in the game, does it really come as a surprise that the developers move to stop this happening and try to ensure that the game is more balanced for all?

If it was an exploit, why aren't these credits taken away? It teaches players to abuse the ever living duck out of the next exploit that comes along, if you don't want to miss out. 🤷‍♂️

But the game's economy is in a state where it's hard to say what is or isn't an exploit anyway. And has been for a long time.

The new galactic average prices should be much more reflective of the actual prices you'd see across the galaxy. Primarily this will mean that Fleet Carrier owners have more reasonable upper and lower limits for each commodity they'd like to trade.

AWESOME

Of course we do, we can cause systems to go into drought or other states which in turn affects prices of commodities. With fleet carriers now able to compete with stations we will definitely affect things.

Have you ever done it personally? Do you know people who say they've done it?

I have no faith in the veracity of the background simulator, simply because at each turn a message was needed to inform FDEV to apply the expected change. It never happened by itself UNLESS it was already going to happen and we helped it along.

Have you ever done it personally? Do you know people who say they've done it?

I have no faith in the veracity of the background simulator, simply because at each turn a message was needed to inform FDEV to apply the expected change. It never happened by itself UNLESS it was already going to happen and we helped it along.
Yes, I am apart of a AD discord that has specific things we do to manipulate the BGS as well as Powerplay.

Greetings Commanders,

Today's patch brings a number of changes, primarily focusing on stability and Fleet Carrier fixes. These are due to go live at 10:00 UTC with 15 minutes of downtime expected.

Fleet Carriers
  • Setting a price for a commodity in the market management screen is now much faster.
  • Players can now use "-" when entering ship IDs.
  • Fixed an issue that placed Fleet Carriers in the barycentre when jumping to a binary system, even if space was present around the primary star.
  • Fixed an issue which could cause Fleet Carrier landing pads to be displaced.
  • Removed superpower faction logos from Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented SRVs from being restocked at Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed the timing so that when transferring a ship to a carrier the "Incoming Message" audio now plays at the same time as the message arrives rather than immediately upon requesting the transfer.
  • Fixed a problem with stolen mission cargo getting stuck after being sold to a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue positioning Fleet Carriers near stellar bodies with highly eccentric orbits.
  • Fixed some issues with bookmarking Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed an issue with Limpets sometimes not being restockable at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue with Fleet Carrier shipyards incorrectly interacting with Powerplay control system effects.
  • Fixed an issue causing ship inventory numbers to be displayed incorrectly after selling items to a Fleet Carrier.
Background Simulation
  • Adjusted the way Retreat and Expansion conflicts are resolved: The Retreat state will now be overridden if another faction attempts to expand into the retreating faction's star system by challenging them. The resulting conflict will still evict either the expanding or the previously retreating faction as normal
Mining
  • Surface and sub-surface deposits on asteroids will no longer immediately respawn when re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter.
Galaxy Map
  • Fixed an issue which stopped Squadron Bookmarks appearing.
Installations
  • Fixed an issue with combat bonds not being correctly awarded for scenario objectives when over four players contributed.
Commodities
  • Galactic average prices were updated.
Stability Changes
  • Fixed an Orange Sidewinder connection issue when dropping into an instance with a Starport and Carrier Vendor.
  • Fixed a crash when entering the Commodity Market on a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed a crash when entering Holo-Me customisation at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed a crash when purchasing a Fleet Carrier and immediately viewing it in the galaxy map.
ARX
  • Fixed a bug which meant that selected Fleet Carrier paint jobs would be removed when entering an instance.
Thanks for all of your feedback. Let us know how you find the changes and if any further issues arise!

o7
This is the BEST:
"Removed superpower faction logos from Fleet Carriers. "

Finally that imperial stain is gone!

Hello Bruce, thanks for the update and there was an error i reported but i guess its not fixed :(

before jumping on to the supercruise yet, selected as the FC target and jump and you will see that a different FC is selected when the supercruise arrives.

will this be fix next time?

o7
I think this happens when another FC enters or leaves the system while you're in SC, and the FC index that represents your intended target is not updated. They need to fix it, it's rather annoying.

Top Bottom