Release Laz's T.16000 M FCS HOTAS Bindings v1.1

Original Release

Welcome to the next release of my current setup. As before I felt things needed to change a little since the release of chapter four. Please see the previous post as to what this is exactly and why it matters to any T16k M FCS HOTAS owner. Also I apologize for the forum spam that will proceed this release as I am not able to edit my previous post for whatever reason, so all future updates (until that changes, if it does) will be done in a new post, followed up by a post in the previous release stating that there is an updat

That outta the way, here is what has changed and something to watch out for when using the HOTAS in chapter 4.

Changes:
  • Jettison Cargo is now Enter/Exit Full Spectrum Scanner. (Group 1 button 10 on PDF)
  • Play GalNet is now Switch Mode between combat and discovery. (Group 1 button 8 on PDF)
  • Disable/Enable orbit lines is now Night Vision Toggle. (Group 1 button 7)
  • Joy Hat-Switch UP now targets in FSS mode the object you are pointing at. This sets a marker on the target so when you leave you can fly your ship to the selected object.
  • Rotation Correction is now set to properly toggle.
  • Joy 4 on the main joy stick is set to toggle planet side view while in DSS.
Additions:
There have been multiple additions due to the release of FSS and DSS.
- While in FSS (Full Spectrum Scan)...
--- Firing send out the discovery scanner signal as it used to prior to the FSS addition.

--- Spectrum change is the joy stick on the throttle while moving the camera is controlled with the primary joy stick.
------- Spectrum change can also be controlled with the middle joy hat switch on the throttle

--- Zooming to a target is controlled on the throttle paddles.
------- Zooming can also be controlled with the top hat switch on the throttle

--- Joy 3 on main stick opens FSS help/tutorial.

--- Exit FSS by hitting joy 2 on main stick.

For DSS, you must assign it to its OWN firing group as if it's associated with anything else, while in discovery mode, it will not work properly with these bindings.
  • To activate DSS go to the firing group it is assigned to and hit the fire button on the joy stick
  • While in DSS (Detailed Surface Scan)...
--- Using the fire button on the joystick will fire the probe.
--- Clicking joy 4 will show the opposite side of the planet and what sectors are missing/awaiting probing.
--- Exit DSS by hitting joy 2 on main stick.

- Dead Zone has been added to ALL axis on the joy stick. Get familiar with them as they are quite small and allow for light hand resting on the main joy stick.

How do I install these bindings?
  1. Download the config file at the link below.
  2. If on windows copy the file to C:\Users\(USER NAME)\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings
  3. Start-up Elite and go to Options - Controls then select Laz's T16k M FCS HOTAS v1.1 Bindings from the drop down menu at the top of the screen.
  4. Click apply and you're all set! Double check your controls to make sure it saved!
DOWNLOADS VIA GOOGLE DRIVE
Release 1.1 - Complete Google Drive Folder
Release 1.1 - Config File
Release 1.1 - Black Background Pre-Mapped SHIP PDF
Release 1.1 - Black Background Pre-Mapped SRV PDF
Release 1.1 - White Background Pre-Mapped SHIP PDF - (for you printer friendly folk)
Release 1.1 - Blank, black background zero maps, PDF
Release 1.1 - Blank, white background, zero maps, PDF

SCREENSHOTS
No Locked Boxes
Locked Titles
Fully Locked PDF (NO PASSWORD REQUIRED)
Completely Blank PDF (Titles can be cleared)

All feedback on what should change is always welcome.
Enjoy!

Updates:
31MAY19 - Added a printer friendly version of the pre-mapped PDF. Nothing else has changed.
18JULY2020 - Added an SRV PDF per request. Nothing else has changed.
30AUG2023 - Modified credits slightly. Added a blank white version to be used as well.

Last edited:
Not in dropdown

Original Release

Welcome to the next release of my current setup. As before I felt things needed to change a little since the release of chapter four. Please see the previous post as to what this is exactly and why it matters to any T16k M FCS HOTAS owner. Also I apologize for the forum spam that will proceed this release as I am not able to edit my previous post for whatever reason, so all future updates (until that changes, if it does) will be done in a new post, followed up by a post in the previous release stating that there is an updat

That outta the way, here is what has changed and something to watch out for when using the HOTAS in chapter 4.

Changes:
- Jettison Cargo is now Enter/Exit Full Spectrum Scanner. (Group 1 button 10 on PDF)
- Play GalNet is now Switch Mode between combat and discovery. (Group 1 button 8 on PDF)
- Disable/Enable orbit lines is now Night Vision Toggle. (Group 1 button 7)
- Joy Hat-Switch UP now targets in FSS mode the object you are pointing at. This sets a marker on the target so when you leave you can fly your ship to the selected object.
- Rotation Correction is now set to properly toggle.
- Joy 4 on the main joy stick is set to toggle planet side view while in DSS.

Additions:
There have been multiple additions due to the release of FSS and DSS.
- While in FSS (Full Spectrum Scan)...
--- Firing send out the discovery scanner signal as it used to prior to the FSS addition.

--- Spectrum change is the joy stick on the throttle while moving the camera is controlled with the primary joy stick.
------- Spectrum change can also be controlled with the middle joy hat switch on the throttle

--- Zooming to a target is controlled on the throttle paddles.
------- Zooming can also be controlled with the top hat switch on the throttle

--- Joy 3 on main stick opens FSS help/tutorial.

--- Exit FSS by hitting joy 2 on main stick.

For DSS, you must assign it to its OWN firing group as if it's associated with anything else, while in discovery mode, it will not work properly with these bindings.
- To activate DSS go to the firing group it is assigned to and hit the fire button on the joy stick
- While in DSS (Detailed Surface Scan)...
--- Using the fire button on the joystick will fire the probe.
--- Clicking joy 4 will show the opposite side of the planet and what sectors are missing/awaiting probing.
--- Exit DSS by hitting joy 2 on main stick.

- Dead Zone has been added to ALL axis on the joy stick. Get familiar with them as they are quite small and allow for light hand resting on the main joy stick.

How do I install these bindings?
  1. Download the config file at the link below.
  2. If on windows copy the file to C:\Users\(USER NAME)\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings
  3. Start-up Elite and go to Options - Controls then select Laz's T16k M FCS HOTAS v1.1 Bindings from the drop down menu at the top of the screen.
  4. Click apply and you're all set! Double check your controls to make sure it saved!

DOWNLOADS VIA GOOGLE DRIVE
Release 1.1 - Pre-Mapped PDF
Release 1.1 - Blank, zero mapped, PDF

SCREENSHOTS
No Locked Boxes
Locked Titles
Fully Locked PDF (NO PASSWORD REQUIRED)
Completely Blank PDF (Titles can be cleared)

All feedback on what should change is always welcome.
Enjoy!

Hello Cmdr.
I copied and installed in bindings folder.
I am not seeing it in the dropdown options under Controls/Presets
Any ideas ?

Thanks and fly dangerous

Ps. I only have the Hotas Throttle. I use a Logitech joystick ( hotas failed on me ).

Last edited:
Hi o'moylan,

If you check your bindings folder you'll see an error file that ED creates when it loads IF it finds any bindings file that includes references to hardware that is missing.

The binding file provided by Laz was created using his HOTAS...so likely both the throttle AND joystick.
Because you have a different joystick, ED throws the error and marks the bind file unusable....hence you can't select it.

Clicker

Hi LazisOnline

Very god job. I use your mapping. But can you provide a pdf without this black backgroud, my printer don't like it :).

taloche

Edit : ok i found with PDFelement i can remove the background

Last edited:
Hi LazisOnline

Very god job. I use your mapping. But can you provide a pdf without this black backgroud, my printer don't like it :).

taloche

Edit : ok i found with PDFelement i can remove the background

This is done. Originally I had intended for it to simply be pulled up on a 2nd monitor, but if people would like to print it out more power for you there!

Click below to jump to the spot or to open the file to download.
NEW Release 1.1 - White Background Pre-Mapped PDF - (for you printer friendly folk)

I am a complete noob and just got the game and the 16000m. Should I use these bindings or the game defaults? Are these too advanced or the like?

I should add that I am playing in VR. Does that change things?

Sorry I don't come back here often these days. What I would do if I were you is verify the bindings all work as listed, and pull the picture up with virtual desktop and have it run ontop of the game (i think you can do this). I hope this helps! :) These aren't advanced bindings but are much MUCH easier to remember and use than the default.

@LszlsOnline: seems you've moved 1.1 literally to the trash - at least that what google drive tells me about your files. Is there an updated version?

I just saw this and immediately jumped into the drive. I have no clue how that happened but the files have been restored. Thank you for posting. I have no clue how long it has been like this either.

Hey there,
great work! Do you have a PDF for the SRV mappings too?
I can see about making this happen and adding the file. Sorry for the late reply. I am set to receive emails on this thread but idk why I am not. I might rebind some/move them around, and I'll update the config file then too as well.

EDIT: This is done. See below for direct link/quote. No config change was required.
Release 1.1 - Black Background Pre-Mapped SHIP PDF
Release 1.1 - Black Background Pre-Mapped SRV PDF
Release 1.1 - Blank, zero mapped, PDF
Release 1.1 - White Background Pre-Mapped PDF - (for you printer friendly folk)

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that Your Bindings are just OUTSTANDING !!! Really great job - much apprieciated !

Really appreciate that thank you. I do not think when space legs come out that I will be setting those up on the HOTAS but on mouse and keyboard - using my 60% so all binds will be on the keys surrounding the home row, but I will add my space legs config to the current config when the time comes.

This is the best, most complete mapping I have found! I just bought the T16000 FCS and it's an overwhelming experience to try to customize it at first, this gave me a 99% head start, plus SRV mapping! Thank you so much, commander! o7 See you starside.

Hi @Laz__ and hi all,

I playerd ED a while back on PS4/ PS5 and am used to the controller steering. Now, back on PC and owner of 16000m FCS, I downloaded the bindings. Very happy so far, with one question going around my head: if I understood it right, I should be able to navigate in the menus (Panels, while flying) with the Joy Hat, right?

Did I get that wrong (and navigating by keyboard is the way it's ment to be), or is there something wrong with my setup? Everything else seems to work great, just the panel thingy...

Thanks for any help, much appreciated :)
o7

Christian/ Waylandor

Hi @Laz__ and hi all,

I playerd ED a while back on PS4/ PS5 and am used to the controller steering. Now, back on PC and owner of 16000m FCS, I downloaded the bindings. Very happy so far, with one question going around my head: if I understood it right, I should be able to navigate in the menus (Panels, while flying) with the Joy Hat, right?

Did I get that wrong (and navigating by keyboard is the way it's ment to be), or is there something wrong with my setup? Everything else seems to work great, just the panel thingy...

Thanks for any help, much appreciated :)
o7

Christian/ Waylandor
It's been awhile since I used these myself, but I don't think I have these setup to be used to navigate the menus and just used my keyboard and mouse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom