Stop Auto Expiring Tickets in issue tracker please, these problems listed here are not fixed

And again issues have been auto expired and havent even been looked at yet, why do we have to keep recreating tickets if nothing is done with it ? I know its a busy time with the virus and working at home but then shut off this auto expiring thing. Following issues i reported have not been fixed or even looked at.

Shops Showing Wrong training level

Entrance gates spawning guests bug

Short freezes but no fps drop

Monkeys escaping by using enrichment boxes

Extreme Lag Closing Screens

Audio guides not being sold

And im sure others also had tickets closed while not even fixed or looked at, so please stop the automated expiring of tickets as it not only causes frustration but also causes multiple ticket making of the same issue. I for one am tired of having to keep making the same tickets over and over again and am not even going to bother anymore with it.

Last edited:
And im sure others also had tickets closed while not even fixed or looked at, so please stop the automated expiring of tickets as it not only causes frustration but also causes multiple ticket making of the same issue. I for one am tired of having to keep making the same tickets over and over again and am not even going to bother anymore with it.

I totally agree with this. There are so many expired issues (also almost all of mine), while almost none are fixed. Also when the ticket is 'expired' others can't comment to it :(

The browser on my work-pc doesn't allow me to open these links but judging from the titles 1 or 2 have been addressed by other players as well.
Maybe they just focus on the most popular ticket of the same issue ?

I think multiple tickets of the same issue, is the reason why a lot of tickets aren't being looked at. (most people don't bother to use the search option)
Too many incomplete tickets (no specs mentioned), very unclear tickets or personal hardware issues don't make it easier to work with this.
Or people create a ticket because they have a personal issue with the game.
There are a lot of tickets that are basically useless because people don't fill in all the fields. (like if you lag a lot, but don't fill in your internet speed)

Personally only sent a few issues, some other users commented as well but they expired anyway.

Our Issue Tracker has an FAQ to explain the way it works, but here's what it has to say on why issues expire:

Why do some issues expire?

To help keep the Issue Tracker concise and allow players to easily find issues affecting a number of people, reports will expire after an allocated time frame. This allows all reports a set amount of time to be confirmed by the player base before expiring. This ensures that important issues float to the top, and are not hidden by noise and duplicate reports of confirmed or fixed issues. This does not mean we are ignoring issues – we still monitor the Issue Tracker daily and will pick up any critical issues along the way.

You can read more about the Issue Tracker, and how best to utilise it, here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/faqs

Personally only sent a few issues, some other users commented as well but they expired anyway.

The problem with this is that the comments don't count if they aren't send in as a contribution. When I submitted the whole ATM-endless-shopping-bug it had several comments from players with the same problem but since they were not submitted as a contribution they didn't count. Thankfully it was looked into anyway since I posted it here as well and it was noticed on the forums.

The search option for the tracker also isn't great. Like I keep getting results that have nothing to do with what I'm looking for even though I know there are tickets for that issue, meaning it's not really helpful in the first place.

In short: personally I much prefer the good old bug report forums to the tedious and unreliable issue tracker.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Thank you, @Factabulous!

I would like to state that just because the issue expires does not mean it is not being looked into.

The Issue Tracker FAQ explains this:

To help keep the Issue Tracker concise and allow players to easily find issues affecting a number of people, reports will expire after an allocated time frame. This allows all reports a set amount of time to be confirmed by the player base before expiring. This ensures that important issues float to the top, and are not hidden by noise and duplicate reports of confirmed or fixed issues. This does not mean we are ignoring issues – we still monitor the Issue Tracker daily and will pick up any critical issues along the way.

@FunGaming, saying that "im sure others also had tickets closed while not even fixed or looked at" is absolutely not true. The team prioritise critical issues, but that doesn't mean they aren't avidly fixing the 'smaller' bugs that we are well aware can be very pesky. Since the release of Planet Zoo, we have resolved many of these smaller bugs and are still working on more. Thanks for sharing this thread on issues you'd like us to look into, but please don't spread misinformation when the team have been working vigilantly, even during this difficult time, to continue to resolve issues.

Have you been in contact with Customer Support at all?

Thank you, @Factabulous.

I would once again like to state that just because the issue expires does not mean it is not being looked into.

I understand that but it also means we have to remake a new issue ticket otherwise it ends up all the way on the bottom,some of these expired tickets are serious issues that people post and they get expired and end up at the bottom. Would be much more usefull if a ticket is only closed if its looked into.

The search option for the tracker also isn't great. Like I keep getting results that have nothing to do with what I'm looking for even though I know there are tickets for that issue, meaning it's not really helpful in the first place.

In short: personally I much prefer the good old bug report forums to the tedious and unreliable issue tracker.

I actually think the tracker works good. So I can't relate to that - I can find anything I want in a very short time.
I think you would encounter the same issue on a bug report forum as well. People don't use the search bar most times or are unable to give a proper title to their issue.

As you can see, one prefers the forum - one prefers the tracker. :D

I think it's wise to check your own setup before reporting at issues.

How many contributions does an issue need before it becomes confirmed? Some of the "confirming" issues I've posted have three contributions already, and they still haven't transitioned to confirmed status. Strange...
A bit curious about this one as well..

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
How many contributions does an issue need before it becomes confirmed? Some of the "confirming" issues I've posted have three contributions already, and they still haven't transitioned to confirmed status. Strange...
From the FAQ page:
The thresholds are:
  • Three independent reproductions on Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo, and Jurassic World: Evolution.
----------------
Emphasis on "reproductions" so if anyone comments on a report they would have to click on "can reproduce" or it won't count towards the 3 needed.

Okay, thank you! That means most of the comments/contributions on my issues won't count, unfortunately.
That is exactly where one of the huge problems is, most people just comment that they have the same issue because its reproduced exactly the same way as the person who made the ticket. I really hope they will do something with the issue tracker so those comments also count or take off the auto experiation completely. First time I seen a support thing that even uses autoexperiation to begin with, if I look at companies like EA, 2K, Ubisoft just to name a couple they dont close a ticket until its either fixed, answered or looked into atleast. In anycase i hope something gets done so the issue tracker can be used more productively then how it is now.

Thank you, @Factabulous!

I would like to state that just because the issue expires does not mean it is not being looked into.

@FunGaming, saying that "im sure others also had tickets closed while not even fixed or looked at" is absolutely not true. The team prioritise critical issues, but that doesn't mean they aren't avidly fixing the 'smaller' bugs that we are well aware can be very pesky. Since the release of Planet Zoo, we have resolved many of these smaller bugs and are still working on more. Thanks for sharing this thread on issues you'd like us to look into, but please don't spread misinformation when the team have been working vigilantly, even during this difficult time, to continue to resolve issues.

Have you been in contact with Customer Support at all?
On a related note, I create an issue then two other people create duplicate issues. My issue is removed as a "duplicate", and the effort I put into it is wasted. If my issue was moved to be a comment of the remaining one then at least the issue would (as I understand it) get the 'importance' it deserves. As it stands I have to enter a comment myself, which I'm increasingly not bothered to do due to effort divided by likelihood of action (multiplied by the back button not working properly).

To add to this, I've just noticed that the Dall Sheep leucism/albinism issue has expired. This was first posted ( https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/11298 ) December 18th. It was posted again on April 8th shortly after patch 1.2 gave us the genealogy window ( https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/14010 ) - Contrary to the information above about 3 confirmations, this issue did have at least that many, but never progressed to the Voting stage. It's a little frustrating that the comments, often with detailed explanations about reproduction, are all removed when the Issue moves to Expired.

To add to this, I've just noticed that the Dall Sheep leucism/albinism issue has expired. This was first posted ( https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/11298 ) December 18th. It was posted again on April 8th shortly after patch 1.2 gave us the genealogy window ( https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/14010 ) - Contrary to the information above about 3 confirmations, this issue did have at least that many, but never progressed to the Voting stage. It's a little frustrating that the comments, often with detailed explanations about reproduction, are all removed when the Issue moves to Expired.
Exactly, it's beyond crazy to expire problems that aint fixed yet. Atleast let us reactivate them or something.

Entrance gates spawning guests bug
On a different note, I have observed that guests that have lost navigation respawn at the gates, either to continue what they were doing or leave the zoo entirely after respawning. This might explain the majority of gate spawns from my experience unless there is another reason I don't know of. Hope it helps!

On a different note, I have observed that guests that have lost navigation respawn at the gates, either to continue what they were doing or leave the zoo entirely after respawning. This might explain the majority of gate spawns from my experience unless there is another reason I don't know of. Hope it helps!
Noticed the same thing, happens a lot more then it use to do

I dealt with this for years in Elite Dangerous. I've long given up submitting bug reports because of it.
That is why i also stoped with reporting issues for planet zoo. All the reports i did were expired without being fixed, just like most of the other reports of people... After months most of the bugs arent even fixed but the reports are expired :/

I mean: what is the point of reporting bugs if they expire without being fixed (after months) :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom