PvP Pvp is a joke

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Whenever I get hit with 95% accuracy while myself I'm pulling all sorts of evasive moves, I say to myself " Ohhh look, another relative mouse jokey". Then I start to imagine an ingame commander sitting in the cockpit and in place of his HOTAS controls there is a mouse and keyboard. This is really bad and unfair to pvp hotas users. And before you get any notion of "explaining" to me how relative mouse and Hotas works remember this. I have more pvp time than you have hours in the game. This is not just an opinion, or my two cents. This is just fact. I play VR and I am not able to use K+M due to the fact that it is lame. I don't really care why relative mouse is superior. Some say is software counter thrust, some say the previous people are idiots. I don't care. It is superior. And I would understand of this was Counter Strike or PubG. It is not. The Cmdr sitting in his cockpit has in front of him a hotas NOT A DAMN MOUSE AND KEYBORD. I really don't care how but tjis needs to be fixed. This is not an FPS. The so called PVP-ers even want an inflight toggle for easy mode. The only pvp-ers I have respect for are the guys using HOTAS. Fix your stuff FD. I don't care about bugs or crashes as every game has them, but when the mechanics are busted I have a problem. As 90 percent of the pvp-ers use easy mode relative mouse...yeah, pvp in this game is a joke.

Whenever I get hit with 95% accuracy while myself I'm pulling all sorts of evasive moves, I say to myself " Ohhh look, another relative mouse jokey". Then I start to imagine an ingame commander sitting in the cockpit and in place of his HOTAS controls there is a mouse and keyboard. This is really bad and unfair to pvp hotas users. And before you get any notion of "explaining" to me how relative mouse and Hotas works remember this. I have more pvp time than you have hours in the game. This is not just an opinion, or my two cents. This is just fact. I play VR and I am not able to use K+M due to the fact that it is lame. I don't really care why relative mouse is superior. Some say is software counter thrust, some say the previous people are idiots. I don't care. It is superior. And I would understand of this was Counter Strike or PubG. It is not. The Cmdr sitting in his cockpit has in front of him a hotas NOT A DAMN MOUSE AND KEYBORD. I really don't care how but tjis needs to be fixed. This is not an FPS. The so called PVP-ers even want an inflight toggle for easy mode. The only pvp-ers I have respect for are the guys using HOTAS. Fix your stuff FD. I don't care about bugs or crashes as every game has them, but when the mechanics are busted I have a problem. As 90 percent of the pvp-ers use easy mode relative mouse...yeah, pvp in this game is a joke.
Uh....DOOD.
Thanks for the rant, now have some popcorn.

You DO get that people in this game have tens of thousands of hours in Elite Dangerous playing, fighting and practicing in PvP?
I personally fly a cheapass Logitech joystick with keyboard and am at least between 65-75% on my win/loss percentage against Players.
Maybe you should stop complaining about equipment and start developing your SKILLS.

I REALLY don't care what control system you use. if you are NOT a better fighter than me, I am going to beat you in PvP. And judging by your post, you are NOT a very good fighter. You actually think that control systems have a bearing on the matter.

When I am teaching new students in helicopter training (I am a flying instructor in RL) I sometimes have to tell people "The R-22 is a VERY small helicopter. Leave your damn attitude in your locker. There's no room for it in the air."

Leave your damn attitude at the door, dude. You're preaching to people who have THOUSANDS of hours developing the precise skills you're complaining about. Stop ranting, shut up and LEARN from those who are very willing to teach.

Last edited:

it is, but not for any of those reasons.

it is a joke because it lacks a proper and solid network implementation, has totally jarring instancing and is open to trivial cheats. elite was never meant to be a pvp game (marketing might be misleading) but a lifestyle game including some degree of pvp flavor. it's just good enough to pvp for fun. which is fun, but ... way to get worked up over a joke! take pvp seriously on joke pvp implementations at your own peril.

One thing I learned very early on in ED, is that no matter how great I want to be, thought I should be, and dreamed of being at combat, I wasn't. Fact is, as much as I want to be a top gun, I ain't. And I'm very sure it's not my HOTAS.
It's probably not your HOTAS, but your HOTAS is likely not helping. Combat does seem to favor the KB&M in my opinion. Though that is something that can and will be argued by people that do a lot more combat flying than I do. Is PvP, or combat in general, a joke because of this? No. Using a sub-optimal control scheme is a choice.
Personally, I prefer HOTAS because they help with the illusion I am flying a space ship. HOTAS is more fun for me.

It's probably not your HOTAS, but your HOTAS is likely not helping. Combat does seem to favor the KB&M in my opinion. Though that is something that can and will be argued by people that do a lot more combat flying than I do. Is PvP, or combat in general, a joke because of this? No. Using a sub-optimal control scheme is a choice.
Personally, I prefer HOTAS because they help with the illusion I am flying a space ship. HOTAS is more fun for me.
Actually, I was refering to myself. It's just the reality of it. I just ain't very good at it. I could probably get somewhat better, but it would probably cost me 2-3 more HOTOS;) And I'm OK with it, I rather prefer exploration.

I agree 100% OP. This is a spaceship flying game and you fly a spaceship with a HOTAS. The mouse should only work in the menus. Just as in racing simulators. If you want to race, you go out and buy yourself a steering wheel. If you can't afford one, too efffin bad! Go play Mario Cart with your keyboard. The keyboard flight controls can stay because you need to have something but if that's all you have, sucks to be you. What about the console players you whine? They all support HOTAS, go buy one. With 24 years of FPS behind me, I am perfectly devastating with Kb/M so spare me the gitgud. I just hate having it in Elite where it has no place. In short, level the playing field. Does this post sound arrogant? Good because it is and I don't care. You caught me in my rabid wolf mood.
X.

I agree 100% OP. This is a spaceship flying game and you fly a spaceship with a HOTAS. The mouse should only work in the menus. Just as in racing simulators. If you want to race, you go out and buy yourself a steering wheel. If you can't afford one, too efffin bad! Go play Mario Cart with your keyboard. The keyboard flight controls can stay because you need to have something but if that's all you have, sucks to be you. What about the console players you whine? They all support HOTAS, go buy one. With 24 years of FPS behind me, I am perfectly devastating with Kb/M so spare me the gitgud. I just hate having it in Elite where it has no place. In short, level the playing field. Does this post sound arrogant? Good because it is and I don't care. You caught me in my rabid wolf mood.
X.
The field is level. Everyone has access to KB&M on PC. It's a choice to use it or not. If they decide not to use it because they prefer HOTAS, or Xbox/PS controller, too bad! Go play X-plane with your HOTAS.
In all seriousness, use what you prefer, but don't complain just because your preference is the sub-optimal one.

I prefer HOTAS myself. However, I accept that it may not be the best control option available for combat.

The field is level. Everyone has access to KB&M on PC. It's a choice to use it or not. If they decide not to use it because they prefer HOTAS, or Xbox/PS controller, too bad! Go play X-plane with your HOTAS. In all seriousness, use what you prefer, but don't complain just because your preference is the sub-optimal one.
I prefer HOTAS myself. However, I accept that it may not be the best control option available for combat.

Blah blah blah. You are on the dark side. Join our new HOTAS only private PVP group!

I'm a hotas user. Let's fight.

Deleted member 192138

D
Whenever I get hit with 95% accuracy while myself I'm pulling all sorts of evasive moves, I say to myself " Ohhh look, another HOTAS jokey". Then I start to imagine an ingame commander sitting in the cockpit and in place of his HOTAS controls there is a gamepad. This is really bad and unfair to pvp gamepad users. And before you get any notion of "explaining" to me how HOTAS and gamepad works remember this. I have more pvp time than you have hours in the game. This is not just an opinion, or my two cents. This is just fact. I play covered in pizza dust and beer stains on the couch and I am not able to use HOTAS due to the fact that it is lame. I don't really care why HOTAS is superior. Some say is mechanically more precise, some say the previous people are idiots. I don't care. It is superior. And I would understand of this was IL2 or DCS. It is not. The Cmdr sitting in his cockpit has in front of him a hotas NOT A DAMN GAMEPAD. I really don't care how but tjis needs to be fixed. This is not a realistic flight sim. The so called PVP-ers don't even want an inflight toggle for easy mode. The only pvp-ers I have respect for are the guys using gamepad. Fix your stuff FD. I don't care about bugs or crashes as every game has them, but when the mechanics are busted I have a problem. As 90 percent of the pvp-ers use easy mode HOTAS...yeah, pvp in this game is a joke.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom