Newcomer / Intro Dav's Hope

It's well worth the trip in my view if you don't mind relogging to run a new lap. It's especially good for mid-level manufactured mats.

I've done it a few times over the years. I didn't even feel dirty :)

Regardless of whether you think it is fruit hanging too low, one time at least for the lore.

Is this site still good for manufactured materials? I thought I heard it had been nerfed at some point?
I am there currently and it still works fine unless you are in open in which case it is likely that someone else will be going round and scooping up the goodies before you get to them.
If you actually want the materials solo is the way to go.

It's well worth the trip in my view if you don't mind relogging to run a new lap. It's especially good for mid-level manufactured mats.

I've done it a few times over the years. I didn't even feel dirty :)

Regardless of whether you think it is fruit hanging too low, one time at least for the lore.

I too have done it a few times. I've never understood why some folks get their panties all wadded up when this game isn't played according to their rules. Weird.

I got really bored with a crashed Conda site and decided relog wasnt much fun so went much further afield and filled all my top grade raws , manufactured I get in CZ,s easy peasy

I too have done it a few times. I've never understood why some folks get their panties all wadded up when this game isn't played according to their rules. Weird.
Mode switching or whatever to get materials to appear at Dav’s Hope feels a little like gaming until you think it through and realise that there shouldn’t be anything left there now except the structures and the signals as all the materials would have been collected 4 years ago.

There are, if I remember, 5 data points to scan for a background story, and a beacon near the big placard. This latter can be scanned using your data scanner in SRV turret mode. Once the scan completed, it gives a chance of earning certain encoded materials.

As you approach the beacon, you'll see it rise from its housing. Target the top, hit your data scanner button - and you need to assign the scanner in a fire group.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly you have to scan the main datapoint by the main large sign to get the materials to drop on the site. Then you relog and scan again and collect. Apart from this scan and the materials dropped what other materials are available and where?

I am here now. It is pretty dire really. Lots of common and standard with the occasional rare and sometimes a few rare.

So how do I get my sticky hands on very rare manufactured materials?

I have done 10 laps here and have probably gained 350 items but just a few rare items. I reckon that averaging 2 rare per run with 3 items in each then I have got 60 rare for 10 laps. No very rare so far and unlikely for there to be any.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly you have to scan the main datapoint by the main large sign to get the materials to drop on the site. Then you relog and scan again and collect. Apart from this scan and the materials dropped what other materials are available and where?
If I may quote myself I think I misunderstood. I now dont think you have to scan the main beacon to release the items I think they are there as soon as you relog? I get a couple of common encoded and I think they are from scanning the beacon?

Honestly if you want manufactured mats you're probably much better off trying to find high grade emissions. The returns are far greater. Also go after level 4/5 stuff and leave the rest, it just takes way too long.

I wonder what the record is for the most laps at one visit? I am on 13 and it is pretty mind numbing! I am goping to time myself and have stopped scanning the beacon and sure enough the items are there without scanning. The encoded you get are standard and very common. So cant be Ar*ed to take the time. If I do 20 laps then it will be 700 items that I may use at some point. 120 rare will be useful though. Depends how long a lap takes and therefore the total time spent on laps..

Thwarptide

Banned
I am here now. It is pretty dire really. Lots of common and standard with the occasional rare and sometimes a few rare.

So how do I get my sticky hands on very rare manufactured materials?

I have done 10 laps here and have probably gained 350 items but just a few rare items. I reckon that averaging 2 rare per run with 3 items in each then I have got 60 rare for 10 laps. No very rare so far and unlikely for there to be any.
Well, you can always take the stuff you don't need to a material trader and get the stuff you do need.

Top Bottom