OK ... This is now a problem

After unexpectedly finding myself with a bit of free time on my hands just now I thought I'd have another crack at logging on to sell the LTDs I've had in the hold all week. I was rather surprised and indeed delighted to find that I could not only log in, but also jump to Borann 2 without freezing or even a stutter, and what's more I could actually sell them all on a carrier whose demand & price matched what it said on INARA.

I'm of course aware that, given the success I've had recently, all stars must have perfectly aligned for me for this short moment and this probably won't be the case for anybody else. Still, on the off-chance that somebody at FD has taken a spanner to the servers and others might also have some luck I thought I'd mention it just in case like.

I disagree. At the time it was made it was probably fair cap. You can only say that it is no longer a reasonable cap but then the needs of the system have changed dramatically over the years.

Hindsight is alway 20-20.
Yeah, well thinking you're right and actually being right goes for forum posts as well as devs without forsight.

On PS4 here. Started getting Mauve Adder only a few weeks ago, only on one of two PS4s on the same router. Started to get FSD animation lag/looping on both Supercruise drops and system to system jumps. Then last straw was jumping to a popular system, intersystem animation started looping and wouldn't complete the jump. Only recourse was to close the application. Now if I can get a cockpit to load all the graphics are in nano speed slow motion, and menu pull ups are all minutes to draw. Problem follows account from machine to machine. Definitely a server side issue.. I think we're just going to have to try relogging once a day till we see it fixed. No reply on trouble ticket yet. 8(

Last edited:
I've been playing almost exclusively on private group and solo. My locked up position is persistent from machine to machine and doesn't change with game type. Solo, open or private. Only got the game to perform while in training mode.

it's been pretty much unplayable for me in the last hour around 6-7 disconnects across 2 cmdrs in 2 different areas of the galaxy neither of them near the bubble or new borran. (one around 2000 ly from the bubble and the other in the colonia region).

This is what happens when you dont invest in decent servers
For the last week I've not had a single problem aside from the losing lock when entering super cruise. I'd say that it's not the servers since if it were, everyone would be having problems all the time, and they are not.

If I were to guess I'd say that it is exactly what it says it is, a connection error. Now as to the cause of said connection error, well that's another thing.

For the last week I've not had a single problem aside from the losing lock when entering super cruise. I'd say that it's not the servers since if it were, everyone would be having problems all the time, and they are not.

If I were to guess I'd say that it is exactly what it says it is, a connection error. Now as to the cause of said connection error, well that's another thing.

Here we go with the sample size of one again.

I'm truly happy that you haven't had these issues, cmdr. However, some other players do experience them and rather severly at that. That should be irrefutable by now. If enough players seem to encounter problems it should raise the attention of the developers to at least look into what's causing them, if there indeed is a cause or if all of us that have become stuck are just delusional, liars or just pure unlucky. Either way, they should investigate and so far I've seen zero evidence that they even care half a toss and seem to be just waiting for the issue to resolve itself. Which is strategy I guess. Until it happens the next time. And the next time, and the... you get the idea.

So to the original point - it does seem that Frontier should at least investigate if their current server setup is enough given the introduction and increased game data transfers caused by the FC's.

I'm truly happy that you haven't had these issues, cmdr. However, some other players do experience them and rather severly at that. That should be irrefutable by now. If enough players seem to encounter problems it should raise the attention of the developers to at least look into what's causing them, if there indeed is a cause or if all of us that have become stuck are just delusional, liars or just pure unlucky. Either way, they should investigate and so far I've seen zero evidence that they even care half a toss and seem to be just waiting for the issue to resolve itself. Which is strategy I guess. Until it happens the next time. And the next time, and the... you get the idea.

So to the original point - it does seem that Frontier should at least investigate if their current server setup is enough given the introduction and increased game data transfers caused by the FC's.

Considering how they made it so new players can get end game content in under a week, as well as enough money to never need money again in game, I'd say they definitely do not care anymore. So don't get your hopes up

Considering how they made it so new players can get end game content in under a week, as well as enough money to never need it again, I'd say they definitely do not care anymore. So don't get your hopes up

I don't judge what players do in the game. Not every action can be foreseen by Frontier either, to be fair. Things have a way of growing in unintended directions as any engineer will testify to. I also don't mind someone getting an FC and I don't think it's necessarily end game content though I understand why others would. It's one part of content that happens to be expensive and the funds are not that hard to come by if you know how to get them.

My only point is that if you're selling a game and a service to clients you should do your damndest best to guarantee these people a decent uptime or at least a working error reporting service to deal with bugs. All other serious game companies do it, why is this lot an exception?

Last edited:

Interesting. I'm not refuting that the errors do not exist, that is you putting words into my mouth. I was disagreeing with your simplistic conclusion, pointing out that since there is at least one person not having the problem and there are report from other players also not having the problem either at all or no longer, the cause is not just a simple flat statement "it's there servers' as though you had some god-like power to determine these things from the scarce data we have.

And I'm not saying that it isn't the servers either. If you read my posts carefully you'll see that what I am saying, and I'll repeat it again for the hard of hearing, is that it is not just the servers. There are, fairly obviously, connection errors involved as well but as the the cause of these, well I'm sure that FDev are busy finding out and trying to rectify it.

There is a saying that you should take to heart at all times. "Lack of Evidence is Not Evidence of Lack" or LENEL for short.

Just because you don't see FDev doing anything does not mean that they are not, just that you do not see anything

As for "...it does seem that Frontier should at least investigate...", where is the proof that they are not? Proof, that is not conjecture from uninformed players.

I don't judge what players do in the game. Not every action can be foreseen by Frontier either, to be fair. Things have a way of growing in unintended directions as any engineer will testify to. I also don't mind someone getting an FC and I don't think it's necessarily end game content though I understand why others would. It's one part of content that happens to be expensive and the funds are not that hard to come by if you know how to get them.
Ah, I see. It's not okay to judge new players but it is okay to judge FDev?

Hypocrite.

My only point is that if you're selling a game and a service to clients you should do your damndest best to guarantee these people a decent uptime or at least a working error reporting service to deal with bugs. All other serious game companies do it, why is this lot an exception?
Lack of Evidence is Not Evidence of Lack.

Here's a funny thing

Not a word from our newly appointed Lead Community Manager... nothing, zip, zilch!
So Arthur, any thoughts on this problem, after all it does seem to be affecting some (those that can be bothered to report it/complain and presumably those that can't be bothered so play something else) of the community.

We had a Twelve page welcome mat for you... what about now?

I'm having this issue you as well. Did a bug report and got the same answer, a link to work on connection issues. I just avoid heavily populated areas now. It was so bad a couple of times that I couldn't even get out of the system before it crashed. When traffic diminished (an off time) I was able to get my avatar out.

Ah, I see. It's not okay to judge new players but it is okay to judge FDev?

Hypocrite.

Not sure you want to go into the useless discussion that will now follow when we go into the details of this particular exchange, but to clarify: I never said I don't judge all people, I simply said that I judge FDEV for being absent from problem solving in this case, which is no way an unreasonable statement. Using my ability to judge people, situations and events based on different parameters of those situations doesn't make me a hypocrite, as little as it would make you one.

It does however suggest you're a rather unpleasant sort of chap calling me names. If you have any personal beefs with me (that contribute something other than ad hominem attacks) I suggest you take it up in a personal discussion which won't be off topic to this thread. If not, please refrain from making me the target of your keyboard warrior cravings, thank you very much.

Top Bottom