• Turret gameplay
  • New Targeting Method

OK, so I guess they want everyone to go test out comba-

Patch notes said:
Known Issues
  • Targeting another ship will cause the client to crash
  • Targeting pips are missing

EDIT: Dammit, pipped by Asp 🤣

new and never done before griefer protection methods!

Just imagine the dedicated Org immersion gameplay!

"Beige 3 to Beige leader - I have bogeys on my 6, coming in hot!"
"Avocado Actual to Amazing Avocado Seal Teams - we got hostiles!"
"Identified! It's Sovapid's Slyly Senseless Supreme Slaughterers - engage those scum and we'll show them who's the real TuffGuy's of the 'Verse!"
"erm - TuffGuy refunded, remember?"
"Nevermind! Stay on target, stay on target....."

StarCitizen.exe has stopped responding

My question was towards your trust in CIG after 8 years of failing to develop a competitive flight model. I wanted to know why, despite "I don't know if they will achieve this" you still show a lot of faith in CIG?

I say "I don't know" because what I know is I am unable to judge the flight model because I am not a true pilot gamers. I've never played a real complex flight sim like Flight Simulator or DCS.
I like it in SC and I like it in ED. But I listen to everyone here saying the actual flight model of SC is bad. So, at least from your point of view, there is something to achieve for CIG.

A big revamp of it is coming in the next patchs, perhaps you will find it better.

I am confident on what CIG is able to achieve from what I see in CAD, tech videos, etc and what have be done already. I'm also confident because I play the alpha and I like it in its actual state (when it doesn't crash). And finally I'm confident because CIG is in a good financial state, they have secured time to get ridd of bugs and add more gameplays in the alpha.

I am confident on what CIG is able to achieve from what I see in CAD, tech videos, etc and what have be done already. I'm also confident because I play the alpha and I like it in its actual state (when it doesn't crash). And finally I'm confident because CIG is in a good financial state, they have secured time to get ridd of bugs and add more gameplays in the alpha.
Thanks for the answer.

And finally I'm confident because CIG is in a good financial state, they have secured time to get ridd of bugs and add more gameplays in the alpha.

Um, not meaning to dog on you, but the investments they've received may well involve hard deadlines for publishing. (Such as the apparent push for a SQ42 release). IE the investors will want a return on the investment within a reasonable timeframe, most likely.

Given how many core functions are still in a prototype stage, this may not = time to turn them into a quality project. At least as far as the SQ42 release goes.

Essentially, CIG has a publisher now ;)

I haven't said their are good at this. FDev is certainly better than CIG at it. But comparing principles in an alpha testing phase to principles in a released game is of no use.
And SC is a lot more complex than ED, the scope isn't the same (FLIGHT atmo/space + EVA + FPS). The EVA + FPS part doesn't help to fix those principles.
They are selling it to the public for cash. That asks for public ratings - no matter the alpha label they always pull from their rear as cheap excuse.

Um, not meaning to dog on you, but the investments they've received may well involve hard deadlines for publishing. (Such as the apparent push for a SQ42 release). IE the investors will want a return on the investment within a reasonable timeframe, most likely.

Given how many core functions are still in a prototype stage, this may not = time to turn them into a quality project. At least as far as the SQ42 release goes.

Essentially, CIG has a publisher now ;)
Investor is not the same as publisher. You and me doesn't know what's in the contract between CIG and the Calder's family. Perhaps I've missed the news where Calder was announced as the publisher of SQ42 ?

CIG has to release SQ42 fast because the backers will not wait longer for the solo game.
All core functions for the solo game are visible in the PU. The solo campaign is a military story, no need of trading gameplay and a lot of stuff specific to PU... Even the "bad" AI is ready. When you start a fresh server in the PU with just few players, the AI is good (no T pose, no one standing on chair and ennemy shooting at you as soon as they see you). The bad AI is relative to the AI server for multiplayer that struggle to keep the AI quality with time and the number of players. When you connect to a server you can say if it's a fresh or an old one by counting the NPC standing on chair.

The poorly functional flight model has serious ramifications for the rest of the project. Look at its influence on SQ56. Distances, weapon balance, opponent numbers, scale and sizing...all these things hinge on the FM for balance and play purposes. And that's just the tip.

If sq42 releases in the foreseeable future with what we have now it's going to be panned, and that will be a death sentence for the studio.

I'm legitimately surprised that more people aren't screaming about this on spectrum.

To sum it up: "This is fine".
This.

Though some would probably tell you that if so many collateral features are broken or half baked in the PU, it's to avoid spoiling players and that there's a secret build where everything is almost perfect already.

I fired my last and only ever iPhone out of clay pidgeon trap and shot it full of size 7 birdshot because it didn't have a 'back' button. I claimed on the insurance and replaced it with a proper phone that did have a 'back' button...so far, I've not found reason to shoot at it ;)

That doesn't sound like the impact between the iPhone and the #7 was neither unintended nor unforeseen...

Investor is not the same as publisher. You and me doesn't know what's in the contract between CIG and the Calder's family. Perhaps I've missed the news where Calder was announced as the publisher of SQ42 ?

CIG has to release SQ42 fast because the backers will not wait longer for the solo game.
All core functions for the solo game are visible in the PU. The solo campaign is a military story, no need of trading gameplay and a lot of stuff specific to PU... Even the "bad" AI is ready. When you start a fresh server in the PU with just few players, the AI is good (no T pose, no one standing on chair and ennemy shooting at you as soon as they see you). The bad AI is relative to the AI server for multiplayer that struggle to keep the AI quality with time and the number of players. When you connect to a server you can say if it's a fresh or an old one by counting the NPC standing on chair.
Calder isnt just investor - he's private equity and came with a tough contract.

Their are late on the beta (as usual).
I will say a closed beta starting in 3 months for a release at the end of 2021.

Can your share us fine extracts of this contract ?

Comning from you, willing to believe people when they say anything without evidence? Why the double standard?

.....(dreams)....

And finally I'm confident because CIG is in a good financial state, they have secured time to get ridd of bugs and add more gameplays in the alpha.

Facts
Therefore they needed this investment from the Calders ? By The numbers from CI -g they where bankrupt 2018? Was it ~7 Million in cash on the bank? Can’t remember. Most of the $300 Million Dollars Are,spend. They spend it for wages coffee machines space doors and a super mansion and the actor training for the VIP of marketing. Open your eyes.

Their are late on the beta (as usual).
I will say a closed beta starting in 3 months for a release at the end of 2021.

Can your share us fine extracts of this contract ?
Can you share fine exerpts of the publisher contracts you refered to? We have discussed possible conditions of such contracts here. Do you know what a private equity investor does?

Top Bottom