Ships Federal Corvette PvE Murder-vette feedback, thoughts and opinions

so iv been playing around on coriolis.io to see what sort of doom machine i could come up with to build once i unlock enough engineers and grind the mats (also because i need something to look forward to for all the grinding)
this... Thing is what i came up with:
what do you all think about it? is there anything that needs to be changed?
the reason why i chose short range on the weps is because thats my preferred engagement distance and because i don't like to have more then 1s of flight time for projectile weapons and also the damage boost on them
the AMFUs and repair limpets are so i can repair in-field and not have to go back to a station or my carrier for repairs
the point defenses are so i don't have to worry about mines, missiles or torpedoes

Here's mine. No need for afmu since it almost never loses its shield. With an elite npc pilot, i can do assassination missions, combat zones, fight security ships till atr arrives, even withstand a few hits from atr till it jumps out. Has never let me down, coming close to 3 billion bounty now! ;)

Last edited:
so iv been playing around on coriolis.io to see what sort of doom machine i could come up with to build once i unlock enough engineers and grind the mats (also because i need something to look forward to for all the grinding)
this... Thing is what i came up with:
what do you all think about it? is there anything that needs to be changed?
the reason why i chose short range on the weps is because thats my preferred engagement distance and because i don't like to have more then 1s of flight time for projectile weapons and also the damage boost on them
the AMFUs and repair limpets are so i can repair in-field and not have to go back to a station or my carrier for repairs
the point defenses are so i don't have to worry about mines, missiles or torpedoes
Theres a lot of problems with this build for being a pve murder boat and the point defense is complete overkill and arguably useless.
First of all your powerplant is G5 overcharged AND monstered. Why? You're only using 46 of your 52mj's of available power, meaning you're overheating yourself for no reason. So change number one, switch the from monstered to thermal spread. Also, why do you have flow control on your boosters when you're barely using any of your available power? Always use super capacitors on your boosters.

With a proper build on the shields you can get 60% explosive resistance so it would be better to just tank the low damage from missles instead of having any point defense.

Also, wide angle on sensors is completely useless. Always, use drag drives on thrusters. Always use overcharged on multi cannons. Inertial impact on burst lasers are completely useless and can't hit the broadside of a barn due to jitter. The only weapons you wanna use short range on are plasma accelerators and rail guns. And shielded on life support is completely useless. The only engineering you want to use is lightweight.

Here's what I would do instead.

Last edited:
Huh, Bear and a near all Laz boat because I'm trying to combat elite. I'm not totally happy with this one. It's better at solo wing assassination missions though.
First of all, guardian shield reinforcements are a complete waste of space and power on a vette. You're hardly getting more MJ's of shields while taking up a massive amount of space.
Using double shot on frags is a waste of ammo. Overcharged yields more damage while not running through a ton of ammo.
On a ship like the Vette with a high shield multiplier, it's better to go with reinforced with on thermal resist, on res aug and the rest heavy duty.
Here's a fix for the first one.

And here's my fix for your second one

Always use overcharged on multi cannons
why? on coriolis it seems like short ranged gets better damage and better energy efficiency

The only weapons you wanna use short range on are plasma accelerators and rail guns
does short range also reduce the distance at which damage falls off?

Inertial impact on burst lasers are completely useless and can't hit the broadside of a barn due to jitter
except the alternative is oversized that gives only +5.3% damage which is utterly useless, heres how i see it:
weapon does X damage, with oversized it does 1.053X damage, with inertial impact however it does 1.875X damage, lets say (just to keep the math simple) X =10
over 10 seconds weapon output will be 105.3 damage vs 187.5 damage, assuming only 1/4 of the inertial impact shots hit it will become 121.8 damage, which is more then 105.3.
i don't know how jitter will effect things, but lets say i switched the turrets to gimbals and stuck to about 600m or less engagement range, at that point the inertial impact will definitely do noticeably more damage, or heck, i could switch to fixed and let my NPC pilot fly it, im sure they will aim it a lot better then i could.
and yes, i know it will be expensive to engineer all this but only an Act of God would let me get started in anything less then about a week and with how i plan to grind mats i'll be able to afford a bit of experimenting and seeing what works and what flops

does short range also reduce the distance at which damage falls off?

You can see the range profiles on Coriolis:
1595444230706.png

Red is short range, white is overcharged.

If you only shoot at things within 1800 m then short range has slightly higher DPS.

First of all, guardian shield reinforcements are a complete waste of space and power on a vette. You're hardly getting more MJ's of shields while taking up a massive amount of space.
Using double shot on frags is a waste of ammo. Overcharged yields more damage while not running through a ton of ammo.
On a ship like the Vette with a high shield multiplier, it's better to go with reinforced with on thermal resist, on res aug and the rest heavy duty.
Here's a fix for the first one.

And here's my fix for your second one
Boss, I disagree with the way you build shields for PvE. Dropping the thermals to 30% means your going to be forced to use the shield cell more often, and the fact that 1 heat sink launcher has 4 while the shield cell has 5 is all ready problematic. I might though for BankShot look at fast charge. instead of HiCap. I'll take a look at the numbers.

As regards Bear, I started with Oversized. Facing the biggies (anaconda, cutter, corvette, t10, t9), it is like shooting fish in a barrel. The problem was that on the smaller engineered ships in HI Conflict, pirate attack threat 7 I found anecdotally that I had a much better chance of hitting, damaging, and affecting with double shot. I agree it uses more ammo, but ammo is always an issue with frags. Now, I might be wrong, but it seems to work better for me as the pilot.

Finally, I built the two ships differently. Bear is a little faster on the stick. BankShot is much more of a hull tank. Guardian shield modules are just bonus shield mj. Relatively light as compared to engineered HRP.

shrug I do exactly the same PVE content with both, what keeps me in the fight with bear is the extra shield mj.

Some suggestions, AFMUs aren't something you'd use in combat. And for in bubble combat their not really needed as you can repair when you refill the ammo for your mulri-cannin. If you really want an AFMU, take only 1 and keep it turned off until you want to use it.

For your power supply I'd go with G5 armored with thermal spread. This will help with heat, give you a modest boost to power and help protect against railguners.

I'd skip the inertial impact special in favor of scrambled spectrum or phasing. While the Corvette is the best handling of the big three, she is still a big ship and lacks the agility that makes inertial impact feasible.

Boss, I disagree with the way you build shields for PvE. Dropping the thermals to 30% means your going to be forced to use the shield cell more often, and the fact that 1 heat sink launcher has 4 while the shield cell has 5 is all ready problematic. I might though for BankShot look at fast charge. instead of HiCap. I'll take a look at the numbers.

As regards Bear, I started with Oversized. Facing the biggies (anaconda, cutter, corvette, t10, t9), it is like shooting fish in a barrel. The problem was that on the smaller engineered ships in HI Conflict, pirate attack threat 7 I found anecdotally that I had a much better chance of hitting, damaging, and affecting with double shot. I agree it uses more ammo, but ammo is always an issue with frags. Now, I might be wrong, but it seems to work better for me as the pilot.

Finally, I built the two ships differently. Bear is a little faster on the stick. BankShot is much more of a hull tank. Guardian shield modules are just bonus shield mj. Relatively light as compared to engineered HRP.

shrug I do exactly the same PVE content with both, what keeps me in the fight with bear is the extra shield mj.
If you're really having an issue taking damage then go ahead use thermal resist shields. I think it's a bit of a waste of internal modules but if that's how you wanna build it.

Two things on the shield cell banks.
1: you should be double banking. One HS for 2 SCB's. I can explain how to do this if need be.
2: if you are able to get G4 specialized you can single bank and not overheat to the point where it does any significant internal damage.

If you're really having an issue taking damage then go ahead use thermal resist shields. I think it's a bit of a waste of internal modules but if that's how you wanna build it.

Two things on the shield cell banks.
1: you should be double banking. One HS for 2 SCB's. I can explain how to do this if need be.
2: if you are able to get G4 specialized you can single bank and not overheat to the point where it does any significant internal damage.
1) Please.

2) Yep, I can and do G4 specialize\boss, but I haven't tried that without a heat sink. I fried myself the first time I put a non engineered shield cell and started using it. Is there any maximum heat I can be at? Bear has 2 efficient\thermals and he's easy to shield. BankShot doesn't.

1) Please.

2) Yep, I can and do G4 specialize\boss, but I haven't tried that without a heat sink. I fried myself the first time I put a non engineered shield cell and started using it. Is there any maximum heat I can be at? Bear has 2 efficient\thermals and he's easy to shield. BankShot doesn't.
So you fire off your heat sink and as soon as your heat hits 0, fire off both banks. So heat sink, wait.... bank, bank

Top Bottom