Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

That is typical for TriHS, always has been. But laser mining alone is not the most efficient way to get Rocket Tea -- add digging out the SSD veins to the mix for a far more rewarding total tonnage. In that same 3 hours I have consistently mined enough tritium to recover jump fuel costs and put some away in my hold for future lean times or sale. After patch 4 I have gotten 100T per hour in a Tri1 HS. I mine intrinsic (laserable) lodes, SSD veins, and SD scabs. A PWA is also necessary to identify the SSD & SD rocks.
What ChipStar says. Watch and learn from him, he gets amazing results. Do not expect the game to ever be adapted to your habits or misunderstandings. You are the one who has to adapt, not the other way around. That being said, if anything feels currently very right, then it's Tritium mining in Tritium hotspots! 😁
Thanks for the replies guys. I am very, very experienced with the game though. I do know how to do all the things and with great confidence after over 3000 hours in the game I can do it with my eyes closed. My post was only meant to reinforce the fact that Tritium mining is not where it was, and in one of Frontier's posts they stated they wanted Tritium mining to be back to where it was pre patch 3. It simply is not. Before, I only ever had to laser mine for it, that is my preferred mining style, I could get enough to fuel my carrier and be happy with it, I can't do that now, which means it is clearly not back to where it was pre patch 3.

I believe, according to Obsidian Ant's latest video after patch 4 about mining, he mentions that Frontier are aware of ongoing issues with mining and are talking to the dev teams. Let's see what happens now. :D

Yesterday I did more mining than I’ve ever done in the game. I do DC mining, I find the other methods either ineffective or just a bit tedious, having said that, I scraped Trit surface because it was easy. I found plenty of cores, each giving up over 20 pieces of LTDS, Opals, Alex, Grandid. Hauled those back into town, made a fair penny. Picked up around 10 Trit in that time.

My concern is, I can make mining financially lucrative, meaning, buying Trit, is not an issue but I’m in Colonia, meaning, buying Trit is an issue.

I have to experiment more but the idea that I’ll laser mine or subsurface my FC’s tank full, fills me with dread.

I feel partly stranded in Colonia because of this.
My carrier does not yet have all the services but I suppose when it does, I could head toward the Bubble on the slowest trip ever, trying to collect Trit as I go. At the rate I’m getting Trit though, that could take a year.

Well, I parked the mining Python. Not being an omniscient, omnipotent, infallible mining deity is a horrid thing. :(

Back to mission running and trading.

Well on the patch 3 notes I noted that:
The thing that annoys me most, particularly as it's not this patch or problem, it's every patch and every problem.

FDev's reaction to every problem is always the same, bury their head in the sand and hope it goes away by itself.

Only if it doesn't does somebody bother turn up, claim they are aware of the problem and have been working on it all the time.
It would seem to still be true and that we are still in stage 1

View attachment 182147

Update - 28.07.20

Due to an issue found during testing, the date of this patch has been moved to Monday 3 August. It can still be expected at 11:00 UTC with an estimated 15 minutes downtime. Thanks for your understanding!

Greetings, Commanders!

We're pleased to confirm that the patch described in our Known Issues post from earlier this week is expected this Wednesday 29 July at 11:00 UTC with an estimated 15 minutes of downtime. Please find the Patch Notes and Known Issues below:

Patch Notes

Mining
  • Fixed an issue whereby surface deposits created after cracking a motherlode would flag themselves as depleted
  • Fixed issues related to diminishing returns for commodities in overlapping hotspots

Crashes and Stability
  • Fixed an issue where loading into an instance in a system with a large amount of Fleet Carriers would cause very long load times (potentially long enough to cause a disconnect)

Fleet Carriers
  • Fixed an issue which stopped Fighters being restocked from a Fleet Carrier
  • Fixed a number of issues related to Fleet Carrier positioning:
    • Better enforcement of the 16 carrier limit per body
    • Preventing departing Fleet Carriers from taking up one of the 16 slots from the body they've just left
    • Further work to ensure Carriers are positioned away from other nearby body sites, such as other Fleet Carriers

Known Issues

Fleet Carriers
  • When opening the Fleet Carrier naming pop up in the Livery, an additional unwanted character will be added to the start and end of the name. These characters will need to be manually deleted to prevent them being included.

Please note that the above notes are liable to change as adjustments are made and changes are added or removed. Tweaks may be made up until the time of launch.

Thanks as always for your continued feedback!

o7

Uhm it didnt work, all the issues listed are still issues, mining broken overlaps broken tritium broken orange sidewinder every time you try to play still a hot mess, why cant you roll it back to just after 3 days from the initial carrier update, ill take paint jobs not sticking over this hot mess.

Tried mining Painite at a couple of pristine painite single mining hotspots today. Found all kinds of irrelative minerals, not a single painite rock. It's been how many, 4 patches now, and they still can't fix basic things about the carrier update.

So started to offload my carrier cargo, which is rare commodities from all around the bubble plus missions rewards cargo, Thargoid stuff etc.. Will see what my T9 can carry, don't know what happens to they rest when you decommission your carrier? Will give this game a well deserved brake. Hope they eventually sort it out.

Did a VO mining run last night. Bit slower than the last one post patch 3, but filled the hold in a couple of hours. 212 mil in the bank so around a 100 mil an hour. Found the odd LTD or Alexandrite core, no more than usual. Happy with that. Was mining them when VO’s were 700k a ton so current prices are a boon.

This sometimes happens to me entering systems with 0 carriers (permit locked like Shinrata Dezra)

I think Frontier are blaming fleet carriers for something which isn’t necessarily the fault of the FC (other than maybe more concurrent players in game in general)

maybe the web servers can’t cope ... maybe there’s a bug somewhere ... I just know it can’t all be carrier related as carriers can’t jump into permit locked systems and I still get way too many orange sidewinders in permit locked systems.....

oddly has anyone else noticed that when the launcher says it can’t initialise the network that it then sits there repeatedly trying IPv6 addresses? I don’t have v6 on my home network as Virgin Media still don’t support v6 Yet the launcher keeps trying v6 ... and no, there’s no 6to4 on the network either.
Try to go in your network card (ethernet or wifi) and uncheck the ipv6 protocol then validate by pressing ok (youcard will deactivate then reactivate in some seconds). Sometimes it mess up with application and i know that in france it is useless as a few of networks use ipv6.

So I tried to move slowly as everybody say ...
1st jump :) Used a bit less then 200t
While was waiting carrier gathered mats on planet...

65 minutes in trit x1 spot: 124 trit + 20 of others. So i need another 35 mins to cover 1 jump :D
Nope, nope. Will use cargo for 2-3 more jumps till NS road, then will cover 7000 left by anaconda in next 90 mins.
If we must to mine something, make it collectable by SRV. Like u connect pipes and it feels cargo :D
I would preffer to drive that 2-3 hours instead shooting rocks.
Repeat to yourself ad infinitum: Carriers are not ships. If you like racing, a superanacondathatwillgetmetherthefastest is just right for you. Decomm and be happy! (the newest Vulcan aphorism ;) )

Last edited:
SSDs, centre of a single Tritium hotspot in the black, not a mining deity (actually kinda suck at Elite in general), getting 200-300 tons per hour. The top end may have been a fluke, however...

I'm not saying those are ideal numbers by any means, but the folks who say they can get next to no Tritium at all (low tens of tons per hour)... are you sure you're not working to an out-dated set of optimum conditions?

Specifically, are you taking into account that the outer edges of hotspots have been vastly reduced in yield and thus narrow overlaps are usually no longer as effective? Are you focusing on SSDs and not laser (at least not exclusively)? Are you mining near the centres of hotspots?

Repeat to yourself ad infinitum: Carriers are not ships. If you like racing, a superanacondathatwillgetmetherthefastest is just right for you. Decomm and be happy! (the newest Vucals aphorism ;) )
Furthermore, it's not even carrier any more :D
Calculations show to do 2 jumps you need to crack 1 VO. Or kill 4 thargoids per carrier jump, or 5 including 25% fee.
Some piece of metal junk, where all gameplay goes to "keep it moving". Now we play for carrier, not using carrier.

They could run a competition of sorts...
Not a competition. Open submission!
If your PJ gets picked, you get some Arx.

Or a vote: See how many they get, see what the community wants to see ingame (pick top 50, 100, whatever), put it in the shop. BAM! instant money!
It's literally a license to print money for them.
But who am I to tell them how to take our money, right?

Yesterday I did more mining than I’ve ever done in the game. I do DC mining, I find the other methods either ineffective or just a bit tedious, having said that, I scraped Trit surface because it was easy. I found plenty of cores, each giving up over 20 pieces of LTDS, Opals, Alex, Grandid. Hauled those back into town, made a fair penny. Picked up around 10 Trit in that time.

My concern is, I can make mining financially lucrative, meaning, buying Trit, is not an issue but I’m in Colonia, meaning, buying Trit is an issue.

I have to experiment more but the idea that I’ll laser mine or subsurface my FC’s tank full, fills me with dread.

I feel partly stranded in Colonia because of this.
My carrier does not yet have all the services but I suppose when it does, I could head toward the Bubble on the slowest trip ever, trying to collect Trit as I go. At the rate I’m getting Trit though, that could take a year.
Commanders should realize that the posts about mining as you go are not in response to shortage of tritium in any and/or all markets -- that's a wholly separate issue. Nor are they saying that everyone should embrace that approach to long-range, deep space exploration, as it does take time and patience. What they do address are the far too many posts that claim that solo exploration with a FC is impossible, which it patently is not.

In terms of long-range travel close to the speeds many Cmdrs seem to demand of a vehicle obviously not meant for the kind of speed ships can easily muster, my calculations show that Colonia to Sol would take about 6-7weeks at a fairly leisurely pace of travel and mining along the way, not 52 weeks. Even if you are getting half the average tritium yield/hr now possible, it would not take a year. Emoexaggeration isn't useful.

Last edited:
Commanders should realize that the posts about mining as you go are not in response to shortage of tritium in any and/or all markets -- that's a wholly separate issue. Nor are they saying that everyone should embrace that approach to long-range, deep space exploration, as it does take time and patience. What they do address are the far too many posts that claim that solo exploration with a FC is impossible, which is patently is not.

In terms of long-range travel close to the speeds many Cmdrs seem to demand of a vehicle obviously not meant for the kind of speed ships can easily muster, my calculations show that Colonia to Sol would take about 6-7weeks at a fairly leisurely pace of travel and mining along the way, not 52 weeks. Even if you are getting half the average tritium yield/hr now possible, it would not take a year. Emoexaggeration isn't useful.
To be fair to me, I did state that it was the way I’m doing it, I did imply that I’ve not done a lot of mining, I did say that at my current rate it would take me a year, I perhaps should have added that I hope/expect to improve my methods.

Honestly Fdev, a well made game, but sadly to say you guys became a bunch of Karens. Nerfing this, nerfing that. This is why I stopped playing for such a long time. Nerfing mining then saying you fixed it. Let people make the credits, considering you said a while ago before carriers came out" Mining won't get a nerf. I find this a pathetic excuse to say you hot fixed anything. you guys in my own opinion have become toxic towards your player based, by not listening. should have left LTD's and Void Opals alone. I play other games and a few people who are vr game devs who have played Elite dangerous from time to time after working. They noticed the changes and literally quit playing. there are still good people playing in Elite Dangerous. Better things to say is leave your game alone, fix things to normal without nerfing, Put out hot fixes that patch.
So Fdev in my own words, Stop being a Cherry Picking Donkey and bring back the mining rush.

... all gameplay goes to "keep it moving". Now we play for carrier, not using carrier.
Once again the emoexaggeration, and completely inaccurate. Somehow, since carriers dropped, I've managed to earn 550+M in exploradata, put 1100+T of LTD in my hold and around twice that in other money minerals, log about 30 Codex entries for around 875K cred, and find 3 virgin ELWs, a Wolf-Rayet star, a Herbig Ae/Be star, a nice little O-star cluster, and 5 types of interstellar life form, among other finds. According to you that's not possible, so "according to you" must be wrong, and you are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom