Dinosaurs General Gameplay Glow in the Dark Parasaurolophus

I wonder if the frontier developers could include a gene to allow Parasaurolophus to glow in the Dark like How Indominus Rex can Camouflage, but with this Gene Parasaurolophus Skin can glow in the dark as seen in this image.

Glowing Parasaurolophus, Camp Cretaceous
Jurassic-380201.jpg

1+ if you agree.

Last edited:
You know, if it were to be a thing, I could totally see it being something like with the Indominus rex with the Dr. Wu DLC's Adaptive Camouflage gene, where you could apply it to any Parasaur skin so that they "glow" in under proper daylight times, appearing and disappearing when the sun sets and rises like how the Indominus's skin does in a similar fashion when it move in and out of forest painted surfaces.

You know, if it were to be a thing, I could totally see it being something like with the Indominus rex with the Dr. Wu DLC's Adaptive Camouflage gene, where you could apply it to any Parasaur skin so that they "glow" in under proper daylight times, appearing and disappearing when the sun sets and rises like how the Indominus's skin does in a similar fashion when it move in and out of forest painted surfaces.
I agree it would be much more simpler.

This would be cool. Does anyone know yet WHY suddenly parasaurs are glowing? Is it just them or any hadrosaurs? If a glowing gene was added, could other species use it?
Well I guess we have added such genes in the real world to other fish and possibly mice I guess it's not beyond the possibility of the JP/W series with their gene modding. We didn't get to see that many at night in the films lately.

This would be cool. Does anyone know yet WHY suddenly parasaurs are glowing? Is it just them or any hadrosaurs? If a glowing gene was added, could other species use it?
Probably is a genetic modification, slapping in jellyfish genes to make animals glow in the dark is a relatively common practice in the real world, but it could also maybe be in stuff they're fed (like how flamingos get their colour).

For the purposes of the game it probably would just be the Parasaurolophus, assuming it's on the table.

Probably is a genetic modification, slapping in jellyfish genes to make animals glow in the dark is a relatively common practice in the real world, but it could also maybe be in stuff they're fed (like how flamingos get their colour).

For the purposes of the game it probably would just be the Parasaurolophus, assuming it's on the table.
IF such a thing were to happen, what I had in mind is something like the Indominus rex from the Secrets of Dr. Wu in that it gives the hybrid dinosaur a special gene for its adaptive camouflage. Parasaurolophus in the franchise as a whole isn't the kind people would think of glowing, at least not right now but if so, it would be very few in comparison to the general viewer and "knower" population. If it's just an update for the thing to glow with no explanation, think twice of how that would workout right for the general targeted audience, especially for those who bought the game already. Every in-game asset is always approved by Universal themselves before implementation, and I don't think, for this specific game, they would want the in-game Paras (or any dinosaur for that matter as none of the others in the series have it) to be glowing in the dark all of the time as an update feature.

So, I think they would do best by giving the Parasaurolophus a gene option to give the dinosaur that ability in-game to make it optional and keeping the dinosaur generally true to its film counterparts as a DLC or free update, depending on what would work best for them, whether or not it would be identified by what animal it's from (ex: The Raptor Squad skin sources are CLASSIFIED while everything else, but the legacy skins, are identified by what animal they're from, like how the Indominus' camo ability in-game is from cuttlefish just like how respectively is in film lore sources).

Last edited:
Better yet, why not have a bioluminescence affected skin, where vivid is bright, and coastal is a black light. The ideal DNA would be of a lanternfish. All creatures would have this gene as well. The carnivores could give off a glow after a successful hunt/kill, like how lions roar to signal a kill. Stegosaurids could make their plates glow when fighting, and the compys and troodon could have their eyes glow. The different glows could only be for certain creature types, as described above.

Last edited:
IF such a thing were to happen, what I had in mind is something like the Indominus rex from the Secrets of Dr. Wu in that it gives the hybrid dinosaur a special gene for its adaptive camouflage. Parasaurolophus in the franchise as a whole isn't the kind people would think of glowing, at least not right now but if so, it would be very few in comparison to the general viewer and "knower" population. If it's just an update for the thing to glow with no explanation, think twice of how that would workout right for the general targeted audience, especially for those who bought the game already. Every in-game asset is always approved by Universal themselves before implementation, and I don't think, for this specific game, they would want the in-game Paras (or any dinosaur for that matter as none of the others in the series have it) to be glowing in the dark all of the time as an update feature.

So, I think they would do best by giving the Parasaurolophus a gene option to give the dinosaur that ability in-game to make it optional and keeping the dinosaur generally true to its film counterparts as a DLC or free update, depending on what would work best for them, whether or not it would be identified by what animal it's from (ex: The Raptor Squad skin sources are CLASSIFIED while everything else, but the legacy skins, are identified by what animal they're from, like how the Indominus' camo ability in-game is from cuttlefish just like how respectively is in film lore sources).
Apparently Charlie got her coloring from large amounts of green iguana, and Blue got her stripe from the oarfish.

I noticed that Ludia's Jurassic World: the Game for mobile devices was advertising this new glowing parasaurolophus appearance. So at least SOMEbody is doing something with it. Also having just watched JWCC, they kinda do explain why they're glowing. I won't say what, cause you know, spoilers. It was a good show to watch though. I cant wait to see more. Oh god I hope there's another season.

I noticed that Ludia's Jurassic World: the Game for mobile devices was advertising this new glowing parasaurolophus appearance. So at least SOMEbody is doing something with it. Also having just watched JWCC, they kinda do explain why they're glowing. I won't say what, cause you know, spoilers. It was a good show to watch though. I cant wait to see more. Oh god I hope there's another season.
They have said it's going to get more episodes before Dominion I believe, it's certainly going to be interesting to see where they go with it.

Top Bottom