Update 1.3.1 out now!

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Zookeepers!

We hope you've been enjoying Update 1.3, and the Australia Pack! We're looking forward to seeing all your blueprints, screenshots, and videos - what have you been working on so far?

Thanks for making us aware of the issues you've been experiencing. We appreciate all the Issue Tracker reports and contributions, as they have been super helpful. With that being said, here's Update 1.3.1:

Planet Zoo - 1.3.1 Update Notes
General fixed

• Fixed protesters not leaving the zoo on load when there's nothing for them to protest.
  • Fixed crash in multi-selection and work zones, caused by facilities being in the multi-selection.
  • Corrected behaviour of the "view all of this species" button on the social tab of exhibit animals, it now opens a filtered version of the animals tab showing only the selected species.
  • Fixed issue where animals would not climb in habitats containing many climbable objects beyond what the animals could reach.
  • Fixed guests becoming trapped or teleporting to the zoo entrance after using ATM that is on the 2x2 grid-based path.
  • Fixed the water jet enrichment item reducing the surrounding temperature to 0 degrees.
  • Fixed staff not accessing the African Wild Dog Habitat in Scenario 5 due to issue with the pre-built staff path.
  • Fixed some Koala climbing problems including levitating, playing incorrect idle animation while hanging vertically and teleporting due to trying to rest while climbing.
  • Fixed male Dingo sitting down abruptly during the Male/Female interaction animation.
  • Fixed Staff management work zones not moving correct staff via the drop down in the footer.
  • Fixed continent filter in the environment tab of a habitat's UI showing the incorrect plants.
  • Fixed Vendor training level being incorrect on the UI for the shop they are assigned to.
  • Fixed issues with animals walking/climbing on the Planet Zoo Log, animals used to hover above the surface and navigate the roots poorly.
  • Added animal colour description text string when using compare mates with an animal from the animal market.
  • Added Dingo social rest interaction audio between adults.
  • Added "Koala" tag to applicable climbing Enrichments.
  • Updated missing Flexi-colour Tag on banner assets.
Stability
  • Further crash and stability fixes.

At first thx for all the fast fixes!!!

Fixed issue where animals would not climb in habitats containing many climbable objects beyond what the animals could reach.

It seems like youve got to replace all the building stuff in the zoo now. Just loaded my current zoo and a lot of animals were complaining about the lack of climbing-stuff in their habitat.

After replacing all of them it seems to work again.

It would be great if we would also get Fixes for these Problems because they can be very Game Breaking https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...it-that-contains-eastern-brown-snakes.553508/

Didn't test the Update yet but it sounds really great. No longer will I have 100 or more Protesters in my Main-Zoo for no Reason and maybe it fixes my Koalas (they where climbing all the time at the Beginning but after some Time they stayed on the Ground all the time for some reason)

Edit: The Snake Problem seems to be fixed now

Last edited:
Crazy breakdown rate of the vendor machines not fixed ? Please fix this or just add the No Breakdown option in sandbox to remedy this all together both would be better so its fixed for every mode and so we dont have a single breakdown in sandbox anymore.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update! Those staff zones were getting annoying to work with. I know it's not an issue but... Kangaroo Walkthroughs plz!

Love the new Australia DLC! Is it possible to add more terrain paints in sandbox mode? The new painted red rocks are great, but look out of place with the terrain options on all the sandbox maps except the desert one.

I post it here, cause the issue-tracker seems to have some issues ( last step does not work, or even one before everything is blank)

The Colour Editor does not work as intended with group-objects ( which includes single-objects that are grid-based)
After clicking on one of the colours of an object, after clicking on any colour on the 1st or just moving a slider on the 2nd tab
causes the window to close and auto-applies any change.
With single non-grid objects this does not happen, you can try different colours without opening the window again and again.
btw. the "apply" button is pointless, as even with a single object every click forces a change...and for manual (html-style) colours you
need to use the return-key to be recognized.

As onk stated, flexicolor objects aren't working as intended anymore. The new button only allows you to color singular objects at a time (not allowing for grouped objects) and if you are using the hue/saturation/contrast picker it will only allow one mouse movement before closing the window, requiring you to open up and try to change the color again. Its quite frustrating. If you guys could take a look at this it'd be much appreciated.

Much appreciate the fast work you've put into this one guys. Addresses tons of problems that people have been reporting too. Great work!

New bug as of this patch, Mechanics and Vets having trouble getting into Habitats but keepers have no issue. Save game has been send again @Chante Goodman

With all your habitats?
Did have it in 1 of my zoos - couldn't get it fixed.
Managed to fix it eventually - boxed all animals - removed the gate and attached road and placed a new one on the same spot. (you'll need to add it to a workzone again - because it's a new habitat. The animals should respawn at the gate when you do this. Sometimes such issues just happen and they need a little "reboot".
If it happens with all your habitats, don't know any other option.

Crazy breakdown rate of the vendor machines not fixed ?
We just had a player on discord with the same issue. He forgot to add them to a workzone and hire additional mechanics for the extra work.
Also the stuck guests (heard more people about this one) will get upset and vandalize stuff around them.
(Got 30-40 in my biggest zoo without anything breaking down in 5 ingame years)

With all your habitats?
Did have it in 1 of my zoos - couldn't get it fixed.
Managed to fix it eventually - boxed all animals - removed the gate and attached road and placed a new one on the same spot. (you'll need to add it to a workzone again - because it's a new habitat. The animals should respawn at the gate when you do this. Sometimes such issues just happen and they need a little "reboot".
If it happens with all your habitats, don't know any other option.

I have it with one habitat too, crazy thing is the keeper has no issue at all.

Anyone else have a problem with the Red Kangaroo habitat having a constant alert when you click on their habitat ? No idea what is going on they are in perfect health have enough water and food.

Top Bottom