Update 1.3.1 out now!

It's really crazy, assigned 2 mechanics just to the vending machines at 1 spot. They fix it, it gets used once maybe twice and sometimes 3 times max and poof breakdown. It happens so fast even 2 mechanics cant keep up with 5 vending machines lol.
I think I have 2 extra for 50 vending machines and no troubles (yeah, my first zoo has some serious design flaws and no space for shops) Don't want to revamp my old zoo.

In general you have more bugs than most players. Anything special running in the background? Running the game on a older pc ? Some files are corrupt and never verified your steam-files? just curious, most times when people have more bugs than most players - they are running something in the background or have a pc that (barely) meets the minimal requirements.

I think I have 2 extra for 50 vending machines and no troubles (yeah, my first zoo has some serious design flaws and no space for shops) Don't want to revamp my old zoo.

In general you have more bugs than most players. Anything special running in the background? Running the game on a older pc ? Some files are corrupt and never verified your steam-files? just curious, most times when people have more bugs than most players - they are running something in the background or have a pc that (barely) meets the minimal requirements.

Nothing running on the background in fact I have it freshly installed as of today on a brand new PC with brand new install of the OS on it so that aint it either.

Most people probably dont even notice their Vending machines breaking down as for some reason there are no Alerts for it so for most people it will go unnoticed until they start watching them.

Btw crazy thing about the Mechanics and Vets not being able to enter Habitats Alert its not even correct, place a mechanic or a vet close by and he enters without problem, still the alert popups and when looking at his thoughts he says there aint no entrance for some reason lol. Crazy maddnes

Last edited:
It's really crazy, assigned 2 mechanics just to the vending machines at 1 spot. They fix it, it gets used once maybe twice and sometimes 3 times max and poof breakdown. It happens so fast even 2 mechanics cant keep up with 5 vending machines lol.

Sounds exactly like the vending and coffee machines here at my work :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, a bit to much I'd say.

It worked, yes... but if you were new to PZ (and never played a Frontier game before) you didn't find it and wondered why your animal's wellfare went zero. (I know, because I didn't find it at first. And neither in the "help" tab nor anywhere you got told you simply have to scroll - and because the UI of most menus is very scrammed up, I really didn't see the scrollbar at the right side). **

It is clearer now.

But you are right: It should be possible to set it to an exact number!

**P.S: This was for exhibits, sorry.

Last edited:
Are the scaling issues still present with this update? I.E - once you get above 7000 or so guests it really starts becoming tough to play?

As has been said in the past, I suspect that issue is to do with the game's actual engine and not the game itself. Frontier has never really addressed the problem. Every update large and small comes with some general optimisation stuff in it but the Cobra Engine is a little outdated I think (it's the same engine used for PlanCo, so it's not exactly young).

Ehm, ok, so this happened again :O Found three groups of guests on the staff paths (and of course complaigning about the buildings...). The one thing they all had in common was that they were all leaving the zoo
guests on staff paths.jpg

Ya know, I just asked the question seeing if there was... obviously there haven't been and from what I am gathering based on your post its a waste of time to expect any. I'll not bother, thanks.

Top Bottom