Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch, 3 November 2020

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hello Park Managers!

We are incredibly grateful for all the amazing support we have received from our Jurassic World Evolution community over the past two years. It's been an incredible journey so far and we're excited to share some fantastic news with you today: Jurassic World Evolution is making its way to Nintendo Switch on Tuesday, 3 November 2020.

We think Jurassic World Evolution is a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch, letting you build the dinosaur park of your dreams on the go, from the comfort of your home sofa, on your TV or in handheld mode, with no cut content or features that you would find on PC, Xbox One or PS4. We're delighted to bring Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition to Switch players around the world.

Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition is a big game on a small console. In addition to the base game, it comes with two years' worth of updates added since launch. These updates have enhanced and expanded the core gameplay of Jurassic World Evolution, adding new features, dinosaurs and mechanics. All previously released DLCs are also included in the Complete Edition: it's the full Jurassic World Evolution experience in one package.

The game releases on Tuesday, 3 November 2020, and you can pre-order it on the Nintendo Switch eShop right now!

We can't wait to share more with you in the coming months. Stay tuned to our social channels for regular updates and community activities from the team, as well as news and updates about Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition on Nintendo Switch.

Thank you so much for your ongoing support!

I'm very excited for this as a Switch owner! I do have two questions about the Complete Edition:

1. Will there be cross-saves between the Complete Edition and the Steam version of Jurassic World Evolution? I'd like to be able to work on existing parks on the go.

2. You stress that "all previously released DLCs are also included". Does this include the pre-order skins for vehicles and the vivid Ankylosaurus comsetic from the JingleJam bundle?

Color me impressed, this is something I was not expecting. Amazing 👍
Will there be an update to current versions of the game to coincide with the release? And what's the battery life like? This may be the most impressive business sim available on the switch 😁

Does the name "Complete Edition" also suggest that there won't be any more content updates?
"Complete Edition" means it has all the content (updates/DLCs) that came before it. None of them are separated. It doesn't mean nothing new to the game is coming as a whole.

Last edited:

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
I'm very excited for this as a Switch owner! I do have two questions about the Complete Edition:

1. Will there be cross-saves between the Complete Edition and the Steam version of Jurassic World Evolution? I'd like to be able to work on existing parks on the go.

2. You stress that "all previously released DLCs are also included". Does this include the pre-order skins for vehicles and the vivid Ankylosaurus comsetic from the JingleJam bundle?

That's great! Very happy to hear that people are excited.

1. We don't have plans for cross-save functionality right now. You will have to replay the game, but that's also part of the fun IMO!

2. Only the post-launch DLCs and updates are included.

Does the name "Complete Edition" also suggest that there won't be any more content updates?
It means that you're getting everything we've released after the original launch :)

if there's a complete collection of Jurassic world Evolution for Nintendo Switch then there must be a sequel coming out in 2021. Hmmm I wonder?🤔

Last edited:
if there's a complete collection of Jurassic world Evolution for Nintendo Switch then there must be a sequel coming out in 2021. Hmmm I wonder?🤔
The GamesCom conference schedule does say Thursday will primarily focus on updates from announced games.

If a JWE sequel does exist, they would be announcing it on Friday, which will be about announcements, updates, reveals and more.

so first of all I am happy for the owners that it arrives for Nintendo the thing that es me off a lot is I am very disappointed with Frontier because you do not insert the Mosasaurus it takes a lot to understand give yourself a move thanks then the dlc are finished I have others come out I have you after the support I remind you that JWE for consoles or found other bugs and fixes to fix thanks do not send me to that country I want an answer Kind Regards !!!!!! ??

The GamesCom conference schedule does say Thursday will primarily focus on updates from announced games.

If a JWE sequel does exist, they would be announcing it on Friday, which will be about announcements, updates, reveals and more.
Looking forward to it but im saying, I've seen this pattern many times before, Destiny Had a Complete Collection with all the DLCs and updates in one package then months later Destiny 2 came out, Star Wars Battlefront the complete collection From EA a year later Star Wars Battlefront 2 was announced. Which is why I noticed whenever complete collection of games come out they will always announce sequels of those games, I noticed a pattern with all of these.

I find myself to be excited to try it out the more I think about it. JWE is one of my all-time favorite games, to which it has been my go-to since its launch in 2018. To make such a game portable is still hard for me to imagine, and I have been thinking about it the whole day how it actually came to fruition despite what we came to expect with the limitations of making it possible. One thing is for sure, it makes the office a little less boring during the quiet periods 😂

Thank you for making this project a reality, and I genuinely mean it. It has been a lot of fun and I will be looking forward to replaying this game again on the switch. My regards to the team behind this project!

Now that it is portable (hehehehehe....) :
tenor.gif

Hello Park Managers!

We are incredibly grateful for all the amazing support we have received from our Jurassic World Evolution community over the past two years. It's been an incredible journey so far and we're excited to share some fantastic news with you today: Jurassic World Evolution is making its way to Nintendo Switch on Tuesday, 3 November 2020.

We think Jurassic World Evolution is a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch, letting you build the dinosaur park of your dreams on the go, from the comfort of your home sofa, on your TV or in handheld mode, with no cut content or features that you would find on PC, Xbox One or PS4. We're delighted to bring Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition to Switch players around the world.

Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition is a big game on a small console. In addition to the base game, it comes with two years' worth of updates added since launch. These updates have enhanced and expanded the core gameplay of Jurassic World Evolution, adding new features, dinosaurs and mechanics. All previously released DLCs are also included in the Complete Edition: it's the full Jurassic World Evolution experience in one package.

The game releases on Tuesday, 3 November 2020, and you can pre-order it on the Nintendo Switch eShop right now!

We can't wait to share more with you in the coming months. Stay tuned to our social channels for regular updates and community activities from the team, as well as news and updates about Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition on Nintendo Switch.

Thank you so much for your ongoing support!

I did not see a preorder option for digital download or physical copy. Will it be digital? Otherwise have no desire to buy. I hope the “Complete Edition” means complete so far. I along with all active players would be greatly disappointed to see the game thrown aside & not live up to its true potential only to prepare for a game sequel. Would not be cool at all. Could always use improvements in scenery, water tools, dinos of course, & attractions.

There’s my two cents, look forward to the future of JWE #1. Thanks Devs & JWE Team,

Drew

That's great! Very happy to hear that people are excited.

1. We don't have plans for cross-save functionality right now. You will have to replay the game, but that's also part of the fun IMO!

2. Only the post-launch DLCs and updates are included.

It means that you're getting everything we've released after the original launch :)

Hi Jens,

Is there word on if this is launching just on the eShop or if we'll also get a physical version to choose from?

Ta.

Top Bottom