War and Civil War: BGS Guide - Best Current Thinking

Something I just noticed... Capital Ships can now also be routed when their Hull % goes below 50%... an allied capship just routed a moment after I checked all heat relays were intact, but hull was at 49%.

Something I just noticed... Capital Ships can now also be routed when their Hull % goes below 50%... an allied capship just routed a moment after I checked all heat relays were intact, but hull was at 49%.
Thanks, that might explain why one was defeated after I shot just 1 heat relay. It had been hanging around for ages while I took care of spec ops, must have taken NPC hull damage

Ok...so trying to trigger a war, Influences crossed on todays tick. No war pending. So I went and updated all of the systems the two factions were in in INARA, and no other conflicts or pending conflicts. The only thing of note was that one of the factions had been in an active retreat in another system, and they were finally removed today. Could the active retreat blocked the war?

Ok...so trying to trigger a war, Influences crossed on todays tick. No war pending. So I went and updated all of the systems the two factions were in in INARA, and no other conflicts or pending conflicts. The only thing of note was that one of the factions had been in an active retreat in another system, and they were finally removed today. Could the active retreat blocked the war?

If they are below 7% they'll cross without starting a conflict. If neither faction owns an asset they will not have a conflict regardless of influence level.

I have seen factions jump another if the inf change is unusually high but I assume that's unintended.

Damn it, it was the asset part that I missed. Factions are at 16 and 19% now and crossed yesterday. We are trying to retreat from a system that we control, without engaging in a war. Currently at 52% influence and it only has the one asset, so yeah. Going to have to tie the other two factions that are above 7% up in wars in other systems.

Thanks!

Damn it, it was the asset part that I missed. Factions are at 16 and 19% now and crossed yesterday. We are trying to retreat from a system that we control, without engaging in a war. Currently at 52% influence and it only has the one asset, so yeah. Going to have to tie the other two factions that are above 7% up in wars in other systems.

Thanks!

If you are hoping to retreat an asset owning faction, one of it's assets may spawn NPCs for that faction that can be harassed or destroyed to help push their influence down. You'll tank your rep with that faction though and may get notoriety.

I don't think a faction's state in another system affects anything that will help you to secure a retreat though, try it & see if anything works :)

Thanks!
Wars only affect the system they're in. A faction can be in one or more wars in different systems at the same time.

So I understand zone wins and zone missions give you victory points.
Questions
1) Which is better, getting several kills and turning them in, or zone victory?
2) When flying in a wing, dose each member add a point?
3) what effect will zone intensity have on point outcome?

So I understand zone wins and zone missions give you victory points.
Questions
1) Which is better, getting several kills and turning them in, or zone victory?
2) When flying in a wing, dose each member add a point?
3) what effect will zone intensity have on point outcome?

Good questions. Whatever works for you is best :) What matters is that you win, exactly how is less important but for sure winning a scenario is better than not winning one ;)

Without any basis in science at all we generally use:
1 point - Lcz, scenario, bond or bounty hand in (any size), mission
2 point - mcz
3 point - hcz

But it's all irrelevant, just do more than the opposition.

The analysis i have done (but it is not complete) is something like:
Low : 2
Medium: 3
High: 4

I couldn't get more precision in the analysis and the experiments to check what happens in wing were not conclusive.
I have to repeat some experiments as soon as peace times return to my systems.

Without any basis in science at all we generally use:
1 point - Lcz, scenario, bond or bounty hand in (any size), mission
2 point - mcz
3 point - hcz

But it's all irrelevant, just do more than the opposition.

I know this "do more" is just a joke line, but it's Sampson vs Goliath. As Sampson, there just aren't enough hours in the day when I can't even see a score board. And Goliath stays in the Dark. Pun intended.

Quick question:

System has two stations both with controlling faction. We want to trigger a war with them. We obviously will not be able to get missions from those stations as they are hostile.

Will we always be able to obtain war missions from other systems where our faction has a presence?

Quick question:

System has two stations both with controlling faction. We want to trigger a war with them. We obviously will not be able to get missions from those stations as they are hostile.

Will we always be able to obtain war missions from other systems where our faction has a presence?
Being hostile is not at all obvious or necessary. If it gets that far, you are doing it wrong. You can always grab a few bounties and hand them in in another system.

if you have to grind enough to get hostile with them, then presumably you're working against other traffic. The last war I fought, completely unopposed, I didn't even drop below allied - low zone on day 1, drop bonds on day 2, another low on 3, bond drop on 4. I could have just left it at the first day but I wanted it over quicker.

Apologies if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but had a question about assets

If Minor Faction A controls multiple stations, and I push Minor Faction B's influence up to start a war, win it, and take their largest station...how would I help B get control of the remaining stations?

Would I need to work for A, trigger a war, then switch sides and help B win, several times?

Apologies if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but had a question about assets

If Minor Faction A controls multiple stations, and I push Minor Faction B's influence up to start a war, win it, and take their largest station...how would I help B get control of the remaining stations?

Would I need to work for A, trigger a war, then switch sides and help B win, several times?
Yup

yes, see above

the only other option is, IF that faction A, is from elsewhere ("foreign"), you theoretically could push them into retreat - all assets go then to the faction with most influence (so: B). but forcing a retreat is actually very hard and more work and often frustrating, so simply triggering the next conflicts is almost always the better option.

as for switching sides - that's why many BGS players are allied with the factions they want to loose...

Top Bottom