War and Civil War: BGS Guide - Best Current Thinking

The winning by 1 day and no asset during war is wrong. Winner gets the asset regardless by how many days you've won by who wrote this? This is not accurate. Just saying.
To anyone wondering- this was as a result of a discord conversation we had this morning.

The front page has the correct information. The post I linked was based on an old bookmark and more information has come to light since.

When in a high CZ, fighting for a PMF, with a massacre mission in parallel, and "fight for...." chosen correctly, why would the opposing faction suddenly drop me a 50K bonus?
I didn't hit any friendly ships, or shoot any of them.
On one of the drops I wasn't even doing anything, just re-charging shields.
It's happened twice now. Last night & this morning.

When in a high CZ, fighting for a PMF, with a massacre mission in parallel, and "fight for...." chosen correctly, why would the opposing faction suddenly drop me a 50K bonus?
I didn't hit any friendly ships, or shoot any of them.
On one of the drops I wasn't even doing anything, just re-charging shields.
It's happened twice now. Last night & this morning.
What we observed is that this happens with 'Protect your captain' tasks in a high CZ. When your captain leaves the system, the 50k bond is given for the opposing faction.

Can you win a war only by doing war related assasinations of deserters?
Yes, those missions will contribute some amount towards your chosen side's 'war points' for day, and as long as your points exceed theirs (or there's no opposition) then your side will win that day.
I don't know how many 'war points' those particular missions actually contribute but I work on the assumption that from highest benefit to lowest it goes something like this:
Win CZs. (High, Medium, then Low)
Hand in Combat Bonds.
Combat Missions.
Non-combat war-themed missions.

Can you win a war only by doing war related assasinations of deserters?
Yes, those missions will contribute some amount towards your chosen side's 'war points' for day, and as long as your points exceed theirs (or there's no opposition) then your side will win that day.
I don't know how many 'war points' those particular missions actually contribute but I work on the assumption that from highest benefit to lowest it goes something like this:
Hand in Combat Bonds.
Combat Missions.

Don't forget scenarios!

Though yeah... true enough CZs are king of winning wars... i stick to missions and scenarios if i know I'm not being opposed . It's easier on my sanity than ending up with a screaming 2 year old because I've looked at the game for longer than 5 minutes.

Don't forget scenarios!

Though yeah... true enough CZs are king of winning wars... i stick to missions and scenarios if i know I'm not being opposed . It's easier on my sanity than ending up with a screaming 2 year old because I've looked at the game for longer than 5 minutes.
I always forget to mention the scenarios, even though I do them too 🤦‍♂️

Isn't two years old the perfect time to start co-pilot training?

What do you call scenarios?
They're the things you find either at USS or orbital installations/ megaships

The common ones at USS are combat aftermaths... either recover the black box or scan the conda (and possibly repel a hostile force). Black box recovery scenario is also good for hurting the enemy, as you can deliberately fail it by accepting the offer for help and destroying the can. You can't fail the conda scan though. There's also distress calls with ships which require repair/refuel to get back in the fight... these can't be failed though and require a non-combat fit (fuel/repair controllers and cargo space for limpets) so I tend to ignore them.

The megaship/ outpost scenarios are usually defend or attack the thing by supporting the relevant faction.

Strictly speaking, czs are just big static scenarios, and are functionally the same (just don't get confused thinking spec ops wings, correspondents etc are scenarios, just developments within the scenario of the cz).

Last edited:
Hand in Combat Bonds.
Combat Missions.

I did this in a forsaken sector with no traffic. Faction A was at third day of victory and on that day I conducted two deserter assassinations hoping the war to be won by them on next day. And It didn't happen. System didn't log any traffic. War prograess bars were in the same position and I had to do another small intensity CZ for faction A to be successful.

I did this in a forsaken sector with no traffic. Faction A was at third day of victory and on that day I conducted two deserter assassinations hoping the war to be won by them on next day. And It didn't happen. System didn't log any traffic. War prograess bars were in the same position and I had to do another small intensity CZ for faction A to be successful.
Did you notice if the Economy or Security sliders received an up-arrow on the next tick?

Top Bottom