General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
9406 additional cases in the last 24 hours in France.

At this rate, this is France will contaminate all of Europe.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

I thought they did so a long time ago. With their language and their cheese and fermented fruity beverages.

One community case in NZ yesterday. We might have strangled another outbreak. People are getting a bit antsy, however, and the economy may be about to tumble. Interesting times indeed.

:D S

417 new within 7 days ? That is about 1.8x what german ICU register shows in total... o_O

I really, really hope your country is able to cope !

https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/corona-deutschland-intensiv-betten-monitor-krankenhaus-auslastung/ <- website for german ICU information
Nowadays :

373,911 confirmed cases (+10,561 new cases in 24 hours)

30,910 deaths (+17 in 24 hours)

2432 hospitalizations in the last 7 days (around 6000 in total currently) including 417 in intensive care.

Test positivity rate: 5.4% and 1,081,208 tests performed during the week

772 clusters under investigation (86 new clusters in 24 hours)

77 vulnerable departments.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

There are tensions especially in Marseille and Bordeaux.

Overall, hospitals are not overloaded at the moment.

For the last 7 days there were 417 new patients in intensive care.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Looking at protests in France on TV. Les malliots jaunes en Paris.
Happy to see a lot of masks, but the tear gas is very bad. More coughing, more tears, more liquid...

We are baking a bread today, instead of buying one. Do not want to leave the house.

The whole world is crazy now. I hope it peaks soon and starts to improve.

âš•
According to one of the senior staff at the ICU/HDU, we have had deaths occur when patients remove their oxygen masks.
For unknown reasons, Covid patients have a remarkable tolerance for hypoxia, and feel no distress. If the nursing staff is stretched out, everybody might be involved with proceedures while a patient has their mask off and is getting a heart attack or a stroke. It can happen very fast.

In a unit where everybody is hypoxic, no attention to another low O2 alarm in the background, where you know the patient is all good till you turned your back, is going to happen. Chances are that alarm is switched off. It's a Covid unit. Hundreds of hypoxic people.

If you end up in hospital, leave your O2 supply exactly as the nurse sets it. Tell your family.
No matter how good your brain tells you you are feeling. It's the last mistake you will get to make.

Last edited:
2 useful pieces of info.

1) Covid is most often acquired by eating at restaurants, where masks come off. Compared to a range of other common activities. Most attributable to the expelled viral load increasing, as well as the decreased filtering.

Use takeout. Eat at home.

2) Asymptomatic/less severe disease can likely result from getting infected through a mask.

The size of the dose of viral particles causing initial infection determines severity of illness. As the immune response seems to be protective either way, mask wearing is a functional proxy for vaccination. Low dose purposeful exposure for this purpose is called variolation. Old news. Not done now because results are less predictable than vaccination.

Last edited:
My son has had to go back to college today. I'm really not happy about it. He's a good lad and is taking the whole thing very seriously so I'm not worried about him leaving himself wide open but I cannot trust the college. He's doing a 'hands on' type course (sound engineering) meaning that he's got to touch equipment. They're trying out this 'bubble' idea, rotating 2 different groups.

Of course his education is important but it's really not worth this risk.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom