Extinct in the wild

I would love to have them, too. Name of the DLC won't matter to me.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want them - not sure how that's implied - I'm saying that this thread is about a pack for animals that are extinct in the wild, which now excludes the Przewalski's horse. I'd love to see them in the game (also, I recognise OP mentioned them in his post, but it looks like that was tangential).

I'm saying that this thread is about a pack for animals that are extinct in the wild, which now excludes the Przewalski's horse.
I think at least a few of the other mentioned Species do also have a Wild Population again. I'm pretty sure the Scimitar Horned Oryx was already successfully reintroduced.
I wonder why the Mountain Lion is mentioned in the Opening Post. Is there a Subspecies that is extinct in the Wild?
As far as I know the Musk Ox isn't extinct in the Wild.
Even though the natural Environment is gone it could be interesting to see the Mangarahara Cichlid in the Game and we would finally have a Fish in the Game but I think this one would be most likely a Exhibit Animal

Edit: OK, I think I've confused the Scimitar Horned Oryx with the Arabian Oryx

Last edited:
I think at least a few of the other mentioned Species do also have a Wild Population again. I'm pretty sure the Scimitar Horned Oryx was already successfully reintroduced.
I wonder why the Mountain Lion is mentioned in the Opening Post. Is there a Subspecies that is extinct in the Wild?
As far as I know the Musk Ox isn't extinct in the Wild.
Even though the natural Environment is gone it could be interesting to see the Mangarahara Cichlid in the Game and we would finally have a Fish in the Game but I think this one would be most likely a Exhibit Animal

I think OP sort of just listed other animals he wanted after the extinct-in-the-wild ones. The scimitar-horned oryx was reintroduced to northern Chad in 2016 and it has been successful so far, but they are still listed by the ICUN as extinct-in-the-wild, probably because the wild population is still tentative. That will probably chance in the next decade or so if all goes well (I think the addax used to be extinct-in-the-wild as well but isn't anymore).

The scimitar horned oryx and the deer were both reintroduced into the wild but in terms of the oryx it keeps getting poached back to extinction. The deer does not have a sustaining population. Same for the horse. It has been reintroduced but it too is not self sustaining yet.

I really just googled "extinct in the wild" and these 4 were the only ones on that list that would make good habitat animals. The others were small and would be exhibit animals. And I find those pretty boring in game.

The Addax would be a great addition though it has a very small but still viable population.

Last edited:
Another one I found is a dromedary camel. Yes they are wild in Australia but they are feral there. But in the middle east there are no more wild camels, plenty of domestics but none wild.

Another one I found is a dromedary camel. Yes they are wild in Australia but they are feral there. But in the middle east there are no more wild camels, plenty of domestics but none wild.
I'm pretty sure the wild Dromedary is already extinct so there are only domesticated Dromedarys left. But I think we could get them in a DLC because there's at least a Sign that depicts a Dromedary

Top Bottom