Planet Coaster: Console Edition - Physical Announcement

I'd think whether the DLC come to console or not depends on whether the base game sells well or not.
That is for sure. I'm more curious about whether the next gen versions will be slipstreamed as an update or seperate, fully priced re-releases. They kinda acknowledged to the Xbox Smart Delivery (for what a Frontier Twitter promise is worth) but no word on PS5. Judging from Frontier's current way of doing business, I wouldn't be surprised if they follow the anti-consumer path set in motion by the Spider-Man or GTA5 re-releases. Frontier no longer feels like that humble indie dev that thrives on its community, somehow they had a change of heart around three years ago. But that's just my Ten Ce...i mean, two cents!

Don't know, if you know that you can buy a physical version of Planco on DVD for PC since 2017. Meanwhile a real collectable, because mostly unavailable. My copy was signed by former community managers Bo and Ed.

BPPs8X0.jpg
I sell rare video game cassettes from 1982!

That is for sure. I'm more curious about whether the next gen versions will be slipstreamed as an update or seperate, fully priced re-releases. They kinda acknowledged to the Xbox Smart Delivery (for what a Frontier Twitter promise is worth) but no word on PS5. Judging from Frontier's current way of doing business, I wouldn't be surprised if they follow the anti-consumer path set in motion by the Spider-Man or GTA5 re-releases. Frontier no longer feels like that humble indie dev that thrives on its community, somehow they had a change of heart around three years ago. But that's just my Ten Ce...i mean, two cents!
Thats what being a public listed company with shareholders do to you and wanting to be like EA.

Retailers in north america have both the ps4 and ps5 versions available for pre order. My guess is you would have to buy the one you plan on playing the game on as far as sony is concerned as there is two seperate games being released at the same time (as it seems).

Over the many years this game got a ton of dlc. Will this be included on the disk. Will there be a complete edition? Or can we see that 75 pounds of dlc for this 3 year old game be presented at full price? If the later I cancel my pre-order as I'm not into EA structured games (the sims comes to mind).

Last edited:

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Over the many years this game got a ton of dlc. Will this be included on the disk. Will there be a complete edition? Or can we see that 75 pounds of dlc for this 3 year old game be presented at full price? If the later I cancel my pre-order as I'm not into EA structured games (the sims comes to mind).

Hi OttoT,

We don't have any news to share about DLCs at the moment. Planet Coaster: Console Edition will feature all the free content that's been added to the game since PC launch.

Hi OttoT,

We don't have any news to share about DLCs at the moment. Planet Coaster: Console Edition will feature all the free content that's been added to the game since PC launch.
Thank you for the information although it's not what I wanted to hear. I will wait for more information before canceling my pre-order and hope for wisdom from Frontier. I mean PC got Horizon Zero Dawn also with all the paid and free dlc and due to the economy gaming budget is thigh.

An exact date hasn't been announced. It's due to come out the Holiday season 2020.
That would be my mistake, I assumed holiday season meant summer holidays (which here in the UK has just finished).

Thanks for the info in any case. I'll keep my eyes pealed. :)

Has anyone been able to find a retailer that has the Deluxe Edition Physical? I have been to Target, Best Buy, Amazon and none of those places you can pre-order the physical Deluxe edition. All they show is the regular edition. I am getting both the PS5 and Xbox Series X and plan to get the game on both consoles. But I prefer to get Physical but cannot find the physical deluxe edition anywhere.

Has anyone been able to find a retailer that has the Deluxe Edition Physical? I have been to Target, Best Buy, Amazon and none of those places you can pre-order the physical Deluxe edition. All they show is the regular edition. I am getting both the PS5 and Xbox Series X and plan to get the game on both consoles. But I prefer to get Physical but cannot find the physical deluxe edition anywhere.

The physical version only comes in standard. (pretty dumb in my opinion) So you'll have to buy the two bonus packs via the console's store.

I also go for physical but they decided for whatever stupid reason to not make the deluxe edition available. It's pretty frustrating.

I also go for physical but they decided for whatever stupid reason to not make the deluxe edition available. It's pretty frustrating.
The physical version only comes in standard. (pretty dumb in my opinion) So you'll have to buy the two bonus packs via the console's store.
That is pretty freaking dumb to not have a physical deluxe edition. I just checked both the Xbox Store and PSN Store and on the PSN Store the DLC is not even listed and on the Xbox Store it is listed, but only as part of the Deluxe edition...it even specifically says that the content is NOT SOLD seperately. I know Chance said it would be available, but still they should of offered the Deluxe Edition as a Physical as well.

Thank You Hawk269. :)
I thought that I read that you could buy the two bonus packs separately.
Beginning to look a lot dimmer as far as ordering.
Frontier, you are really beginning to disappoint me by your actions. :(

Last edited:
I am sure that the DLC that comes with the Deluxe will be available as a separate purchase. I just hope that Frontier prices it fairly. Right now the Deluxe Edition comes with 2 DLC packs for an Extra $10.00 U.S. dollars, so if they make them available to purchase if you don't buy the Deluxe Digital, they should be priced $5.00 each. If they price it more than that it would not be really fair for those people that wanted to buy a physical deluxe edition. Let's hope Frontier prices them correctly.

Couldn't have said it any better! Frontier and the managers in this forum, don't even take the time to look at the suggestions and questions asked.. I didn't want to have to call them out, but what do they even look at? It's like there are so many recent questions asked, and they don't even answer them. Is it because they don't like the question asked? Are they scared if they answer too much, there is going to be consequences?

I am sure that the DLC that comes with the Deluxe will be available as a separate purchase. I just hope that Frontier prices it fairly. Right now the Deluxe Edition comes with 2 DLC packs for an Extra $10.00 U.S. dollars, so if they make them available to purchase if you don't buy the Deluxe Digital, they should be priced $5.00 each. If they price it more than that it would not be really fair for those people that wanted to buy a physical deluxe edition. Let's hope Frontier prices them correctly.

If you think about it since the Standard Edition is $49.99 and the Deluxe Edition is $59.99, that means the 2 DLC in the deluxe is $4.99 each, so that's pretty much a steal. Knowing that they need to profit off of the DLC's, they're going to sell any separate DLC for $10.99 for those who bought the Standard, I guarantee it...

It is pretty frustrating. Normally, I'm okay with digital, but this game to me feels like it needs to have a physical copy for the Deluxe. Very dissapointing

If you think about it since the Standard Edition is $49.99 and the Deluxe Edition is $59.99, that means the 2 DLC in the deluxe is $4.99 each, so that's pretty much a steal. Knowing that they need to profit off of the DLC's, they're going to sell any separate DLC for $10.99 for those who bought the Standard, I guarantee it...
It is really going to come down to how Frontier prices the 2 DLC packs that is part of the Deluxe edition. Chante already said they will be available, so we know they will be offered...but the biggest thing is the cost. Since they are not making the Deluxe available physical, the only way physical owner can get the dlc is to buy them digital which is fine..but not if they are priced more than $4.99 each. Let's see what happens.

Top Bottom