ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Horizons Set to Land for All Commanders

do you realy think that this is the best move for us, who purchased Horizons ages ago? i dont realy care about this skin for ships... what about discount for Odyssey or somethnig, or like 50000 ARX or something to make us all be not that much crazy about it ????
This is realy not fair!!!
Lol, stop whining!
It's about time the base game & Horizons get merged.
You got Horizons content years ago, you paid for that.
Be happy you get the paintjobs as an extra.

do you realy think that this is the best move for us, who purchased Horizons ages ago? i dont realy care about this skin for ships... what about discount for Odyssey or somethnig, or like 50000 ARX or something to make us all be not that much crazy about it ????
This is realy not fair!!!

Instead of buying Odyssey, wait half a decade and maybe you'll also get it for free then, that'll show them!

I think it is the right move, and I have bought 3 copies of Horizons... (Well 2 and a Deluxe Pack)
Hoping that the 'full' game will be on the Store for £20 the day after "H-Day" as it will be bought :)

I got the Horizons extension a couple of months ago. Seems I paid 25 € for an exclusive paint job.
How about you give us a discount on Odyssey, say 50%, and access to the Cobra Mk IV when we buy Odyssey.
I will only use it for mining, I promise. 🧐

Excellent decision which is typical for any gaming company as computer technology moves on.
Every past Elite game for decades can be played for free with the correct hardware or emulation app.
Many other past games don't provide this.

Owner of the Lifetime Expansion Pass on one account and not on two others I always viewed this as
helping Frontier get started in 2014 with Beta Prime when I joined. Seeing how far the game has
advanced since then might be the backstory getting the funds that they needed. Given the inflation
rate of currency from 2014 to 2020 I got a good deal.

So Odyssey launches and I'll get it for free...on one account. Not a big deal as I'm embarrassed how
much I have spent over the years for cosmetics!

Meanwhile the Cobra Mk IV was a special moment in the game and should never be open to all. It
was the one moment helping Frontier and should always be honored. Brits are all about honor and
all the posts whining about it won't help.

Still here comes Odyssey...

Perhaps interdicting a player or NPC flying a Cobra Mk IV can attack, board the ship in spacesuits
and weapons and take control of the ship. It won't be easy nor should it be. Then other players can
own a Cobra Mk IV. Meanwhile the player owning a Mk IV can always buy another one. Just an idea...

Worse case. Flying a Cobra Mk IV in Open mode

Regards

cobra4.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent decision which is typical for any gaming company as computer technology moves on.
Every past Elite game for decades can be played for free with the correct hardware or emulation app.

Owner of the Lifetime Expansion Pass on one account and not on two others I always viewed this as
helping Frontier get started in 2014 with Beta Prime when I joined. Seeing how far the game has
advanced since then might be the backstory getting the funds that they needed. Given the inflation
rate of currency from 2014 to 2020 I got a good deal.

So Odyssey launches and I'll get it for free...on one account. Not a big deal as I'm embarrassed how
much I have spent over the years for cosmetics!

Meanwhile the Cobra Mk IV was a special moment in the game and should never be open to all. It
was the one moment helping Frontier and should always be honored. Brits are all about honor and

Still here comes Odyssey...

Perhaps interdicting a player or NPC flying a Cobra Mk IV can attack, board the ship in spacesuits
and weapons and take control of the ship. Then they can own a Cobra Mk IV. Just an idea...

Regards

I like the idea of ships that can NOT be bought, but can only be salvaged. Not only the Cobra Mk IV.

Regards
[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think that is silly. Just because someone happened to see the deal at that moment, other and newer players are always banned from that content? I believe the exclusivity should have had a stop point. Guess what Cape Kennedy was named to honor that contribution to the space race, but they later changed the name back.

Reasonably, those players have been honored long enough. But if you really want to help the game, give the ability to obtain the Mark IV have a cost. I am pretty sure many players would pay it to contribute. If I had been around during the time frame, I would have gladly bought the expansion when it came out. Being penalized for coming into the game a bit later, is essentially unfair to newer players.

I got my 4 copies during the honeymoon years, so all of them have horizons, but just chiming in to say ship paint sets are a good class of reward and would definitely inspire more sales.

I hope the experiment in generosity pays well for you.

Meanwhile the Cobra Mk IV was a special moment in the game and should never be open to all.
I'm absolutely fine with it remaining locked and exclusive for PC and Xbox players.

However i am still of the opinion it should have been offered to PS4 players, and retroactively given to those that preordered the PS4 version with Horizons. As FDev themselves said, for parity and fairness sake.

by Zac Antonaci:

This specifically is much more about the Xbox Commanders having the same opportunity as PC players had.
Then this follow-up post:

However, to be clear, if we didn't make this available for Xbox players it would have then become unfair to them (as they couldn't have purchased at that time).

Ultimately this should be a positive thing, for the Xbox Community answering the questions they have been asking about the Cobra MK IV but instead seems to be slipping into a debate about the finer points of shorter term promotional offers.

It would be good if CMDRs could loot/steal/hijack a Cobra MK4, but no rebuy should be given if destroyed. Also losing all engineered modules in it - game is meant to be dangerous / its in the name etc.

Last edited:
Makes sense, I guess ... not keen on the paint job: could you not give us Horizons purchasing folks the equivalent ARX so we can choose a paint job we’d actually use? 😉

Top Bottom