What other games are we all playing?

I dunno, looking back over the past few months, the last really good one was May. That had JWE (which I already had, so natch), XCom 2, Rise of Industry, etc. But there's been some good stuff in the last few months as well.

I did cancel it for a bit. But then I renewed, because I realised that the reason I have it isn't to get blockbuster games at cheap prices (which is nice, but not a requirement). It's to expose me to wee highly rated indie games that I wouldn't otherwise see. Steam's "recommended for you" list doesn't work for me, because my Steam library is 500+ and is very eclectic.

So you get funky weird stuff like "Through the Darkest of Times", or "Fun with Rag Dolls". "Little Big Workshop" is brilliant too.

It's still worth it to me. 🤷‍♀️

My favorite city building / economy game, and one of my all time favorite franchises overall. I've been playing since Tropico 3, and it just keeps getting better with each iteration.
My only gripe with Tropico 6 is that the building controls and map navigation are really clunky/unwieldly. I really don't recall the first Tropico being that challenging just to scroll across the map. Or place/drop a building on the fly somewhere. Humph. Mebbe it's 'cuz I'm getting long in the tooth..... :geek:

My only gripe with Tropico 6 is that the building controls and map navigation are really clunky/unwieldly. I really don't recall the first Tropico being that challenging just to scroll across the map. Or place/drop a building on the fly somewhere. Humph. Mebbe it's 'cuz I'm getting long in the tooth..... :geek:

I think it's the same as in previous games. Might be the default view orientation that makes it feel confusing, which is also an old gripe of mine... I always start a new game by adjusting the camera to a more vertical (press shift and move the mouse up I think) and north oriented view (rotate until the map "rectangle" is orientated north), after that I think it's fine as then the building grid is perfectly visible and the orientation matches the map in a more natural way.

Scrolling the map is just moving the mouse to the edges (might be disabled by default? Check the options if so).

You still need to use the keys to rotate buildings before placing them though. After a few times it becomes second nature.

Last edited:
Empyrion has a new patch update today! Now that's what I call commitment to your fan base.

Some additions might only seem to be visual changes, like the new Asteroid rings (which are now visible from planets as well) and other entries of the changelog below might sound like technical shenanigans, but both will prepare some of the groundwork we will iterate on for this years ‘Christmas update’.

I :love: Eleon Game Studios complete dedication to their ongoing development of this officially new franchise. These guys sure as hell didn't take any time off after EGS departure from Early Access on Steam :geek:

Goodness. Just realized this little gem. They did a great job making free roam mode more interesting. I've got to get that boxer and alien suit!

Happy 30th birthday to The Secret Of Monkey Island 🎂🐒

Now that was a proper text adventure game :)

It was actually one of the first games i played back in the early 90's. Loved it so much back then, that I bought the enhanced editions of the whole franchise in the last steam sale. They're still great to play today, and I can finally finish the sequels, as I only finished the first one in the 90's.

Now that was a proper text adventure game :)

It was actually one of the first games i played back in the early 90's. Loved it so much back then, that I bought the enhanced editions of the whole franchise in the last steam sale. They're still great to play today, and I can finally finish the sequels, as I only finished the first one in the 90's.
Still the only game that has made me laugh out loud. :ROFLMAO:

YAASSSSSSssssssssssssssss Queen! :love: :love: :love: :love: :geek: :p :love: :love: :love:

My ADHD sez: Move over Skyrim, FO4, Space Engineers, NMS, KCD, EGS, RDR2, and GTAO!

New City Wire featuring:

INSANE player customization on cars/bikes vehicles
crazy variety of high, medium to low end cars
INSANE functionality on vehicle performance based on what mod(s) the players put in them
INSANE attention to detail of exterior AND interior vehicle upgrades (seating, flair etc)
Big diversity in player clothing options and personal character customization
official/organized sandbox drag racing in BOTH city streets and especially the desert based on this latest vid
fighting also a verified side bar sandbox based on what NPC says to V @ 13:10 about getting a pink slip for beating him at racing. Either V "matches him in cash or he can forget about the fights". Sounds like you might be able to wager & barter on kickboxing/street fight matches for winining cars and other vehicles??
O.M.G. So MIND BLOWN. And this masterpiece is barely 30 calender days from release!

And NONE of this content seems to be grindy in order for player to acquire it. Just play the danged game to acquire your material possessions. Period. That's just based on the ridiculous sandbox ways in which the player can make money outside MQ missions based on the last 3 City Wires alone....

CDPR has just put R* to shame for the next decade or so.

And if/when they do get around to offering that potential MMO mode later, then it's RIP GTAO. R* is going to end up having to offer 100% of their $$$$$ overpriced drip feed DLC for FREE just to be able to compete with CP2077 a year from now......
o_O

Last edited:
YAASSSSSSssssssssssssssss Queen! :love: :love: :love: :love: :geek: :p :love: :love: :love:

My ADHD sez: Move over Skyrim, FO4, Space Engineers, NMS, KCD, EGS, RDR2, and GTAO!

New City Wire featuring:

INSANE player customization on cars/bikes vehicles
crazy variety of high, medium to low end cars
INSANE functionality on vehicle performance based on what mod(s) the players put in them
INSANE attention to detail of exterior AND interior vehicle upgrades (seating, flair etc)
Big diversity in player clothing options and personal character customization
official/organized sandbox drag racing in BOTH city streets and especially the desert based on this latest vid
fighting also a verified side bar sandbox based on what NPC says to V @ 13:10 about getting a pink slip for beating him at racing. Either V "matches him in cash or he can forget about the fights". Sounds like you might be able to wager & barter on kickboxing/street fight matches for winining cars and other vehicles??
O.M.G. So MIND BLOWN. And this masterpiece is barely 30 calender days from release!

And NONE of this content seems to be grindy in order for player to acquire it. Just play the danged game to acquire your material possessions. Period. That's just based on the ridiculous sandbox ways in which the player can make money outside MQ missions based on the last 3 City Wires alone....

CDPR has just put R* to shame for the next decade or so.

And if/when they do get around to offering that potential MMO mode later, then it's RIP GTAO. R* is going to end up having to offer 100% of their $$$$$ overpriced drip feed DLC for FREE just to be able to compete with CP2077 a year from now......
o_O
Nice one..was waiting for the latest episode to appear :)

Wot teh fuq?!!?? Q.Q This is some SERIOUS model spec information overload here.
0.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

All that attention to detail and it's not even a car/vehicle themed game like GTAO nvm a racing game the likes of Forza 4!!

Featuring several different vehicle classes

Features so far vehicle parts are EXCHANGABLE! yASSSS! 😍
  • Economy class = for when you're first starting out as a broke azz n00b. And for other peasant level NPCs of course
  • Executive class = definite luxury class probably geared towards Corpo style?
  • Sport class = definitely for street racing & Street Kids with the Fast & Furious vibe
  • Heavy class = Law enforcement, criminal activities, and for other RP types like Nomads if modded up? Annnddd...
  • HYPER CAR CLASS. For being an armored tank with warp speed AND style. 🥰 RIP GTAO!
Wonder if these specs will change if you jack an NPC car like they showed in the video and then tried to mod it? Would a different model/make/year show up? Different drive train/engine specs etc etc? If so, can you just IMAGINE how many hours of life ppl are going to sinking alone into just this vehicle modding/tinkering game feature alone? And the sheer volume of videos from all the player meet ups that are going to be spamming YT and social media come next month!? R* is going to die of envy! 😂

Last edited:
Wot teh fuq?!!?? Q.Q This is some SERIOUS model spec information overload here.

All that attention to detail and it's not even a car/vehicle themed game like GTAO nvm a racing game the likes of Forza 4!!

Featuring several different vehicle classes

Features so far vehicle parts are EXCHANGABLE! yASSSS! 😍
  • Economy class = for when you're first starting out as a broke azz n00b. And for other peasant level NPCs of course
  • Executive class = definite luxury class probably geared towards Corpo style?
  • Sport class = definitely for street racing & Street Kids with the Fast & Furious vibe
  • Heavy class = Law enforcement, criminal activities, and for other RP types like Nomads if modded up? Annnddd...
  • HYPER CAR CLASS. For being an armored tank with warp speed AND style. 🥰 RIP GTAO!
Wonder if these specs will change if you jack an NPC car like they showed in the video and then tried to mod it? Would a different model/make/year show up? Different drive train/engine specs etc etc? If so, can you just IMAGINE how many hours of life ppl are going to sinking alone into just this vehicle modding/tinkering game feature alone? And the sheer volume of videos from all the player meet ups that are going to be spamming YT and social media come next month!? R* is going to die of envy! 😂
Never mind the mobile shoe boxes...they have Arch Motorcycles ! 😈

Last edited:
With all the gender hubbub in the beginning of the Cyberpunk reveals my attention for this game was swiftly dwindling but the latest reveals realy brought it back on my radar.
It does look like it's gonna be a very nice game.

Ugh, so many good games coming out in the last months of the year, which ones to pick though!

^^
IKR?

AAA major league hitters the likes of AC Vikings, Mafia 1, and upcoming GOTY CP2077

Hidden AA gems like Hardspace Shipbreaker, Satisfactory, Medieval Dynasty, Wasteland 3, Grounded and long awaited return of Baldur's Gate 3. And it's about to get better with release of Odyssey next year.

For every game franchise that I was disappointed by this year, at least 2 more raised the bar for expectations in the industry

Given the slow start to the year and then being blindsided by Covid. Who would've thought 2020 would've turned out the way it did?? :D

I have 2 incoming life-drainers for the end of year, Cyberpunk and Football Manager. Together with IL-2 Sturmovik and MSFS2020 it's already more than enough for the next few months. With Odyssey releasing early next year I also expect to go back to ED playing times in the same levels of 4/5 years ago, so it's at least an entire semester covered with games with huge lifespans.

Last edited:
I'm more looking forward to CP2077 since the announcement of being able to ride a virtual Arch motorcycle...I'm never going to pay the amount Keanu Reeves wants for me to actually own one since they almost cost as much as a 1936 Brough Superior 100-SS...even if I kinda lust over the design of them... and the noise they make. I'll stick to my small fleet of cheap Harleys and ancient Brit vintage bikes instead. :)

My most desired motorcycle...ever. I've ridden, but never owned one. At a modest price of around £315,000 ($408,000)...I'm never likely to own one neither :oops:

1936-brough-superior-ss100-still-touring-the-uk-up-for-auction_4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm more looking forward to CP2077 since the announcement of being able to ride a virtual Arch motorcycle...I'm never going to pay the amount Keanu Reeves wants for me to actually own one since they almost cost as much as a 1936 Brough Superior 100-SS...even if I kinda lust over the design of them... and the noise they make. I'll stick to my small fleet of cheap Harleys and ancient Brit vintage bikes instead. :)

My most desired motorcycle...ever. I've ridden, but never owned one. At a modest price of around £315,000 ($408,000)...I'm never likely to own one neither :oops:

View attachment 191590

Love old-school bikes too, although in this particular case I'd swap out the fishtails from the pipes.

Top Bottom