Planet Coaster anymore DLC?

Hopefully it means they are working on something. I guess time will tell. Also looks like Frontier is working on something for Planet Zoo on Steam db as well.

Last edited:
Oh...this discussion again...
NewAntiqueAzurevasesponge-size_restricted.gif

What if whatever top secret project they were working on they started it way before the virus? You didn’t expect them to just stop it? They are working from home. I was hoping they would throw us computer players a bone and give us at least 1 dlc before the console edition launches. Preferably an all rides one like the last few because we have enough scenery. I wouldn’t mind if the release of a new dlc was delayed to May or June in light of the current situation if they are working on a dlc. Our county just got a stay at home order from the governor. I live in Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it’s safe to say the game is complete as is. Awesome game tho I still remember seeing this game for the first time on steam and got it for my birthday. One of my favorite gifts ever.

I heard that they will resume development on the PC version once the console version launches. So maybe we will get more rides in the future. Only Frontier can make new working rides for the game right now. Other park sims have the ability for users to import working ride models. Planet Coaster does not. That is the problem. We need more ride DLC’s. The game is still missing stuff from RCT3. We got our chairlifts but I wanted classic versions as well like 1970’s era versions. The extreme thrill rides from RCT3 are missing in Planet Coaster like the sky swing, slingshot, etc. but users made fake versions. There are still coaster types and some water rides missing. We could use more flat rides and tracked rides.

Last edited:
Hi this is my first post here. I waited 4 years to be able to afford a laptop that played this game, bought another more expensive laptop because the one I purchased didn't allow me to have more than 4k guests so I've spent some coin on my ability to play this game. I feel so abandoned by Frontier. I understand the need to have other projects and then Covid happened but I've purchased every DLC and I just feel like they wrongly have ignored this section of their demographic. We all have put alot of money in Frontier's pocket and I can't wait to give more but man it's really really overdue for some new material. Even an announcement saying they are working on something for us would be nice. It's my luck that when I finally buy the game they stop making DLC for it.

Yeah, I think they stopped,.. unless they make Planet Coaster 2 or something.
View attachment 187100

I don't this has anything to say about new dlc's or not.... Cities:Skylines has a complete the collection Bundle too since about 2 years and they're still publishing new stuff and DLCs. It automatically adjust to what dlc's you already bought and if there are new dlc's they'll be added to that bundle instantly.

As I'm pretty regularly checking steamdb, I already saw pretty early that they're working on the MacOS version as well, and they uploaded new jpg's for "New Content Available" thumbnail which they've been using everytime anything new was published, so maybe there'll be some new stuff with the MacOS version in November? We'll see...

Hi this is my first post here. I waited 4 years to be able to afford a laptop that played this game, bought another more expensive laptop because the one I purchased didn't allow me to have more than 4k guests so I've spent some coin on my ability to play this game. I feel so abandoned by Frontier. I understand the need to have other projects and then Covid happened but I've purchased every DLC and I just feel like they wrongly have ignored this section of their demographic. We all have put alot of money in Frontier's pocket and I can't wait to give more but man it's really really overdue for some new material. Even an announcement saying they are working on something for us would be nice. It's my luck that when I finally buy the game they stop making DLC for it.
I feel the same way..... We are 100% Abandoned by Frontier.
There are so many things left to add to the Game. An ARCADE-DLC for example. It SHOULD be in the game!!..... and LIFTS. I can't count how many times i have needed lifts. I just can't count that high.....The Bungee-Flying-Rides (forgot the name) The list goes on filling up a couple of pages.

And this does not include the totally Crazy controll-system in the game. This will ALSO NEVER be corrected.......the list of Crazy Faults in the game is very long, and its fighting you all the way. (the patch-problem is just a minor problem compared to the other stuff) You are trying to put blocks down with precision but gigantic arrows are blocking your view 100%, and so on!....Why am i even complaining. Nothing will be done about it.
I must mention the maybe most Crazy thing in the game.

The deleting of any Coaster or ride
....You can have finetuned a coaster for years, and then you are working on other stuff. Building and deleting material......And then after some time you CAN'T find your coaster any more, or ride!!!!...ooops, i by accident deleted my Coaster i worked on for 2 years. Oh my god!!!.... Ok lets see. The autoSaves are useless. They save over each other very fast because it's only 3 auto saves. Hmmm. i forgot to save the last hour!.so this means i will have to start all over with the things i just built and changed.! Well TRY to. Most of the times you can not duplicate what you just did. depending on what you did of course.....all this could have been avoided if we got a WARNING before deleting our work...... The Screen should be flashing red, and you should be given a warning before you can finally delete it.

You get ZERO warning you are about to Delete your years of WORK !!!!!!!!!!!! one click on delete and it's gone!
.(ok 2 with the clicking on the coaster or ride) .. But when you place down a PIECE of material you have to make a extra click just to nail it down!!!...When i am saying this i am not joking. I have clicked at least 50 000 EXTRA times for 100% no reason at all. And it wastes TIME.....In all the history of the Personal Computer is has been this= When you click on something you mark it, or it starts something......Imagine if you had to make an extra mouse-click on your computer every time you wanted to click on something else !!!....you would tear of your own head in anger!

Then we have some ''minor'' stuff like waaay too many MEN/BOYS walking bending over 90 degrees because they have to pee. I have NEVER seen this in real life or on Video. I have seen some Ladies do it though. They have different Plumbing you know hehe.... i can live with this if they just fixed some of the other Critical problems.....I could also live with the non-logic Coaster-hands in front of the camera....Not one person on earth except for the Frontier-team think it's an good idea with coaster hands. Guess they do not want to delete the work they did on the hand-animations?!

I can't Program to save my life, but if i would have been in charge of Directing the whole game (or is it Producing?) You would have gotten a game Based on total Logic sense. and every little problem i missed would have been corrected in an update.

Why i am soo passionate about this is because it's the Greatest game ever made!... Imagine if they Optimized and fixed all the problems and added what's missing.

Last edited:
I would like them to make a Rotor and Gravitron, typical spin and pukes where gravity pins riders to the wall. They are in RCT3. I feel that RCT3 is a step backwards from Planet Coaster so I would have rather had Planet Coaster be an improved RCT3 with most of the flat rides and some coaster types from RCT3.

Yeah man, Frontier is responsible for the decisions and mistakes you made. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Who said they are responsible? I just said that I have made a significant financial investment to be able to play their games and I feel as though they have just taken our money and set this particular fanbase aside to make more money from consoles and Apple gamers. Am I the only person who immediately doesn't like a person that uses emojis?

Who said they are responsible? I just said that I have made a significant financial investment to be able to play their games and I feel as though they have just taken our money and set this particular fanbase aside to make more money from consoles and Apple gamers. Am I the only person who immediately doesn't like a person that uses emojis?

Who said I was talking to you. Or do you just immediately think every post is about you. :ROFLMAO:

But to iterate, what I actually meant was, someone presses delete, removes his ride, and realizes a few hours later it's gone, then it's the fault of Frontier because the Autosaves are bad?

Last edited:
Who said I was talking to you. Or do you just immediately think every post is about you. :ROFLMAO:

But to iterate, what I actually meant was, someone presses delete, removes his ride, and realizes a few hours later it's gone, then it's the fault of Frontier because the Autosaves are bad?

Well they did sort of program the game? While I don't think this would necessarily be my first complaint, why do you feel like you have to stick your opinion in and run to the game's defense?

I hope something is announced soon. It's been FAR too long.

I don't this has anything to say about new dlc's or not.... Cities:Skylines has a complete the collection Bundle too since about 2 years and they're still publishing new stuff and DLCs. It automatically adjust to what dlc's you already bought and if there are new dlc's they'll be added to that bundle instantly.

As I'm pretty regularly checking steamdb, I already saw pretty early that they're working on the MacOS version as well, and they uploaded new jpg's for "New Content Available" thumbnail which they've been using everytime anything new was published, so maybe there'll be some new stuff with the MacOS version in November? We'll see...
Ok, I'm glad to know that. Because with all the commotion for Waterpark updates/DLC, I don't see Frontier jumping ship on DLC just yet. The Loading-Unloading System is too single-track in my opinion, a creative Auto-Manager would be nice for people who want to only build and ride in Sandbox and Custom Scenario, and there are still a lot of potential attractions on the board for DLC.

But slow down for a second. How much did you spend on the game, including DLC? Personally, I spent around $120 US. I have also played the game for over 3000 hours. Some simple math will tell you that I have been entertained for about four cents an hour. Now tell me, is that not a bargain?

Everyone complains about no new DLC, which is just human nature, but think about what you did get. Not too shabby.

The deleting of any Coaster or ride.....all this could have been avoided if we got a WARNING before deleting our work...... The Screen should be flashing red, and you should be given a warning before you can finally delete it.

You get ZERO warning you are about to Delete your years of WORK !!!!!!!!!!!! one click on delete and it's gone!

I can't Program to save my life, but if i would have been in charge of Directing the whole game (or is it Producing?) You would have gotten a game Based on total Logic sense. and every little problem i missed would have been corrected in an update.

Why i am soo passionate about this is because it's the Greatest game ever made!... Imagine if they Optimized and fixed all the problems and added what's missing.

I'm sorry you lost your coaster, but it was not the game's fault. You can easily correct your mistakes by either trying the undo button (you did after all delete it yourself, the game didn't delete anything by itself), or you could create multiple saves on your park. Any time I do something important or make a big change, start a new area, I resave my game, for example park1, park2, park3, etc. This way if I make a mistake or just don't like the way things are working out, I can merely load my previous save of the park, and I am right back where I started from. So, in your example, I accidentally delete my coaster, and the undo key doesn't back up far enough, I can merely reload the previous park save, and bingo, there's my coaster again. Of course, if you don't do this often, you could lose some other new thing, but then you could load the autosave, save the ride or structure as a blueprint, and you are still good to go.

Welcome to a discussion board where people are allowed to react to one another's comment and give their opinion. (y)

Gotta love the internet where people like you can say things you would never say to a person face to face.

I simply cannot understand how Frontier has abandoned this game and how they could possibly make more money selling console versions of this game rather than have the entire customer base purchase DLC. It's beyond overdue. I'm sure they will give everyone's new built in excuse of blaming it on covid but they should get their act together.

Gotta love the internet where people like you can say things you would never say to a person face to face.

I simply cannot understand how Frontier has abandoned this game and how they could possibly make more money selling console versions of this game rather than have the entire customer base purchase DLC. It's beyond overdue. I'm sure they will give everyone's new built in excuse of blaming it on covid but they should get their act together.
And here we are again with the monthly "Frontier abandoned Planet Coaster" discussion. I think we were spoiled back then when we got update after update and DLC after DLC. I understand this hunger for more. I am the same. The more content for this Game the better. But what we need to do is realise that Frontier has multiple Projects going on they need to give attention: Elite Dangerous on multiple Platforms, JWE on multiple Platforms, Planet Zoo, and now Planet Coaster on multiple Platforms. Giving all these Games the fair share in the Sun means that some have a dry Patch for a while. I don't mind waiting for new things, since i STILL haven't completely exhausted all the Content this Game has already. Just think of the amount of stuff that we can play with. I for one haven't even touched the Ghostbusters DLC, even though i own it. I am busy building all my other Parks that i don't even have the time to dive in.

But this is just me. What i have learned over the years is that patience will be rewarded :D I might be wrong and this is the End of DLC for this Game (which of course will come one day) or we will get another DLC out of the blue that will blow us away. If there is no more Content for this Game, i will still be happy to play with what i do have :D

Top Bottom