Planet Coaster anymore DLC?

Thought I heard a broken record playing in here...oh hold up, it's only this discussion kicking off for the billionth time.
source.gif

For the last time guys, Planet Coaster is very much still alive and kicking. Frontier released a QoL update only last month, is that not evident enough that the game's still going?? Hell, they wouldn't even be bringing it to console if they weren't gonna continue developing it and they'd certainly say something if that was the case. You're only putting the idea into your own heads and then you continue this discussion which infects more and more people with this rumour.

I'm saying this right now but Frontier have been really dedicated and have worked exceptionally hard for the community, not just with Planet Zoo but ensuring Planet Coaster stays afloat too. I have faith, I know others do too, and I see absolutely no reason why they'd have no plans for the latter in the new year. :)

They are probably don't able to release new dlc...
Frontier is focussing on Planet Zoo and PC console edition (and other titles). If they'll sell a sufficient amount for consoles they'll release new dlc across all platforms .

It's all about making money!

I’m just wondering if there will be any dlc before the console edition releases next summer. If not, fine, then there will be something after.

I’m just wondering if there will be any dlc before the console edition releases next summer. If not, fine, then there will be something after.
Just don't get your hopes up, don't want you disappointed if nothing happens when you're expecting. All you can do really for the time being is just enjoy the game as it is. Try challenge mode if you want to make the most out of it! :) (because let's face it, that's bound to keep you busy for a while, and this comes from someone who thought starting up in Planet Zoo on challenge mode was a good idea... 😝)

What do you think what awaits us this year apart from the console version? When will we get a new DLC and what do you think what topic will the DLC be about SCFI or another topic or will we just get a ride park again.:)

I'm hoping the next DLC will be about Cedar Fair Parks. I would like to see a DLC get added where different rides come from Cedar Fair Parks. Something like what they did with Steel Vengeance from Cedar Point and Copperhead Strike Carowinds.

ARCADE-DLC ......New rides is fun, but what is missing is an arcade-dlc
ONLY Frontier can do it right. Every (most) amusement parks have them, but for some reason i can't find it in Planet coaster..... If we don't count the invisible Hotel-arcade.

I'm hoping the next DLC will be about Cedar Fair Parks. I would like to see a DLC get added where different rides come from Cedar Fair Parks. Something like what they did with Steel Vengeance from Cedar Point and Copperhead Strike Carowinds.
I'm hoping for a Efteling DLC, a Walibi DLC perhaps even a Slagharen or a Drievliet DLC. Oh and I also want a Phantasialand, EuropaPark, Bobbejaanland, Plopsaland, Gardaland, Parc Asterix, Port Aventura , etc, etc DLC.
Come on guys, let us be realistic, themepark specific DLC's will require licenses, and licenses cost money, which will lead to DLC's being more expensive, like the Ghostbusters DLC.
I hope Frontier will give us some more DLC's with some nice rides and scenery items.

Last edited:
But the problem is that there is no way for anyone outside Frontier to make new working flat rides and new cars for tracked rides and coasters. The only way for us to get new rides is for Frontier to make them and release them in a new DLC. And the tmtk is limited, it can’t make objects larger than a certain size.

I’d be fine with PlanCo PC never getting more content, it already has a lot (of course there will always be more I want), my main concern is with all the stuff in the game that’s been broken for months or years that I wish they’d fix. I know some fixes just aren’t feasible because they are inherent to the engine, but stuff like hotels seem like they should be a simple fix? (Obviously, I’ve never seen the code so I’m just guessing, but it seems like it just needs the math tweaked. The scenario editor hotel functions not working at all may be a more serious issue...)

I would like to see more content added to Planet Coaster we will just have to wait and see if any more gets added. I'm thinking maybe once they release the console version of Planet Coaster we might see more content get added to the PC version.

Nothing. I guess.

With this whole COVID thing, I don't expect anything in the near future, for any game.
Cities Skylines is getting a new DLC next week. Actually it‘s exactly the right time for every digital product, cause people have time to play ges cause they‘re locked down at their homes.. :) but that‘s just my personal opinion. And what I am trying to do int his time sell my own digital product that i Can still pay my rent.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
They just announced they are WFH and still wqorking on the same stuff they were working on.

Sure they are, didn't say otherwise.
But I guess if you want to release stuff, there is a moment where a team must meet and gather, which makes me guess actual releases are rescheduled untill an appropriate time.

Not that it's impossible to have a meeting, through any online application, there are possibilities, but just expecting a release while everyday life is almost coming to a halt, is something that is not on my mind.

Top Bottom