XG Trident, Javelin or Lance

The guardian fighters are a disappointment for me because they are the one area in the guardian equipment where devs could really give a significant advantage over standard equipment. It takes time and material gathering to pick up guardian weapons and modules, but it takes time to engineer standard weapons and modules so I get the need to do a bit of balancing there. Whether that balance is right is something for another thread but it seems absolutely right that guardian modules and weapons shouldn't be better than g5 engineering.

Fighters however are a different story. Given the effort to unlock guardian fighters against just having to buy a standard fighter from the station- shouldn't the extra effort be reflected in noticably better stuff?

Guardian fighters are cool as a diversion while you are taking out a Cyclops. With their AX weapons they are useless against normal game play in a HazRez, But the same game play rules apply taking on Thargoids versus NPCs. Use them wisely.

Last edited:
My problem is I can't seem to buy one. I am at Bray Landing Guardian Tech Broker with a vessel blueprint fragment in my grubby paw. But the list of options is modules and weapons only. Any bright ideas? Do need a hanger installed?

The CG notice also reads 'access to Guardian weapons and modules will stay reduced for one more week.' 0 no mention of fighters.

Last edited:
My problem is I can't seem to buy one. I am at Bray Landing Guardian Tech Broker with a vessel blueprint fragment in my grubby paw. But the list of options is modules and weapons only. Any bright ideas? Do need a hanger installed?

The CG notice also reads 'access to Guardian weapons and modules will stay reduced for one more week.' 0 no mention of fighters.
You’ll need the hangar to buy the fighters but I wouldn’t have thought that would stop you from unlocking them at the technology broker...

Why are FD reducing our access to guardian gear? They’re so strange sometimes...

You’ll need the hangar to buy the fighters but I wouldn’t have thought that would stop you from unlocking them at the technology broker...

Why are FD reducing our access to guardian gear? They’re so strange sometimes...

They aren't, they made it cheaper to get everything except the fighters (which are arguably the most useless thing anyway)

So, they made it overall easier to get gaurdian stuff, not harder.

They aren't, they made it cheaper to get everything except the fighters (which are arguably the most useless thing anyway)

Ok so what’s mikelowndes talking about?
I don’t pay any attention to cg’s...

When you say cheaper you mean in credits right? Not mats...

Last edited:

Have a read through this.

You gather materials to unlock stuff. Then you can purchase.

Yeh, but I see nothing in the game to distinguish between a Guardian Tech Broker that sells fighters and one that doesn't. I guess I need to go even more meta on this. Maybe only brokers in orbit supply the fighters? Trouble is the nearest other GTB is a bit of a schlep.

Yeh, but I see nothing in the game to distinguish between a Guardian Tech Broker that sells fighters and one that doesn't. I guess I need to go even more meta on this. Maybe only brokers in orbit supply the fighters? Trouble is the nearest other GTB is a bit of a schlep.
You are looking in the broker, not Outfitting?

You are looking in the broker, not Outfitting?

The broker doesn't offer them to unlock, I found the same thing, as I was hoping to get a discount for the last fighter I haven't unlocked (It requires a dumb amount of epsilon data...) and yeah, it is odd that they don't have it to unlock.

Seems like for some reason, Frontier just didn't want to include the fighters in the discount.

Yep, I have no idea what's going on with that either. But at that broker, no fighters

My nearest guardian tech broker at the time...can’t remember.

Glad you bumped this thread though because I’d like to deliver my final review...

4/10 They’re pretty rubbish.

Anyways, done it once, won't be doing it again...
only buying one for the bling 8^)

Yep, I have no idea what's going on with that either. But at that broker, no fighters
Glad its not me just going mad. Possibly they weill come back when the discount ends.
While I can tank Cyclops swarm I was going to try one to distract a Basilisk swarm.

Glad its not me just going mad. Possibly they weill come back when the discount ends.
While I can tank Cyclops swarm I was going to try one to distract a Basilisk swarm.
So I schlepped* back to the bubble and bought a Trident, back to Bray and hey ho, it was available in Outfitting.

*when I say schlepped, i used my 70 Kylie Phantom so its want that bad.

Flying the Trident is a joy - so fast and manourverable.

So I schlepped* back to the bubble and bought a Trident, back to Bray and hey ho, it was available in Outfitting.

*when I say schlepped, i used my 70 Kylie Phantom so its want that bad.

Flying the Trident is a joy - so fast and manourverable.
That's what confused me earlier in the thread, I bought some at Bray Landing, so just assumed you could unlock them there.
Seems a bit daft.

That's what confused me earlier in the thread, I bought some at Bray Landing, so just assumed you could unlock them there.
Seems a bit daft.

Yeah, looks like a temporary thing just to exclude the fighters from the discount for some arbitrary reason.

Possibly because the devs somehow think gathering 290904378947859384 pattern epsilon data is epic level gameplay they wouldn't want anyone to lose out on.

Yeah, looks like a temporary thing just to exclude the fighters from the discount for some arbitrary reason.

Possibly because the devs somehow think gathering 290904378947859384 pattern epsilon data is epic level gameplay they wouldn't want anyone to lose out on.
Pattern Epsilon...🤬

Top Bottom