Warning-Warning This is not a test. Many New Horizon CMDRs Now Heading To Engineering Systems. All Gankers and Murderhobos to Deciat

Deleted member 110222

D
If the latest CGs are anything to go by then the new horizons cmdrs won't have anything to worry about :D

Why?! Thought you were all for the cut throat open galaxy?
BGS, sure.

Frontier's rather questionable balancing means that solo engineering is borderline essential.

Also, because I can.

Live from Deciat via Galnet:

iu

Won't they have to go and spend a lot of time gathering the materials and what not before they can even start to engineer anything? lol

Frontier's rather questionable balancing means that solo engineering is borderline essential.
Never had any major issues personally...and I'm 100% open me. Just be aware of your surroundings and if you do have an issue with combat/escaping, then don't go at peak times.
I think posts on the forums make it sound worse than it is.

Never had any major issues personally...and I'm 100% open me. Just be aware of your surroundings and if you do have an issue with combat/escaping, then don't go at peak times.
I think posts on the forums make it sound worse than it is.

(Checks notes)
(Looks at the hundreds of billions of credits of wrecked ships lost to Deciat ganks.)

Welcome to Deciat..

The perfect place to peacefully spend some time. Leisurely flying only now, you are on Deciat time!

This is a safe and welcoming community, suitable for retirees! Come play golf in low-G at Farseer, the prettiest little base in the whole Orion Spur. Kick back and meet the locals! Enjoy friendly banter and fine tucker....we serve salted crab meals with fireworks...just about every night!

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Notice to any new Horizons players - remember that the Block function works like a charm. It will prevent the blocked person to be match-maked with you ever again in the game (the only exception being if both of you have the same person on your friends list and all 3 of you happen to be at the same spot, then the friends list trumps the block).

You can block someone either from the Social main menu or directly in game from the History tab in the comms panel.

Highly recommended to filter out people that you'd rather not play with (y)

Last edited:
Notice to any new Horizons players - remember that the Block function works like a charm. It will prevent the blocked person to be match-maked with you ever again in the game (the only exception being if both of you have the same person on your friends list and all 3 of you happen to be at the same spot, then the friends list trumps the block).

You can block someone either from the Social main menu or directly in game from the History tab in the comms panel.

Apart from the fact that this breaks open, and is the dumbest thing a player can do to avoid getting ganked (hurr, durr, just go to solo if you care that much, don't completely mess up the already bad instancing mechanics for TRUE open players), I don't think it works mechanically as you state it does. It was recently adjusted so that blocks override friends, was my understanding, I don't know which is true, but I do know that all kinds of crappery happen whenever you're around someone with a 'heavy' block list, so it may be worth getting a confirmation on that from someone at FD before stating that doing this won't mess up instancing with friends and randoms.

If you need an example of just how dumb this is, picture this... I'm flying in open, I enter deciat, I see lots of players, one interdicts me, I escape, I block that player. Now, that player is back in his instance in open, playing with, you know, other players who also want to play with other players, while you, who just blocked one person in the instance, are now going to be playing alone. In the worst case, you get back into supercruise first, and you are now with all the other gankers, while the ganker you just blocked can no longer get into the instance with the other players, cos you're in it and you blocked them. That's what I call griefing, not being shot at in OPEN in a spaceship game. Alternatively, you may be put into a smaller instance with fewer players, where again someone will likely try to gank you, but spear are in the instance containing players you just blocked, so you don't even see them, let alone get help from them. Then one day you'll be playing with your friends and all will be going great and then suddenly you'll get separated and be unable to instance together cos someone has someone on their block lists, it's literally an absolute crap show. Friends tell friends to CLEAR their block lists to help everyone instance better, and deal with ganking in a more appropiate and less selfish way (such as logging into PG or solo when they want to avoid playing the game with others).

So folks, if you want to avoid gankers, do the honorable thing and go to solo, don't abuse the block feature which is intended for people who are actually HARRASSING you, not just playing the game. If someone is following you around in the game abusing you and doing real griefing stuff, then obviously, block and report them, then unblock them some time later (you can always block them again for a further period if necessary). This keeps the wheels turning smoothly for everyone. Thanks so much.

Apart from the fact that this breaks open, and is the dumbest thing a player can do to avoid getting ganked (hurr, durr, just go to solo if you care that much, don't completely mess up the already bad instancing mechanics for TRUE open players), I don't think it works mechanically as you state it does. It was recently adjusted so that blocks override friends, was my understanding, I don't know which is true, but I do know that all kinds of crappery happen whenever you're around someone with a 'heavy' block list, so it may be worth getting a confirmation on that from someone at FD before stating that doing this won't mess up instancing with friends and randoms.

If you need an example of just how dumb this is, picture this... I'm flying in open, I enter deciat, I see lots of players, one interdicts me, I escape, I block that player. Now, that player is back in his instance in open, playing with, you know, other players who also want to play with other players, while you, who just blocked one person in the instance, are now going to be playing alone. In the worst case, you get back into supercruise first, and you are now with all the other gankers, while the ganker you just blocked can no longer get into the instance with the other players, cos you're in it and you blocked them. That's what I call griefing, not being shot at in OPEN in a spaceship game. Alternatively, you may be put into a smaller instance with fewer players, where again someone will likely try to gank you, but spear are in the instance containing players you just blocked, so you don't even see them, let alone get help from them. Then one day you'll be playing with your friends and all will be going great and then suddenly you'll get separated and be unable to instance together cos someone has someone on their block lists, it's literally an absolute crap show. Friends tell friends to CLEAR their block lists to help everyone instance better, and deal with ganking in a more appropiate and less selfish way (such as logging into PG or solo when they want to avoid playing the game with others).

So folks, if you want to avoid gankers, do the honorable thing and go to solo, don't abuse the block feature which is intended for people who are actually HARRASSING you, not just playing the game. If someone is following you around in the game abusing you and doing real griefing stuff, then obviously, block and report them, then unblock them some time later (you can always block them again if necessary. This keeps the wheels turning smoothly for everyone. Thanks so much.
You must be a ganker to argue that way 😜

Now that the obvious is out of the way… 👆 what El Huevo says 👍

While you're at it, please make sure to block rootsrat too, just for preventive measures. ;)

Before anyone would ruin matchmaking any further with block lists, how about contacting Tebori instead, and call spear? At least pvp is fun...

If you are early on in your engineering journey as you would typically be at Deciat, you are probably better off not bothering with open yet, at least not in busy systems like Deciat or the CG. At Farseer (and generally other engineer bases), don't make the mistake of believing that the station defenses are going to save you: it's a joke. Depending on the time of day, there are wings of fully engineered ships with long range weapons that can hit you while you land or take off, without the base being able to do anything about it.

Also, if you need meta-alloys to unlock Felicity Farseer, check this thread.

Top Bottom